Dapper Capitalist

3,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:49 pm
RubyRays
shruti_frutie

not to be contsadictory but i am a indu and for hinuds a veil does not mean death. a woman had to wear a veil over her face because that was supposed to mean adornment ( decoration etc.)!!

in my sisters college relgion book thats what it says.

dragons375
To the Hindus the veil was where people released their souls never to return even as a ghost, anyway the veil is an omen of death every way you look at it...

tha's what it says ::points upwards::

A veil can mean two things, a small cloth put over a face in cerimonies, It is not only used by Hindus. It can also be used like a curtain or on a wall, kinda like a tapestry. I already discussed this with them too...but that was after they posted...

P.S. The anyway you look at it thing does not mean death on your wedding day xd ... I was refering to what other people on this forum were talking about...  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:14 am
FayeKasumiValentine1
In OotP, I'm referring to when Dumbledore taps that silver instrument and the snakes come out of it. Then he says "naturally, but in essence divided?" and the snakes split apart. That thing has been driving me nuts almost as much as the veil. What does it mean? I have no clue what it could do, unless it's some way the Order communicates with each other? Maybe a sort of wizard lie detector?

OMG!! when i read that part just recently (cuz im reading it again), i was wondering the same thing? like, i wanted to post a topic on this too!! haha..i wish J.K. Rowling would explain it better...but now that Dumbledore's dead...do you think there will be an explanation? smile  

camouflage_girl

darkzumi

3,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:49 pm
It'd be cool if Sirius came back! Harry should do the same type of ritual that the big V used to come back for Sirius.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:02 pm
bumpies heart ninja  

Wiwra

The Weeping Willow

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:22 pm
Most the things in Dumbledore's office are real things that sorcerer's used and magic people. and i know he has a metal globe that shows the constalations and stars and i have an electronic one. and some of those instruments i've seen before! they're so cool!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:01 pm
Ever since reading (and re-reading) the 6th book, I've always thought the silver instrument was a reference to Voldie's soul. "In essence divided," meaning the seven horcuxes. I'd elaborate more, but I can't really explain it; it's just a feeling. It makes sense though, especially since it would be a fortelling of the horcruxes, a big part of book 6.  

ChocoChan

sparky102

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:38 pm
i have no idea!!???!!?!?!? confused  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:20 am
I thought it was a communication device.  

Jill_Pole

evil_black_cat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:32 pm
It's funny reading all this stuff, 'cause i know what happens! 4laugh these people probably do too! rofl  
The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff