Used Smith .38/.357
View Results

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:35 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel;
Yeah, Kevlar gloves would be great if you have a Glock.
I don't, but I've personally seen two ARs detonate. One of them split the bolt carrier down these two lines and blew the whole damn thing out the mag well. It wasn't even a hot load, it was just an old and VERY used part.

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:25 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel;
Yeah, Kevlar gloves would be great if you have a Glock.
I don't, but I've personally seen two ARs detonate. One of them split the bolt carrier down these two lines and blew the whole damn thing out the mag well. It wasn't even a hot load, it was just an old and VERY used part.

User Image

gonk

Scary AR go away! crying  

OberFeldwebel

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:26 pm
Okay, I'm going for the Smith. There's a gun show Friday and Saturday Saturday and Sunday around here. My dad didn't get to speak with the guy at his work so I'm going to have him try to find a buyer there. Hopefully I'll be able to find a Smith in .38/.357 that's in good condition for $300. But I don't know. They age pretty well.

If I find a Hi-Power I might go for that, though, depdning on what revos I find.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:40 pm
Now who was talking about checking the timing on revolvers? ... confused  

OberFeldwebel

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:58 pm
OberFeldwebel

Nobody asked about it. However, I did post in Requiem's thread about (2) hundred year old pistols. Basically, just make sure that the chamber in the cylinder engages the barrel before the hammer drops.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:35 pm
The High Road has a great article on checking out old revolvers and what to look for. I'll link to it when I'm more bored. But I could identify a good one from a bad one pretty easily. I just feel awkward trying to check out a pistol when I can't technically buy one. Some guys don't care but some do and might think my dad's getting it for me and that that's bad or something ( rolleyes ) even if it's true.

Do any of you guys have to deal with that?  

ArmasTermin

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:44 pm
ArmasTermin
The High Road has a great article on checking out old revolvers and what to look for. I'll link to it when I'm more bored. But I could identify a good one from a bad one pretty easily. I just feel awkward trying to check out a pistol when I can't technically buy one. Some guys don't care but some do and might think my dad's getting it for me and that that's bad or something ( rolleyes ) even if it's true.

Nope. There are a few people who take me for some dim-witted teenager. However, in Texas every red-blooded male is supposed to have a gun. At least, thats the mentallity of most sellers at Texas gun shows....  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:35 am
Freak_090
ArmasTermin

Nope. There are a few people who take me for some dim-witted teenager. However, in Texas every red-blooded male is supposed to have a gun. At least, thats the mentallity of most sellers at Texas gun shows....
Every time I see something cool I ask the guy if I can d**k with it. Last show, I picked up a PS90, an old 1928 Tommy gun repro, and a Rock River somethingorother, and that's just what comes off the top of my head. If you manage to give the guy the impression that it'll be a shared gun (have your dad check out a few things and give it a test-aim), I wouldn't imagine they'd have a problem with it.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:17 am
Freak_090
OberFeldwebel

Nobody asked about it. However, I did post in Requiem's thread about (2) hundred year old pistols. Basically, just make sure that the chamber in the cylinder engages the barrel before the hammer drops.

Ah ok. So it's not a problem in new revolvers?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:19 am
Fresnel
Freak_090
ArmasTermin

Every time I see something cool I ask the guy if I can d**k with it. Last show, I picked up a PS90, an old 1928 Tommy gun repro, and a Rock River somethingorother, and that's just what comes off the top of my head. If you manage to give the guy the impression that it'll be a shared gun (have your dad check out a few things and give it a test-aim), I wouldn't imagine they'd have a problem with it.

But don't try that 'shared firearm' stuff in Minnesota. That's kind of how that dealer denied the sale.
He 'got confused' when I alluded to the fact that I'd be shooting it as well. stare  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:46 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Freak_090
ArmasTermin

But don't try that 'shared firearm' stuff in Minnesota. That's kind of how that dealer denied the sale.
He 'got confused' when I alluded to the fact that I'd be shooting it as well. stare
Wow. People out here wouldn't mind if I dragged my dad, said "I want that one", and he bought it. They'd probably grin while ringing it up, too.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:41 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Freak_090
ArmasTermin

Wow. People out here wouldn't mind if I dragged my dad, said "I want that one", and he bought it. They'd probably grin while ringing it up, too.

Not when it's an evil side folding AK-47.
stare

Anyway, a guy did sell my mother a firearm when I couldn't really buy them. That was the purchase of my K98 Mauser  

OberFeldwebel

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:40 pm
Fresnel

That's just about the way it is here.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:54 pm
Meh, couldn't go to the gun show because of hurricane predictions. I guess I'll just wait and sell it to the guy my dad knows.

That is unless I leave and come back and my house isn't where I put it. then I'll have bigger things to worry about.

neutral  

ArmasTermin

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:28 pm
ArmasTermin
Meh, couldn't go to the gun show because of hurricane predictions. I guess I'll just wait and sell it to the guy my dad knows.

That is unless I leave and come back and my house isn't where I put it. then I'll have bigger things to worry about.

neutral

gonk

Did you leave anything cool in your house? sad  
Buying and Advice

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out