Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
In need of some sort of spell...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mominchat

mominchat

Tipsy Vampire

10,300 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:50 pm
The situation has changed. It always does.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:04 am
I would never suggest you just go by yourself. You're not one of those teenagers everyone over the age of 18 really really hates, are you?

To start with, you should, by now, be able to write your own spells. My opinion is that if one can cast one one should be able to write one, and if one can't write one, one probably shouldn't be casting them. Get more experience and study magic and spellcraft until you know what you're doing.

Second, do you have any sort of ethical construct that you follow? Because to me, casting a spell to control someone in that way is highly unethical and one of the worst things you can do. YOU may think that her beliefs are petty and narrow-minded, but I'm sorry, you do not have the right to dictate what other people think and believe. The very idea is horrifying. Policing the mind?! This is where it starts, you know. Next you'll be thinking "oh, well, that person doesn't like such and such but I do, and my opinion is clearly superior because hey, it's mine, so I should just cast a spell and then their opinion will be the same as mine". Do you not see the problem with this?

I mean, if someone forbade you for believing what you believed, from following your religion or practising your craft, you'd be pissed off, right? How would you feel if they messed around with your mind so that you actually stopped believing what you believe?

This sort of thing is so very rarely justified and even if it is justified - and I'm still iffy on whether there's actually a situation where this could be justified - you would still have to be very careful about how you framed it.

I don't believe in karma. I believe in respect.

To be blunt, this idea is childish and pathetic. Your mum won't let you do what you want, so your response is to cast a spell on her to FORCE her to let you do what you want? What the hell kind of reaction is that?

I know you're frustrated, but suck it up. You can move out in a couple years and then it won't even be an issue. You might want to actually, you know, contribute to your household by doing those chores and watching your sister without having to be bribed. You know that word you used? Privileges. Not rights, privileges. You do something to help out, and you get extra kudos. That makes sense to me.
Your mother IS superior. Because she's your mother and you're her kid. She outranks you in the family unit. If you respect her, she will respect you. It goes both ways.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:03 pm
I think San-Chan has more or less said it all. There are really only certain situations where casting spells on others in a way that will interfere with their "free will" is acceptable, and what you have described above is definitely not one of them.

It is the way of parents to dictate to their children when, where and how...that is what we do. It's how we keep our children safe and healthy. You find it restrictive and absurd, but the fact is that your mother is perfectly within her rights to want to meet his parents first. She is also within her rights to want you help out around the house - and use your "privileges" as incentive. (it's worked out well for countless generations...why change the rules now blaugh ) I have also found over the years, that if you want to be treated with respect, you first have to show it. As long as you don't give your mother any respect, she's not going to have any for you.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:27 pm
She doesn't even want to meet them. She believes that his mother is trying to steal me away from her.

I don't want to control her. I just wish she wouldn't be so controlling. I respect rules. I respect her wanting to keep me safe and wanting to keep me from dangerous situations and the like.

I do do my chores. All the time. While it may not sound true, I've taken up the role of a second mother in my household. And not because I'm missing a parent. No. It's just the way things are around here.

Maybe I should just put it simply.
She's kept me from things all my life. From everything. Because of what she wants. Not because of what I want.
She has to meet parents in order for me to go to a friend's house? Her solution? She just won't let me over to my friend's house.
And I'm 18 in about 3 weeks. I've dealt with these restrictions all of my life. I'd appreciate it if she stopped acting as if she can keep me in her house for the rest of her life. And, she DOES act that way. I don't want conflict. I don't want to 'control her'. I NEVER said that. I just wish she'd see my side for once. Just consider it! I'm not saying that I want her to give me permission for anything and everything, I would just love it if she had my best interest at heart as well. Not just hers.  

mominchat

mominchat

Tipsy Vampire

10,300 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tipsy 100

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:10 am
You said you wanted to cast a spell in order to force her to let you do something. That is control.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:39 am
Sanguina-chan
You said you wanted to cast a spell in order to force her to let you do something. That is control.

I apologize for that. I didn't mean to word it that way. Really.
What I meant to say, didn't come out correctly.  

mominchat

mominchat

Tipsy Vampire

10,300 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tipsy 100

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:49 pm
If you are going to be 18 in a few weeks, I would just wait until then, and then move out as soon as possible. The problem is, as long as you are living in your parents house, you are subject to their whims. While it may be that she is being completely unfair, there isn't much you can do about it. Wish I had better advice, but there just isn't really anything...sorry!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:34 pm
too2sweet
If you are going to be 18 in a few weeks, I would just wait until then, and then move out as soon as possible. The problem is, as long as you are living in your parents house, you are subject to their whims. While it may be that she is being completely unfair, there isn't much you can do about it. Wish I had better advice, but there just isn't really anything...sorry!

*sigh*
Yeah...I do understand that. But, unfortunately, I'll be here for a few more years. My mom doesn't want me to leave home for college, and until I get a decent paying job, I can't get a place of my own.

I guess all there is for me to do is...wait. crying
Maybe, I can just hope for my sake that I have less restrictions put on myself...in all aspects, not just at home. Less obstacles.

It's funny...I'll go off on some tangent, wanting a certain something, only to realize in the end, that I come back right where I started from.  

mominchat

mominchat

Tipsy Vampire

10,300 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tipsy 100
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers