Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:53 pm
User Image
"What iisss up with yoou? " Hisa complained, hovering over her bonded as he took a very-half hearted "patrol", though she suspected it was more of a walk. He'd been walkin a lot. He'd also been hunting. And he'd been even more quiet than usual. He also wasn't letting himself heal, which constantly got Hisa bothering him. At least he'd agreed to not hunt this week. After all, they'd found Ashiki and Fahari and more had come back, so he didn't really need to now. At least, she mused, he was a bit better. The red kite supposed it was a bit to take in.

Mapatano ignored Hisa, and instead focused more so on the floor ahead of him, stepping along carefully, eyes glazed slightly. It'd been a couple weeks since it'd all happened, so he wasn't sulking as much, and he'd been keeping himself too busy to really sit down and think, but now he'd agreed to settle a bit to shut up his bonded. he was kind of hoping for a distraction right now.

"Hisa, y'know, talking like that makes me inclined to run off just to get on your nerves. " He looked up at his bonded and smirked, and pretended he was getting ready for a dash, to witch Hisa swooped down and pecked at his ear.

"I was kidding. " He huffed, lowering his head as if to avoid another attack. "You deserved it. "

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:09 pm
User Image

"Are you going to-"

"No."

"But-"

"NO!" the word was growled with such force that the vulture winced back slightly, as if physically hit (which was entirely impossible, seeing as how she was perched on the lioness' back as the later padded along). It was obvious Fahari was in no mood for small talk. Or any talk whatsoever, really. She felt as if she'd been late for the metaphorical party. Or funeral; it depended how one wanted to see it. Needless to say, the notion wasn't helping much with lightening the female's mood.

"Fahari..." the bird managed to put forth that tone she used whenever she wanted to get through to her hot-headed bonded, and despite how natural coarse the vulture's voice sounded, she knew the lioness found it soothing, in some weird way, "You can't stay like this forever. Cheer up. Better times will come. Besides... it's not our fault we got lost, and there's no real proof that had we been here things would have been different," there was a small pause as the bird fluffed herself up, then blinked, "You look like you could turn milk sour."

The last phrase elicited a grimace from the lioness as she padded on, noticing Mapa's form in the distance. For a moment, Gahari considered turning around and leaving; she really was in no mood to talk to anyone... but then again, the male lion might just be what she needed. He'd always been ready to snark back at her biting comments; at least, she was pretty sure Mapatano was one lion that would be hard to offend with her words. They could mope around together. They did say misery loved company, "Oi!" she called out, "Oi, sulky-face, where're you headed towards?"

Ukoo turned to stare at the back of her bonded one's head, "Sulky face...?" that was one lame insult. It was obvious to the bird Fahari was not at the top of her game.  

Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:16 pm
Mapatano hadn't noticed Fahari until he'd ehard her yell at Ukoo, and once he'd looked over to identify the two, he'd considered speeding up. Or perhaps she wouldn't notice him. Mapatano wasn't exactly in his game either, not to mention, Fahari right now didn't bring back good memories--after all, he'd been the dreaded one to give her the news of Kuruka's murder.

But then she saw him, and yelled at him. And for a moment, he really did consider hurrying off and pretending he hadn't heard.. but then again, he did remember those few previous little spats, before the earthquake. Ignoring Fahari never worked. Ever. "To the mystical land of not-your-business! " He declared, almost putting on a matter-of-fact tone, and turning his head to look at Fahari again. Hisa was half relieved to see this retort, and half dreaded the results. Oh Mapa... That wasn't even the best one he'd come up with, either! Though.. she supposed she'd seen Fahari come up with better than sulky face, either.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:29 pm
"Well look whose woken up on the wrong side of the ******** den today," the words were snorted out even as she approached, obvious that his attempt at a jab had not only not offended her, but had, in a way, made way for her to attempt one back at him, "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were PMSing, honey, 'cause you're acting more of a b***h than me," a pause as she waved a paw at him, her eyes narrowing, "And that's saying something," not only had she always been well aware her behavior wasn't particularly 'lady-like', but in a way, she was almost proud.

Ukoo let out a small sigh as she remain perched on the lioness' back. Her eyes narrowed a notch and her head lowered down till it almost vanished amongst her fluffed out chest feathers. Tell the truth, she wasn't sure if sparring verbally was quite the best idea at the current moment, but she knew better than no one that trying to get between Fahari and a verbal spat was almost like trying to stop a storm from crackling through the sky when the gods deemed it time for the rainy season, "Good morning," she called out politely, though she half expected her mild words to be drowned by the bickering. It was due to that that she allowed herself to continue talking, really, "One would think that quarreling is some sort of a hobby for you, if not a turn-"

"WHAT did you say?!" the lioness had snapped her neck to glare at the bird on her back. The bird merely smiled back innocently, fluffing her feathers out in a clear 'Nothing!' sort of way.  

Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:42 pm
Mapatano snorted, ooh.. the glorious language of Fahari. "Like you're one to speak, love. " He turned his head to look at her, and smiled slightly. A distraction he'd wanted and a distraction he'd gotten. Lets just be careful and not mention any cubs. "So, what bit you today, my dear Fahari, hmm? "

Hisa sighed, swooping over Ukoo. "Hi, " she'd perch on Fahari but.. Welllll, she somehow found that a poor move. And Mapatano's back was still so damn sensitive for her to land on anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:57 pm
Another sneer from the lioness, whom lifted her head, as if attempting to look Mapatano down and... failing rather miserably; she was, after all, smaller than him and while looking down on a wayward cub was easy, down on the black pelted male was entirely impossible, "I AM one to speak," she countered, "In fact m'always one to speak the truth!" and ooooh that felt much better; barking at random rocks had hardly helped her stress levels. It was so much better when they snapped back at her, and thank god, Mapatano was as snappish as they came.

His later question caused the female to halt slightly, as if taken back by it, and for a moment, her lids lowered slightly; she could not very well complain that the cubs had awaken her early... and she couldn't even say they'd been giving her trouble. In fact, all the cubs were well behaved right now; that made things for her... harder, because she knew the reason everyone was acting... strange, was the series of 'events' that she had missed. For a moment, it almost looked as if the nanny were about to falter, break down, but now, she recovered rather swiftly, and the familiar sneer was back upon her maw, "I'll tell YOU what bit me!" she snapped, though there was no real bite to her words; while she was, indeed, bantering with him, it was obvious she wasn't mad at, or with him, "Everyone's damned awkward, everyone's too damn careful, and I feel bloody well .... awkward! Can't even be my damned self without fearing sticking my foot in my mouth, and it's stressing me!" turning back to face the male lion, she arched a brow, "Your turn, pussyfoot; what's bothering YOU?"

Ukoo let out another sigh, then stretched her wings, flapping them slightly, as if to rid herself of the itching within them, turning her gaze up to the kite. Smiling she moved to the side just a tad, so as to leave the pale lioness' rump free for the avian to land upon, placing herself on Fahari's shoulders, "Pleasant couple of lions, aren't they?" a pause as she closed her eyes, "And she wonders why she doesn't have many friends."  

Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:23 pm
"Well, Fahari, we have a better truth-seer than you now. I am happy to announce you can retire with that job. " He was, of course, referring to Peke, who had been revealed as a seer, and a quite.. special one a that. He saw through lies.. tohugh, now that he thought of it, he wasn't sure if he'd told Fahari that... he may have, but when they'd met he'd probably forgotten about that in light of the news on Kuruka.

His smirk faltered slightly as she spoke again. He could.. sort of relate to that. However, he himself was probably one of those that was awkward. She perhaps wasn't seeing that, however. It was hard for him to be too gloomy when concentrating on clever retorts. However, it was hard for him to say exactly what was biting him. In fact, he wouldn't say it. He wouldn't tell Hisa what bothered him, so Fahari sure as hell wasn't getting further.

"Ah, well, no updates on that. Y'know, same ol'daddy didn't wuv me enough. " He rolled his eyes.

Hisa smiled gratefully at Ukoo for sharing her lioness and perched on Fahari, though a bit carefully. "I wonder if its a tail thing. " They did have similar tails!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:29 am
The lioness looked off towards the distance, no doubt towards where the other pridal lions could still be found resting, "Hmmm... so I've heard," she murmured, her eyes narrowing slightly, "Regardless, seeing the truth does not have to mean always talking the truth, hon. So I still keep my title of resident bluntly honest b***h," this said, she turned her head back towards him, smirking somewhat.

In all honesty, the nanny was slightly worried over the seers she'd only just learnt about. She didn't want those children hurt emotionally any further, nor did she want them to feel special in any way that would otherwise... isolate them from the rest. Her brows furrowed as she pondered that over, but as the male spoke again, her thoughts dissolved away into the back of her mind, her clear eyes seeking his, "Bullshit," she told him bluntly as she narrowed her eyes again, "That is utter bullshit, Mapa. I don't know what the hell is eating you, but's obvious something or other is. I'm not blind," she snorted at her last word, then continued, "You don't need to tell me what it is that's bothering you, but don't insult my intelligence by telling me nothing's wrong," pausing, the lioness a waved her paw, as if to dismiss the conversation, "Well, regardless... if you ever need an ear to listen, you can tell me, whenever you're ready to."

The vulture found herself grinning (or at least, the equivalent of what a bird could do, given her beak and all), "You know,"she told Hisa, "I've wondered about that. Maybe it IS a tail thing. We should be awarded for our discovery - grumpyness comes with tail hair."  

Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:48 am
He smirked. Not that he knew the cubs half as well as Fahari, but to him, Peke had always seemed to be a bit on the grumpy side as well. And witty. Perhaps she was going to be substituted... probably not.

He frowned, ugh. He ad to get better at hiding his feelings, geez. Not that he was doing a poor job, but it had obviously failed with Fahari. "Of course something eating me. " He sneered slightly. "Considering all thats happened lately, I'd be surprised if nothing was eating me. " H snorted, looking away for a moment. Though his daddy-issues hadn't been too far off the mark. His father was.. makring, to say the least. It was hardly like he was haunted by the dark male; moreso, he was afraid the dark male still haunted the pride. Not that anyone knew of these fears, Mapatano kept them locked up.

But despite that, there were even more pressing issues. Those strange object her, Umoja, Mfalme and hisa had found in those caves, how he should have been here with the pride from the start, how he should have gotten home in time to save Ukweli and Kuruka, and how he'd killed Machafuko. The lion had certainly deserved it, but wanting one dead and actually doing it were two different things; Mapatano was far from a bloodlusting lion. And the act itself had quite certainly gotten some unwanted attention on him, and he feared he'd lure Msiba and Mchawi back into the pride, seeking revenge.

He furrowed his brows, before looking back at Fahari, though right now he didn't put on any tone. "How is Dumu? " he asked, tohugh he worried slightly that it might be a touchy subject.. it couldn't have been good that Dumu had seen Kuruka get killed.

Hisa smiled. "We should indeed, it could give parents everywhere the information they need on how to raise their fluffy tailed cub. "

[IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games