Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims 2
*Bangs on wall* SHUDDUP OVER THAAAAR!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[poll]
  [/poll]
View Results

Children for dinner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:40 am
So fellow Apartment Life owners. Lets discuss our annoying nieghboors. Those blasted sims who make noise in the middle of the night, and wake our sims up. Those darn sims who constantly play music!

I freaking hate my stupid neighboor that lives in the apartment next to my sim. She constantly plays salsa music, and since my sim's bedroom shares a wall with her the noise she makes (odd bangings on the wall) wakes my sim up. It p***** me off. I made my sim go over to her apartment and complain....it didn't work. If she continues to make me angry, my sim (who happens to be a witch) will set her apartment on fire. I know I can move the bed away or buy wall hanging to muffle the sound, but my sims is poor. I don't have a job for her. I just make her make furniture in the cauldron and I sell it.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:02 am
stressed It's always salsa music...  

Chef Tine

maggoty tacos
Crew

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:33 pm
crying
I don't have it yet.

But I plan on getting it soooon.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:02 pm
I am the Mindfreak...There's no reality, only this world of illusions....

I am THE noisy neighbor x3

I bought a bazillion stereos and Tvs, put at least one in each room, and then left them all on XD

I kept getting complaints from this one guy, and, I'm pretty sure when my sim died, he cheered, because they got in so many fights after he complained at us. XDD

But she's a zombie now 8D

MarianasLlama

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
  • Full closet 200

xXD o l l i______exe oO

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:19 am
if your sim is poor press ctrl+shift+c and then type in expand then click enter then click motherlode and highlight it and then press ctrl+c and then keep pressing ctrl+v+enter. :]  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:22 pm
D o l l i N a n n a
if your sim is poor press ctrl+shift+c and then type in expand then click enter then click motherlode and highlight it and then press ctrl+c and then keep pressing ctrl+v+enter. :]

Trust me I know all the cheats, but I don't want to use the codes for her. Poor sims are fun. xd  

Children for dinner

maggoty tacos
Crew

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:08 am
I wish you could change the default from being Salsa D:

Have you tried being friends with the neighbor?
Sometimes that helps the noise level.

I don't have that problem because in the apartment complex where my sims live the apartments are on top of one another.
c:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:54 pm
Children for dinner
D o l l i N a n n a

Trust me I know all the cheats, but I don't want to use the codes for her. Poor sims are fun. xd

Poor sims actually ARE fun. eek

Pretty much ALL of my sim families are extremely rich, except for maybe two, who are poor.....and they're usually the most fun, cause you actually have to WORK for the stuff you want.

And also, I've found that playing a family who has a small (but well-designed) house is actually quite fun.  

Noembelu

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:18 pm
my bf was playing and his neighbor came over to complain about the smell. Haha, I still tease him about that.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:55 pm
My sim, Vanessa was a widow with a toddler at the time.
Well, the neighbor, Juan, decided to be loud while Vanessa, and her child, Veronica were sleeping. Luckily this didn't wake either of them up. But, Vanessa's energy was full, so I decided to make her complain.

Currently, Vanessa and Juan are married, and live in a brand new house. Vanessa is one or two days away from being an elder, and Veronica is a teen with 5 younger siblings. None of which are Juan's. Sh. He doesn't know that.... He only brought 418 simoleans into the house. Jerk.

My suggestion: become friends with the loud neighbor. Then they're more considerate.  

demon_babe00

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 2:30 pm
Thankfully the beds in all of the apartments I have played so far have been in rooms that don't connect to the neighbouring apartments.
I have one apartment with no bed because a Servo warlock lives there so doesn't need one.

Making friends should help and I know that complaining about the noise reduces the relationship score.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:45 am
If you line furniture against the wall where all the noise comes from, it won't happen.

Vilified

6,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Esora2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:30 pm
The only problem I have with apartments is that when I save, it takes FOREVER to do so.

With one apartment complex of mine, I have two sets of sims I play with, a townie in the one on the end, and the Goodies right in the middle of the two sim couples I actually play, just to fill in that spot.

The Goodies have absolutely NO furniture, and yet they are the biggest culprits on making racket in their lot! Seriously? How much noise can two old people make in an empty garage?  
The Sims 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games