Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
Dear Gods above, how do these people find me?!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How do they find me?!
  They are stalkers.
  They are stalkers and want to convert you to the stupid side.
  You poor thing, why don't you read this nice relaxing dictionary and recover?
  Well, if you permanently stayed out of the chatterbox maybe you wouldn't have that problem.
View Results

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:30 am
I have just received a pm titled "Hi New Gaian I would like to be ur best frined ^^"

I wonder what she will say...

puppylovegirl_1
Hi new Gaian ^^

I sow your topic and we would like you to join us in guildy guild in gaiaonline ,for free ! .

We made A Special Card for you To join with winning items and Golds.

User Image
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image

We are giving 3 millions for new joiners.
First lucky will get 1million
And second will get 500000 golds
Third will get 250000 golds
Also there are many items to give for random Gaians
worth 1250000 golds.

All you have to do is Pick your Lucky Number.
Then Click the Card then post it in Request .
finally click Submit.

Note:You just can post Lucky Number one time.Everyone will have different Lucky Number

-sobs- I think I need a hug.

And, on a side note: my profile mentions I joined in 2005. How does that make me a new Gaian?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:53 pm
... eek times one thousand or so (enough to emphasize my thought on this, if you know what I mean.)

We need to get you more non-text-talk luck. The luck you stole from me isn't enough, as it seems. sweatdrop

I've been asked by guild leaders of some guilds to join them, and strangely, they've all been literate... except for one, which I politely declined. (I'm not a rantic anime fan like most think, even if I am an Asian =_=" )

*Hugs you to the point of almost no breath, since you're the first person that I, The Evil Lord Sunday; have hugged*

What pains me very much is how she has one of nigahiga's (a comedian known on youtube) videos on her profile, and labels it "sublinal message", when CLEARLY in the video (and the video title on youtube) the correct spelling is there. This only saddens me more to realize that the world doesn't care for its spelling anymore... even if it's right in front of them.  

Swell Sundae

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:56 pm
The Evil Lord Sunday
... eek times one thousand or so (enough to emphasize my thought on this, if you know what I mean.)

We need to get you more non-text-talk luck. The luck you stole from me isn't enough, as it seems. sweatdrop

I've been asked by guild leaders of some guilds to join them, and strangely, they've all been literate... except for one, which I politely declined. (I'm not a rantic anime fan like most think, even if I am an Asian =_=" )

*Hugs you to the point of almost no breath, since you're the first person that I, The Evil Lord Sunday; have hugged*

What pains me very much is how she has one of nigahiga's (a comedian known on youtube) videos on her profile, and labels it "sublinal message", when CLEARLY in the video (and the video title on youtube) the correct spelling is there. This only saddens me more to realize that the world doesn't care for its spelling anymore... even if it's right in front of them.

-hugs you back-

I didn't even bother replying as I was thinking some unladylike questions which I could use "txt tlk" to censor my question but in good spirit will censor it using proper English. My thoughts were along the lines of "What the flipping, flying monkeys?! Why is it always me, dear Grammar Gods?" Usually I have pretty good luck, except for avoiding those who insist on using "txt tlk" apparently. -sighs- Thanks for your support: it is nice to complain about my encounters to people who understand.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:30 pm
mc2
-hugs you back-

I didn't even bother replying as I was thinking some unladylike questions which I could use "txt tlk" to censor my question but in good spirit will censor it using proper English. My thoughts were along the lines of "What the flipping, flying monkeys?! Why is it always me, dear Grammar Gods?" Usually I have pretty good luck, except for avoiding those who insist on using "txt tlk" apparently. -sighs- Thanks for your support: it is nice to complain about my encounters to people who understand.

It is quite annoying facing those that insist that text talk is easier. Hence, not many even bother speak to me without being yelled at for something. sweatdrop

(I too use it, but really I use it whenever I'm playing an massive-multiplayer-online-role-playing-game, during times of guild war. ninja The old guild I used to be in had a system of talking, fast. To us, the word "pear" was for a healer to heal someone, "pine" to attack an enemy guild, "pick" for everyone to target a certain player, etcetera. Notably, we only used 4-lettered words starting with the letter "p". After some time however, every other guild on our server started copying our idea. At least I could tell what orders were from my guild, since it was not in poor grammar. We disbanded later on because the guild leader was going to college and everyone else was busy leveling themselves up. The guild was called the Peppy Peppers. Funny, isn't it?)

The Grammar Gods, in my opinion, have been slacking abit as of late. I just recently got a comment from some random person, who said that they "luv my profile!" We definitely need to double our efforts to please them... or all the sacrifices we've made will go to waste! gonk  

Swell Sundae

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:09 pm
Oh and there are more of them trying to recruit me to their stupid guild. I got another pm just a bit earlier from a different person that said pretty much the same thing. I deal with the evil "txt tlk" everyday, but I'm too nice to go all evil-Grammar-Goddess on them, nine out of ten times. Then again, once a blue moon or so I get caught at a bad moment and I do invoke my inner Grammar Goddess. I really need to get in touch with that side more.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:01 pm
mc2
Oh and there are more of them trying to recruit me to their stupid guild. I got another pm just a bit earlier from a different person that said pretty much the same thing. I deal with the evil "txt tlk" everyday, but I'm too nice to go all evil-Grammar-Goddess on them, nine out of ten times. Then again, once a blue moon or so I get caught at a bad moment and I do invoke my inner Grammar Goddess. I really need to get in touch with that side more.
O_o

Wow. They really don't give up, do they? *is concocting another high-in-Vitamin-C fruit-induced smoothie consisting of strawberry and bananas*

I'm always in the Lifestyle Discussion forum, of which a majority is amazingly literate. Well, the regulars and even the good trolls are; which surprises me. Somehow, it's "becoming" the next General Discussion/Chatterbox of gaia, so to speak. I used to nitpick so much at those not using proper grammar, but just realized recently that there was no need to do so, seeing that the non-regulars will not learn ;_;  

Swell Sundae

Nicholas Kaze

Friendly Prophet

16,625 Points
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:41 pm
Idiots seem to be attracted to the intelligent life forms nearest them. You must resist, and your guild will help you. Support Grammar Gods!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:30 pm
Nicholas Kaze
Idiots seem to be attracted to the intelligent life forms nearest them. You must resist, and your guild will help you. Support Grammar Gods!

That, right there, is the very reason why I was recommended to this guild. And even to this day, I am thankful for such noble efforts put towards preserving the better part of Gaia. biggrin  

Natsuri

Katurrah

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:29 pm
I have nothing to say, except that you can have some of my luck. I, somehow, have been spared the random txt-tlking comments and PMs. The only person who ever txt-tlks me is a friend of mine, and she has an older cell phone plan that makes her pay per character of the text message.
(A side note: I've realized that typing in text talk slows me down immensely. How can they type like this?)  
"TXT TLK" horror stories

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games