Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Watchmen

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:09 am
I recently bought the graphic novel of this after seeing the trailer when going to see The Dark Knight. I have to say, the movie looks pretty epic, and I love the comic so far.

For anyone who doesn't know, the story takes place in an alternate reality in 1985, focusing around miasked vigilantes called "Minutemen", 'Crime Busters", and later "Watchmen."

Anyone else psyched to see this film?

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4blSrZvPhU

Note: I think Nite Owl looks like a batman rip off, but whatever.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:00 am
Well they kinda ******** up with nite owl and the chick's costume so far. I really want it to be good, but I just don't see the sheer genius of the graphic novel transferring to film correctly.  

nitnit
Captain

Pay Per Cuts

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:13 am
nitnit
Well they kinda ******** up with nite owl and the chick's costume so far. I really want it to be good, but I just don't see the sheer genius of the graphic novel transferring to film correctly.

I think they're trying to make it appeal more to the modern day crowd... I don't think the actress even looks like the girl -_-

I got the graphic novel cause of the movie too. It's great so far, I only got like 1 chapter left though.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:46 am
Pay Per Cuts
nitnit

I think they're trying to make it appeal more to the modern day crowd... I don't think the actress even looks like the girl -_-

I got the graphic novel cause of the movie too. It's great so far, I only got like 1 chapter left though.

Summoning giant alien which blows up half of new york saves humanity, dr manhatten kills rorscarch, and it ends with world peace =D  

nitnit
Captain

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:00 am
I'm worried about the film too, but the trailer did look awesome. The only costume so far that got a good modernization was Ozymandies, in my opinion. A lot of Alan Moore's comics have had a difficult time transferring to film, like League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, and From Hell.

And yes, Silk Spectre looked kind of ugly, and very dissimiliar from the girl from the comics.

Sucks that Rorshach died. he was cool.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:17 am
nitnit
Pay Per Cuts
nitnit

Summoning giant alien which blows up half of new york saves humanity, dr manhatten kills rorscarch, and it ends with world peace =D

This would have been cool if you didn't use the ******** retarded version of biggrin  

bani-mirl15

[Mortal Angel]

O.G. Elder

7,550 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:30 pm
I like how the one guy states that when the world needs his help, he will whisper to them "No." That is pretty screwed up, but quite funny. I also can't wait to see the movie, Dr. Manhattan seems pretty interesting, seeing that he is blue and all...  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:30 pm
Deathguiser
I'm worried about the film too, but the trailer did look awesome. The only costume so far that got a good modernization was Ozymandies, in my opinion. A lot of Alan Moore's comics have had a difficult time transferring to film, like League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, and From Hell.

And yes, Silk Spectre looked kind of ugly, and very dissimiliar from the girl from the comics.

Sucks that Rorshach died. he was cool.

Niteowl's whole costume has been changed to be a batman rip off to try to be more popular. Also V for Vendetta was poorly translated, it just happened to end up being great as an alternate story.  

nitnit
Captain

Pay Per Cuts

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:18 pm
Too bad I'm immune to spoilers and just happened to finish the book O:  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items