Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Questions and Answers
Yagami Light927's Ocasionall Message

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like it?
  Thank you so much for your inspiring messages.
  Yes.
  It could be better, but over all good. (explain why)
  No, (expalain why)
View Results

Yagami Light927

5,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:58 pm
This is a tread where I will attempt to write a message for everyone and share what God has done in my life. This is a topic where anyone can post basically anything. If you want to ask me a question, go ahead. As long as you don't say the word emo, I do not mind questions. Do not put your testimony here, there is another thread that I created for that. It's in the "How did you get saved?" sticky.

If you have any special questions you want answered, I will try to get you verses and other things to answer. By doing this topic, I am really stepping out of my box, so I will need time to study, and to get information. Don't think you have a stupid question, there are no stupid questions.

Go here for the Bible  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:08 pm
I will start out with Revelations 21:1-4. "Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. Than I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, 'Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.'"

I will start by saying what comes before this. Revelations talks about the end times. After the rapture, which I see as literal, comes the Tribulation and the Great Tribulation. After that, Christ will return for His thousand year reign. After that is over, the current heaven and earth will be destroyed, and there will be a new heaven and a new earth.

Once the new heaven and earth come to be, everything will be perfect. Won't that be awesome? Can you imagine a world without; rape, murder, suicide, incest, or any other sins? God will wipe away all tears from our eyes? Have you ever sat in your room crying because of everything wrong in your life, or this world? I have. I can't wait for the day where God gets rid of sin, and casts Satan into hell. God will wipe death, sickness, sorrow, and every evil thing from the earth. That will be the day I can not wait for.

If there are any questions, don't be afraid to ask. I will try to answer as quick as I can.  

Yagami Light927

5,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

Beth Turner
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:35 pm
Amen! It is an exciting thought! It's definately incentive to evangelize as much as we can before that time comes so all our friends and family can share in the blessing.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:24 pm
Tonight I will post my message that I got from Youth Group tonight. I go to Calvary Chapel Boynton Beach. The teacher twas Pastor Kelly. I will not be posting the verse, because it is alot, but it is easy to find.

I Corinthians 9:19-27

These verses talk about Paul's freedoms in Christ. Do not take this as the ability to do anything you want. A lot of people do that, and it is not a good thing. Every human needs certain things, including love. If these needs are not met, people can be lead into depression or low self esteem. This could be putting people down, or by never thinking you are good enough. Both of them are forms of pride. But God will provide for all your needs. God provides love, support, sense of value, and more. We can have 3 views on life. You can give it the view of being dominate, neutral, or submissive. If you are dominate, you always put others down. If you are submissive, you tend to be a doormat, and get walked over. Neither of those are good, we need to be neutral in Christ. If we are neutral, everyone is equal. Paul made himself neutral, even to the point of a servant. He puts others first, and has no attitude about it.

What you might not know is that your life may be the first/only Bible that others see. It could also be the most Truthful Bible in their life. Make sure you're sharing the Gospel. The Gospel is that we deserve Hell, but Christ paid the price for our sins, buy giving up His life. You could use the Court Case analogy. You could say, "You just committed a serious crime and judge will let you go if you pay the $100,000 fine but you can't so the judge sentences you to life in prison. Then all of a sudden a man, who you don't even know, walks in the court room and says, 'Judge I will pay her fine because that's how much I love her.' Then the judge has no choice now but to let you go because the fine has now been paid. That's what Jesus did on the Cross 2000 years ago so you could go to heaven and not hell."

We have the answer to any question we could ever imagine. It's in the Bible. We need to run the race of life, which is our Christian Walk. We must be serious. Do not swing at the air, its worthless. If you fake it, you're hurting us, who are true. It says in Revelations that God would rather you be on fire for the Lord, or totally for Satan, not in the middle. He will puke you out for being lukewarm.

Ephesians 6:12 talks about our battle being a battle against principality's and powers, not against flesh and blood. Do not be bitter, it will hurt your walk. Also, you need to beat your body into submission. This is discipline. Running your race wrong, as in not having disciplined your self. Running a wrong race is like running a race without toes. You lose all balance.

Any Questions?  

Yagami Light927

5,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

Yagami Light927

5,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:47 pm
This one is a little shorter because I did this one and the last one both Friday. I'm sorry, if anyone needs more information, I'll get more.

Luke 9:24-25
"For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will save it. For what point is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and is himself destroyed or lost?"

I have a shirt that says this verse, and has "LOSER" written big across the top of the verse. I love this shirt.
User Image
I wear this shirt when ever I can, just to see peoples reactions. I have heard anything from "Ha, Ha, you're a loser" to "You're not a looser," than he read the shirt "Oh, ya, you are a loser, if your losing for Christ." That last one was a pastor.

I have learned that it's no use to try to gain all that you can, all you do is lose it. If you are of this world, you will not gain life, but if you are not of this world, being of Christ, you will gain eternal life. God says in Romans that we have all fallen short because of sin, but also later says, I believe that we are saved by faith, not works. If we work for heaven, we will not gain it. We must give our lives over to Christ and do His work. Christ came as a servant, we should be like servants. One thing I always tell my friends is that if you ever need me, call me. I don't care if its 3 A.M. I want them to call me. I've had a few people call me for help, at like 2 A.M. and I woke up, and helped them. I'll never remember getting a phone call from a friend, at 3 A.M; and saying hello, and hearing my friend crying her eyes out. She just asked me if I would pray for her. I will always do anything for anyone who I love. If you are truly my friend, I love you. If you are a brother or sister in Christ, I love you. I am not saying this to lift myself up, but to show that I lower myself for Christ's sake. I try to live for God in all my days, but I am not perfect, no one is. Just keep trying your best, and never give up.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:36 pm
Yeah! I've seen that shirt- I think it's cool too! wink They have them at the Mardel's in my city. It's a good message, especially when you see people do a double take and stand there for a second reading your shirt.  

Beth Turner
Captain

Yagami Light927

5,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:27 pm
Beth Turner
Yeah! I've seen that shirt- I think it's cool too! wink They have them at the Mardel's in my city. It's a good message, especially when you see people do a double take and stand there for a second reading your shirt.

It's fun to see the reactions of others.

Sorry everyone for not posting for the past few days, there's certain things gong on right now, and its hard to study. I'm sorry. I'll try to get on it asap.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:17 pm
This is going to be a short one, I'm packing, and getting ready for going on a trip, I will not be on most of next week, I'm sorry I've been slacking everyone.

Romans 8:38-39, I believe, says For I am convinced that.... nothing... can separate us from the love of God, that is in Christ Jesus.

Christ is the one in control, we can not be separated from Him, and we will always be with Him. God loved us enough to send Christ to die on the cross, He will keep us in His grips. He made it so that all we have to do to get into heaven is to believe in His son, Jesus Christ, and nothing can separate us from Him.  

Yagami Light927

5,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

Yagami Light927

5,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:56 pm
I'm sorry everyone. Things are tough right now, I'm most likely losing my church. I am most likely moving to another one, and things at home arn't good, and school is stressful, everyone just please pray for me. im sorry i havent posted in here. if anyone has something they wanna post in here, please do.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:21 am
Yagami Light927
I'm sorry everyone. Things are tough right now, I'm most likely losing my church. I am most likely moving to another one, and things at home arn't good, and school is stressful, everyone just please pray for me. im sorry i havent posted in here. if anyone has something they wanna post in here, please do.

Of course bro, take care of what you need to take care of.  

Beth Turner
Captain

Yagami Light927

5,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:27 pm
Hey everyone, I'm sorry for not being here, things are still going on. Thanks for the prayer and support. I appreciate it, and I hope to be back soon.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:59 pm
I got this off of a website i was on earlier.

The message of the cross is still as offensive to modern man as it was to those in the first century. People would rather believe anything and do anything rather than accept salvation as a gift from God. A proper understanding of the meaning of the Cross is essential to the process of sanctification - the gradual development of the Christ-like character in a believer (Gal. 5:22-23). Christians are not commanded to live good lives because of the threat of punishment if they fail, but because of the extent of what Christs has already done of their behalf. As Thomas Erskine put it: "in the New Testament, religion is grace, and ethics is gratitude." The New Testament writers often linked believers understanding of the Cross and his sanctification, pointing to Jesus example and demanding a response in terms of personal ethics or right living, e.g. 1 Peter 1:17-19; 2:24; 4:1-3; 1 John 4:10-11. The message is clear: once we understand clearly how much Jesus had to suffer to pay the price for our sins, we will strive to obey Him out of gratitude.

We are not to use our freedom to indulge ourselves (Gal. 5:13), but to become holy (1 Thess. 4:3) and to achieve the purpose God has for us (Eph. 2:8-10). This will involve each of us paying a price in our efforts to fulfil this purpose. Jesus said that all who would follow him should take up their Cross daily and follow him (Matt. 10:34-39; 16:24-25; Luke 9:23). In saying this Jesus was not referring to some personal problem, arthritis or a congenital heart defect, to a conscious renunciation of everything that would oppose against Gods will in our lives. A.W. Tozer makes it clear that the taking up of the Cross is not done casually or half-heartedly, because the cross is a symbol of death. It stands for the abrupt, violent death of a human being. The man in Roman times who took up his cross and started down the road had already said good-by to his friends. He was not coming back. He was going out to have it ended. The cross made no compromise, modified nothing, spared nothing; it slew all of the man, completely and for good. It did not try to keep on good terms with its victim. It struck cruel and hard, and when it had finished its work, the man was no more.

Paul wrote to the Galatian Christians: "Those who belong to Christ have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires." (Gal. 5:24). May that be true of us today.  

Yagami Light927

5,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
Questions and Answers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items