Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Has anyone else ever thought this? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mistress_hydro

7,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:01 pm
Ryuondo
In my opinion it would take the Sailor Moon out of Sailor Moon.
yah, you need salior moon! what else would there be??  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:38 pm
I think sailor moon is cool the way it is but I think the episodes get a little repititious  

Starspace

cruzcorzo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:31 pm
I for one love the "Love Story" in the Sailor Moon series and that's good enough for me. It wouldn't be that interesting of a series without all the drama and stuff to make them grow into strong wonderful girls!!!! blaugh  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:07 pm
If they did that then sailor moon would have been a stereotypical shojo anime about, high school girls. It wouldn't be the same nor would it be as popular as it is today. And has been in the past.  

HEEROFLUFFY

Yukiangel48

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:16 am
It would be interesting, but it would at the same time not be Sailor Moon.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:49 am
sounds like a bunch of crap. they hgad fun being evil fighters. tghe show would hVE LOST STORY BY THE SECOND SEASON!  

Minnie001

5,475 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Consumer 100

Rasabon

7,300 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:51 pm
The reason "fighting the monster" seems to solve their "normal problems" too is because the magic is a metaphor. The characters are given superpowers, have secret identities, and fight evil. But at the end of the day, the real lesson of the abilities in Sailor Moon (as with most anime and, really, youth-oriented tales in general) is that real strength comes from within.

The characters are facing "demons" in their regular lives, and the fighting with the magical monsters is just a metaphor for that. (Obviously, I'm talking about from an analytical viewpoint - in the show, they're really transforming and really fighting, but the reason the creators made a show that focuses on this sort of thing is to be a metaphor.)

Almost all of Japanese anime is an analogy for adolescence and growing up, and Sailor Moon is one of the series that really set the tone for that in the '90s.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:54 am
yeah the deal with a lot of anime is to teach a lesson about being human. a lot of american TV though is mind numbing stupidity.

the common thing in anime is that you learn something in the long run regardless of how big a fan you become.

the common thing in a lot of american TV is just mindless stupid programming intended to be mind-numbing entertainment.

I took the look at the subliminal, and noticed the primary lessons. :p

basically the transformation is symbolism for growing inner strength to overcome a form of adversity. the evil monster unleashed representing the primary adversity, in the end of the day if you overcame that adversity, you've become another day stronger.

a lot different from a cartoon where it's random horse s**t. either random comedy which tends to fail, or it's blind slaughter censored to just hacking and slashing machines with no real casualties.

back in the 1980s you saw some method of an actual lesson in a cartoon, the 1990s wasnt as thought provoking, and now it's mind numbing.

I'm 25, I know m way around the world of entertainment. :p  

RAPTOR948

Tayi Monster

5,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:06 am
I think, and this is my opinion, that Sailor Moon shouldn't change... it would just be another lame show about some teens' lives... gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:02 am
I see where you're comig from. Sometimes I admit I would like a little more insight into the characters' daily lives, but to take out the magical girl lifestyle, as everyone has already noted, would be to make a quite different series.

Anime being what it is, however, I see it completly likely that the creator could make a branch-off show of the everyday normal lives of the senshi. She is perfectly capable of doing so. She just didn't because it is not as much part of the genre.  

Sailor Suki

Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces