Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply ®
Is anyone interested in a Gaian Item Library?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Good idea?
  YES!
  No. (Why not?)
View Results

Persephone of the
Seasons

Familiar Rabbit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:53 am
User Image

****************************************************can't keep my eyes from the circling skies, tongue-tied twisted just an earth bound piston, I****************************************************

Persephone says:

So I've been thinking about Freecycle, Goodwill, and the like lately, and I had an idea.

What if we had something like that for Gaian items? Or a Gaian item library, where you are allowed to borrow items for a certain amount of time?

Now, in order to prevent abuse of a guild of that sort, there would be some rules (which I haven't thought about too much, given that I just had this idea, but hey).

1. No items donated to the guild may be sold, donated, or traded in any sort of way except back to the guild, so that others may use that item for free as well.

2. Some sort of time limit, and renewal limit (just like at a library), may be imposed if there is a waiting list for a certain item, or if one develops.

3. A number of guild forums will be dedicated to item "levels" (based on Tektek value) and a seasonal section, levels going from lowest to highest. Those who donate at a certain level get immediate access to that level and any level below it. Members in good standing will, over time, get access to these higher levels as well. (Think of it like collateral. You can either earn trust by being a good member of the guild and returning things on time and such and following the rules, or you can put up one of your own items for immediate access.)

4. Any member found to break any of these rules will be banned. Any items donated will be considered payment for those items that were taken wrongly and unfairly and will not be returned.

5. You may ask for an item you donated back at any time, and we will give it to you. However, if this item was used to gain access to a certain area before you had been in the guild long enough to be in that area anyway, you must first return any items borrowed from this area. You will only be allowed in item areas from then on that your membership time and standing match, just like non-donating members. Items will be given back as soon as possible.

6. If the guild requests an item back, you must do so IMMEDIATELY. The guild will only request the item back in the case that the item's donor requests it be given back.

7. Fees may be charged for not returning things on time without a very very very good reason (family emergency, etc). We'll see.

So guys, I'm going to post this around in a few guilds I'm a part of and see what people think. If people are interested, I'm going to temporarily put a hold on my Kiki quest and get this thing started. Let me know what you think, if you would be interested in being a part of this (as a co-leader, librarian, or other staff member), or if there's anything I should add to these rules.

If you are interested in becoming a staff member, I suggest making a mule for it as I think it would be best if we all either had a uniform of some sort or a matching color style. I think it will help in the forums if people are just scanning through for people who can answer their questions. There will also be a record-keeping mule, which staff-members will all have the password to. I know as this guild gets bigger (if I end up setting it up) I will certainly need the help, so don't be afraid to ask to be a part of it!

Okay everyone, lemme know what you think!

*********************************************************************addicted to the Floyd... and loving every minute of it*********************************************************************

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:39 pm
i think thsat would be the best idea ever then everyone whpo would donate could borrow items for avi contwests or srenas then return them when its over that would be great for people like me who dont have much money  

erickadue

Azirru(broke)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:34 pm
It's a good a idea for a poor gaian users like me. However, it is prone to scams.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:08 pm
The idea is good but most good ideas end up causing disasters. Barely anyone would return those items. If it's selling for a high price then you're basically making a Gaia black market.  

II Green II

Mi Querido Angelito

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:48 pm
That would be sooo kool ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:11 pm
gaia could make the items so u could only equip them and if u don't return it within a certain date u get banned for like a week, then a month, then a year, then forever so u get 4 chances before u r doomed User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Earth Sensei

zu-leika

Witty Phantom

9,650 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:42 am
it's a nice thought, really, but i can't see it functioning well...a person could set up a mule, lurk around a bit, rent an item, and then leave...it seems like a bit of an unnecessary risk and i personally think it's more rewarding to quest for items and then have them for yourself and not having to worry about returning them...  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:00 am
or u could do something like renting any item for 100 gold a day and when ur time is up the item immeditely returns itself no fuss and no one can keep the item  

Earth Sensei

®

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff