So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Wi-Fi Connection
*Sigh*

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Has anyone ever had this amount of trouble getting their DS to connect?
  Yes
  No
  Why are you telling me?
  Poll Whore option
View Results

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:26 am
How many of you have heard my MacAffee Rant?
About two years ago, my family installed MacAffee on the main computer. It then proceeded to take over the wireless system with very Neo-Nazi-like views on who to let in. MacAffee wouldn't let anything into the wireless system other than my mother's laptop. Every time I tried to access it with my DS or the Wii or even the other laptop, it wouldn't work. We eventually ripped MacAffe out of the Wi-Fi system and out of every computer. Of course, I'm beginning to think that MacAffe did more to my DS than just deny it access. I still can't access the house's Wi-Fi network with my DS, though the Wii and the laptops do it fine. Hell, I can't access any networks with my DS. When I tried it at the Logan Airport, it didn't work. The only networks I can access are my neighbor's and one of my friend's, probably because I had those registered since before the MacAffee incident. MacAffee Rant over.
So, after being fed up with this for two years, I decide to do something. I buy one of Nintendo's official Wi-Fi USB connectors. I plug it in, set it up, install a few things, and voila, I can play online again. Yay. So about a week later, I try to access the USB Connector again, but it's not letting me through. I head to the DS's Wi-Fi options thingy and go for the USB Connector option. I do what it tells me, and come back with a message that it can access the USB itself, but not the internet. Something is preventing it from doing that. Thirty billion tries later, I'm still getting the same message. Having lost my Manual years ago, I turn to Nintendo's online Error Code Explanation Whatchamacallit. Apparently Error Code 52103 just means the USB Connector itself can't access the internet. So now when I get home I have to bitchslap Norton until it obeys me and lets the USB through. <******** you, MacAffee. ******** you.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:13 am
yeah anytime your computer is hooked to a network, all settings have to be changed on the router, sometimes, (if your router has the setting to do it) you have to make the computer you plan to use for the USB a DMZ (demiliterize zone basically. and if it still doesn't work, then its the internet provider, though most these days keep all wireless devices in mind for thier service.

but yeah i don't know much else about the problem. maybe post some screen and we can look into it (i work with norton for making my s**t work too, and i stay away from macafee or whatever its spelled. that more for if your computer hold buisness info you don't want stolen, i could wipe mine and start over as its games and nothing but.)  

Xilo The Odd

Wi-Fi Connection

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff