Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Sims 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Great place to share/show your creations and meet other TS2 fans! 

Tags: Sims2, Simulation, Maxis, Electronic Arts, Social Bunny 

Reply Main Forum
You will do what I want when I tell you to, damn it.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Celestial Fireflies

Witty Autobiographer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:46 am
So, what kind of sim player are you? Do you just let things run on their own with a few minor interjections to keep them on the right track, or do you constantly breathe down your sim's neck to do whatever you demand of them?

Personally, I control every detail if I don't catch myself. I have been known to keep a sim's queue filled up the entire day, making sure they lived life to perfection. When I had a new family, I decided to let them do their own thing and see if any quirks emerge. As time went on, I became more controlling, but now my sims have an interesting situation and I am unsure of how to proceed.

My young adult sim, while in college, used her telescope in the day to cram in some logic points. Well, I didn't know that using it during the day actually makes your sim use it to spy on neighbors, and being the only family in the neighborhood, her dad would regularly come over and shove her. By the time I figured this out, she had a negative relationship with him (even when she wasn't furious), and I can't let them alone unless I don't mind her shoving him.

As you can see, this makes for one nasty cycle. She shoves/pokes him, he gets furious with her, he shoves/pokes back, she gets furious with him. My choice here is to either force them to make nice and make up, or let them be and eventually move the father out of the house (I really don't want to have sims fighting all the time).  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:27 pm
I'm sure there is a hack for that somewhere so that sims won't spy on the neighbors. xd

I actually enjoy a little of both. I used to be really controlling, but now I like to take story suggestions from my sims.

Some sims I've just let do what they want and only nudge them. A few I've let do what they want with no direction.  

Banana-nana

mistress_hydro

7,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:04 pm
i make the sims do all they things they need to do to fill their motives and earn skills to help with their jobs.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:48 am
I am an utter control freak about my sims; every detail of their lives from when they can poop to who does the dishes is catered out under my supervision. sweatdrop  

Anavis

Magic Moppy 14

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:18 pm
I must admit I very rarely let Sims do whatever they please, but I do go about telling them what to do slowly and therefore don't set up huge ques of actions.

I tend to flick through larger families checking on what everyone is doing, so they are not setting the stove on fire or some such. You see occasionally they'll get away from me before I come back around to them and they'll be doing something I don't really want them to, like spying on the neighbours.

In the case of furious families my personal preference would be to allow the father and daughter to avoid each other as much as possible for a few Sim days and then when they have calmed down let them slowly make up back to a positive relationship. I would resume telling them what to do rather than just let them go as I would find this better than moving the father out and splitting up the family. Imagine they have had a heated argument over something (probably not spying with the telescope presumably) and realistically this would not lead to a seperation.

Good luck and Happy Simming  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:46 pm
I'm very controlling of my sims when somthing needs to get done otherwise I let them do what they want. Sometimes I'll walk out of the room for a moment with my sims on and when i come back half the family will be dead and the other half will be in complete chaos. Maybe i shouldnt let my sims alone that much. sweatdrop  

bighairy dog

Hae

Sparkly Dreamer

34,700 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:00 pm
I love to watch my big families and college groups running around doing whatever they want. I think the only time I'm really controlling is if outside weather isn't too friendly. >< They love going outside in lightning storms and using the telescope. gonk

That and when I try to make a movie. XDD  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:37 pm
i would but if i leave them alone for even 5 seconds the entire household will be in chaos sweatdrop .  

RebelGh0stZer0

Snarky Survivor

20,390 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Citizen 0

Bara no Uta

6,150 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:36 pm
It depends on the situation. Most of the time if I leave them alone they end up like starving to death or something and at least one sim hating each other. Sometimes I make them do what I want just because it's more interesting.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:56 am
I barely control my Sims, if it's about gettin' friends or love each other, 'cause they are doin' that theirselve~ xD
It's too funny, it's like you are only spyin' on them... XD~~~

Enbarou

Dedicated Explorer

8,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Wall Street 200

the_monster_for_you

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:59 pm
i control mine to a sick extent, mine are always busy, i create dramas and stituations then test different ways of how to proceed with it.

i am an evil dictator mwahaha  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff