Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply Classic - Old - Independent Movies
Fanatics of aliens and Alien vs. Predator Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

loIitoads

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:23 pm
auragleaf02
Lolicat von Doom
auragleaf02
The fourth was great but if you didn't notice Call the android is basicly ripley her youger self when she tried to get rid of the aliens to prevent the company to use them

I'm not sure about that, Ryder's character was a lot less resourceful than that of Ripley, plus Ripley acted originally out of fear, not any ideological reasoning. I do think that Call was an interesting character given Ripley's hatred and fear of androids, however.

I'm not sure where my loyalties lie in regards to favourites, but I adored 4 and Alien, and shall take the rather less orthodox stance of saying I prefered 3 to Aliens. I don't know, but the premise was a lot better in 3, and when you read about the production troubles they experienced, it becomes abundantly clear why the film lacks so much.

I have to agree with you there, Though that is what the creator said about call's personality. Also riplay started with fear then ended eith pure hatred against the aliens

Criminal as it might sound, I am intent on ignoring what anyone involved in the creation of Alien Resurrection says about the film. Whedon hated what they did to his script, but I think they took it and made it better, because he wanted to camp up the series into some psuedo-Buffy/Firefly self-referential, ironical nonsense, and was annoyed when they played it dead-pan.

Ripley's character was amazingly strange in this one though, I watched it again the other day with my flatmate and it struck me how bizarre it was.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:59 pm
X3
yeah ripley does seem wierd in ressurection, she is more liad back and carefree she does what needs to be done.  

auragleaf02

Artist89

Fashionable Dabbler

4,450 Points
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:44 am
I'v never really watched Alien movies but I saw the predetor ones. one of my friends was obsessed with anything to do with predetors so we watched them.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:07 pm
the creator of aliens help create the predators he wanted the predators to be inloved with the aliens  

auragleaf02

XGinger-NinjaX

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:07 pm
Thet are both brilliant movies and l love them, alien is probably the best
Ripley ftw! blaugh  
Classic - Old - Independent Movies

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items