Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Goth families. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

trampyre

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:54 am
I've seen a few. And there are a couple stores in my area that sell clothes for goth babies. (LOL!) I know friends of friends who have goth families, and I know lots of (older) goth couples that I would count as 'families' by now (they have goth doggies and kitties and so forth). I think it's becoming more and more common.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:38 am
I wouldn't say my parents were goth but they were certainly into darker things. When I was tiny all my parents played were Black Sabbath, Pantera, Type O Negative, and etc...
And they'd take me with them to quirkie New Age type shops where I'd see lots of interesting people that I wondered if they casted spells on little girls.
Then when I was about 11, Dad got into this thing where he'd sit me down a show me a horror/zombie/slasher film every other night.

Soooo... the way I ended up wasn't that big a shock to anyone who knew my family. mrgreen  

TheWitchGotRobin

ManAxXxSamA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:21 pm
It's sad but where I come from there are absolutely no goth families what so ever.

In my family I am the only goth but I have three sisters who are (in order of age) emo, tomboy, and preppy. My dad is normal but not preppy. Yes my family is a strange one.

I would love a goth family though. My children would all be dressed in a goth lolita fashion and the boys would be in top hats and dress coats and such. ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:55 pm
my friend wanted to legally adopt us but alas we were too old for it and he just claimed that we we're his children even tho i was one one year younger that he but anyways we called ourselves the happy goth family for a while  

xX x0mbie Xx

osozaki girl

Fashionable Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:23 am
Actuallly, My Friend's family is generally goth.
Well, I believe her mother was back in the day. And her daughter (my friend) is goth. But they're really nice and understanding. I always feel at home around them.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:34 pm
Why the hell do people feel the need to call people "preppy"? With how many ways it's used, a lot of goths can still come under the category of it.

Anyways, my family is more artsy than goth. Jonathan(my mom's boyfriend) is a freelance write, he writes philosophical sci-fi novels. And my mom used to paint and draw for a long time. I think most of her stuff was more abstract, and at times she stemmed into expressionism.

Ahem, anyways I'm a little off track, still I've seen maybe a few goth families before.  

Silent Manipulation

AdrianaKitten

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:44 am
In my family before my own family no, but I have a few older metalheads/alternative cousins at best. rolleyes
Drake is amazing but I can't call him goth...yet. twisted
His father (somewhat goth-metalhead) and I tried that out in the beginning but we got lazy and stopped. xd Now we're pretty normal just darker I guess. Though I did NOT miss out on taking advantage of his age so we still have his crib which looks kind of like black striped cage (not a real cage! xd ) and tons of deformed stuff creatures and that creepy stroller among other things. 3nodding
He really likes art so who knows. whee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:33 pm
Well in my family my mother is Goth, she definetly was dressing like that in the '80s though now she simply dress black and still listening to good music wink
Is kinda wierd cuz my father always complained about me and my mother dressing in black all the time, is quite funny actually.  

YellowRavenInk

Opinionated Bibliophile

12,775 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500

AEtherclaw

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:48 pm
i think my mom's a raver but i've kind of gotten her into cinema strange and sisters of mercy.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:11 pm
Silent Manipulation
Why the hell do people feel the need to call people "preppy"? With how many ways it's used, a lot of goths can still come under the category of it.

It's just one of those broad terms that's insulting enough to be used by elitists, but vague enough so that most people can say, "Hey, they aren't talking about me."

I think that's why term "yuppie" has fallen out of popular vernacular- it's too specific.  

GilAskan
Crew

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas