Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:46 pm
1. Wake up to and turn off alarm at 6:00
2. Get ready to go out.
3. Get in the friggin car and drive to town.
4. Order an egg, bacon and cheese sandwich and consume.
5. Get back in the damn car and head to...
Camp Ripley?

... Yeah. Camp Ripley has a Jeep show or some such thing going on.
3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:15 pm
Well, the museum wasn't much to brag about.

Inside they had a bunch of cool donated stuff like Lugers, German and American Machineguns, mortars, cannons, and outside they had a few artillery pieces a Brit 25 pounder, couple M60s, a self propelled Howitzer, a UH-1 Iroquois crying but they had all the windows covered in that heat reflective s**t, a Mega Sherman or whatever it's called, a couple M37s and a fist full of Jeeps.

When I looked at the firearms inside I noticed a few things.
The bolt on the Mauser K98 was gutted. The M79 Blooper had it's frame and stock replaced with resin, an actual Dragunov SVD had it's mag removed and more than likely it's internals welded together.
A Maxim machinegun's receiver was either torch cut and crudely patched in nonworking order or was replaced with resin.

I dare not think about what they may have done to the 30 or more Lugers that they had. All different years, all different models.

The most epic of discoveries was the "Crazy Jim's Military Surplus Store" that we found on the way there.
At said place they have a Deuce and a half for sale. $4195
And an M37 for sale. $5195.
They both look like they're in excellent condition. Their frames are in ******** condition and so is the interior. Both have the troop carrier seats in the back.
Another offer, another Deuce & a half is for $4000. Apparently in the same condition BUT it has;
The winter package, canvas cover with windows, stove in the back, heater, the original screen for the winter driving and some other s**t. Oh I just remembered. The Deuce for 4k comes with the machinegun hatch on the roof. :O

I test sat in the Deuce & a half and the M37 but to my dismay, my legs are too long to work the clutch. I'm hoping to talk with my neighbor who's an Engineer to see if it's at all possible to hook up some sort of Winston Churchill setup.
If you're not familiar he got crippled from the waste down by some disease, but had levers installed so that he could still drive.
I hope to just get one installed for the clutch.

As to afford one of these monstrosities?
... I may have to sell my El Camino. sad
If I do get one of these I may as well sell my Jeep too. Which means I can get another $2,300 for guns. ^.^
But it all comes down to whether or not my neighbor can think up a rig.
It's a cointoss between the M37 or the Deuce & a half.

... your thoughts?

M37

2 1/2 ton

OMFG LUGERS!!!!@$!!11onje  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:40 pm
OberFeldwebel
Oh I just remembered. The Deuce for 4k comes with the machinegun hatch on the roof. :O
UPGRADE!!!1

Quote:
I test sat in the Deuce & a half and the M37 but to my dismay, my legs are too long to work the clutch. I'm hoping to talk with my neighbor who's an Engineer to see if it's at all possible to hook up some sort of Winston Churchill setup.
If you're not familiar he got crippled from the waste down by some disease, but had levers installed so that he could still drive.
That was Franklin Roosevelt, with polio (in the conservatory). Churchill was a tough old ********. Probably was one of his own pallbearers.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:55 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Oh I just remembered. The Deuce for 4k comes with the machinegun hatch on the roof. :O
UPGRADE!!!1

Quote:
That was Franklin Roosevelt, with polio (in the conservatory). Churchill was a tough old ********. Probably was one of his own pallbearers.

Really? I thought it was Churchill that got polio.
... oh well.

Yes. Upgrade. But I like keeping 'stock' so...
Upgrade to old tech

scream NO PASSING ON THE RIGHT! AHHH!!!
*insert whole nine yards*  

OberFeldwebel

Chatterbox/Humor

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out