Back to Guilds

Reply Breaking Dawn
So I loved~

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Liked it too?
  What the frikk are you talking about? I do not remember that.
  Didn't notice, really.
  Sure did. ^.^
  I saw that, but it wasn't a huge thing for me.
  Hated that.
  Other.
View Results

Mrs Joe Trohman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:39 pm
The assumption but not the direct telling that Jacob imprinted on Renesmee.
Keeps you guessing, but totally gives you hints. xD

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:06 am
Umm... I thought that Stephanie made it quite clear in BD that Jacob imprinted on Bella's kid. The actual term never has to be used.  

T0m03

RisSohma

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:02 am
Nah, it was kind of a fact =P  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:59 am
I mean that she explained all of his feelings but she never actually said, in that chapter at least because I haven't gotten much past that, the words "I had imprinted on Renesmee" She didn't actually say those words at the end of that chapter and I liked that.

Mrs Joe Trohman

KiraLight
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:28 pm
This isn't an exact quote, I don't have my book with me right now..but I'm pretty sure it said

Bella:How dare you imprint on my baby? Have you lost your mind?
Jacob:It was involuntary!

I think that pretty much states that Jacob imprinted on Renesmee..with the word "imprint" in there  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:59 pm
Yeah. But I haven't gotten that far yet..

Mrs Joe Trohman

LexiLu Latte

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:51 pm
i like how she ends the jacob book part of it
left me a little confused but when bella totally tripps out it all dawned on me
*dawned...breaking dawn
lolz
srry obssessed  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:31 pm
LexiLu Latte
i like how she ends the jacob book part of it
left me a little confused but when bella totally tripps out it all dawned on me
*dawned...breaking dawn
lolz
srry obssessed

Confused, you see. Exactly.

Mrs Joe Trohman

hkkpfwg96

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:03 pm
I didn't like the book where it was from Jacobs point of view. Don't get me wrong, i love Jacob, but i think Stephanie should have just stuck with writing it from Bella's point of view.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:49 pm
hkkpfwg96
I didn't like the book where it was from Jacobs point of view. Don't get me wrong, i love Jacob, but i think Stephanie should have just stuck with writing it from Bella's point of view.

The thing for me was that I didn't like it at first and then I got into it. Just like my other friends. lol But I can kind of see what you're saying.

Mrs Joe Trohman

La Beaute

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:23 pm
She did imply his imprinting with the use of kennings though.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:02 pm
In one of the previous books (i think it was Eclipse) Jacob describes the imprinting process as 'gravity moves, the earth is no longer holding you in place, she is'. (this is not the same wording, if you want to go look that part up, I think it takes place when Jacob tells Bella about Quil and Claire)

At the end of book two the same thing as said. Here is a quote:

The gravity of the earth no longer tied me to the place where I stood.
It was the baby girl in the blond vampie's arms that held me here now.
Renesmee.
Breaking Dawn, pg. 360

See, same thing being said. It fufilled the same purpose as saying 'Jacob imprinted on Renesmee.'

.Bucket.of.Joy.

KiraLight
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:21 pm
I didn't really like Jacob's part of the story either. I don't think Stephenie is a good enough writer to pull it off. Half the time I thought I was still in Bella's head. Jacob's thinking and talking is too similar to Bella's and just what Jacob was doing at that time wasn't particularly exciting..  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:37 am
KiraLight
I didn't really like Jacob's part of the story either. I don't think Stephenie is a good enough writer to pull it off. Half the time I thought I was still in Bella's head. Jacob's thinking and talking is too similar to Bella's and just what Jacob was doing at that time wasn't particularly exciting..

Actually, I found a clear distinction between Bella's books and Jacob's. Perhaps because I really hate Jacob and wish he died and therefore was REALLY upset when there's a whole big chunk of Breaking Dawn dedicated to him and his selfishness. Really, though, I found him to be ALOT more immature than Bella and it comes out in the writing of his book. Thus, I really didn't enjoy his part of the book. I really don't care about how he feels or his fate.

Mrs Joe Trohman, maybe you should continue to read the book and maybe even finish it before posting threads about it. Then you won't have to read all the spoilers.

I really don't like who Jacob imprinted on. I understand that it's only fair to Jacob to find his happiness too and it's not as if Bella's daughter was going to stay young for a long time, but I still find it super creepy.  

T0m03

Mrs Joe Trohman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:00 pm
.Bucket.of.Joy.
In one of the previous books (i think it was Eclipse) Jacob describes the imprinting process as 'gravity moves, the earth is no longer holding you in place, she is'. (this is not the same wording, if you want to go look that part up, I think it takes place when Jacob tells Bella about Quil and Claire)

At the end of book two the same thing as said. Here is a quote:

The gravity of the earth no longer tied me to the place where I stood.
It was the baby girl in the blond vampie's arms that held me here now.
Renesmee.
Breaking Dawn, pg. 360

See, same thing being said. It fufilled the same purpose as saying 'Jacob imprinted on Renesmee.'

It fulfilled that purpose, yes, but that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying it was simply implied, and I liked that. I liked how at the end of Jacobs book, she never said the word "imprint."

Breaking Dawn

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games