9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:16 pm
http://combatarms.nexon.net/Intro.aspx  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:48 pm
If what I have said offended you...

I've contemplated whether to play or not.

... then it was probably intentional.

Rommel_Desert_Fox

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:33 pm
So how different is this from Counter Strike?

Anyway, I'm still waiting for an MMORPG that's an FPS.
With zombies involved or not involved.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:25 am
OberFeldwebel

I don't like relying on other people in games, because other people who play games are ******** twats. I had some honker cuss me out in Halo for shooting his ******** face off with the sniper rifle at point blank because HE WAS TRYING TO TEAMKILL ME. ********. I did it twice, too. Then he caught me in the open with him on the back of an empty warthog. All I had was the AR.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:57 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

I don't like relying on other people in games, because other people who play games are ******** twats. I had some honker cuss me out in Halo for shooting his ******** face off with the sniper rifle at point blank because HE WAS TRYING TO TEAMKILL ME. ********. I did it twice, too. Then he caught me in the open with him on the back of an empty warthog. All I had was the AR.

Yeah, people are ******** a bit of a loner anyways.
Also, I would probably stick to servers that have people that enforce the rules in the form of permabans.

Yeah, I've had a fair share of ******** in MMORPGs as well.

One time when I was playing Lineage II I was leveling up one of my lower characters when this piece of s**t runs out of nowhere and PKs me. "Player kill" which is pretty much PVPing without consent.
So I get pissed and log onto my alt, a much higher level than his. SO I put on my 'noob fishing' gear, a low level set of armor and weapons, and run out looking for him.
Sure enough the cockhead shows up hits me and only does 200 damage or so and I'm still standing.
At that point the guy starts running, same time I hit ctrl f5 or 5 which went to my hotkey bar which was hotkeyed for my high set of armor.
Now I'm ready to pwn.
Mind you I'm a Paladin, or at least I called it that. So I had to catch up with the tard and shield stun him to keep him from logging out and getting away.
I then proceeded to pwn the son of a b***h.
But that's not it.
When a player PKs someone they get a certain amount of points that have to go to zero before they're unflagged. Which can be done by either killing mobs of your level or being killed.

So naturally I waited until he respawned to kill him again. At which point he said, "Omfg don't do that! You're a much higher level than me!" Although with less than perfect English and very bad grammar.
Naturally I just went, "Uh, wtf. You were just killing my low level which is about 20-30 levels lower than you and now you're bitching?"

Anyway, I killed him three or more times then he goes, "omfg im get my alt!!1111!!oineeon121"
He came back and I kicked the s**t out of his alt too.

From that day on I always logged my high level alt in the same zone as where I was leveling so I can kick those noob's asses.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:54 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

Yeah, people are ******** a bit of a loner anyways.
Also, I would probably stick to servers that have people that enforce the rules in the form of permabans.

Yeah, I've had a fair share of ******** in MMORPGs as well.

One time when I was playing Lineage II I was leveling up one of my lower characters when this piece of s**t runs out of nowhere and PKs me. "Player kill" which is pretty much PVPing without consent.
So I get pissed and log onto my alt, a much higher level than his. SO I put on my 'noob fishing' gear, a low level set of armor and weapons, and run out looking for him.
Sure enough the cockhead shows up hits me and only does 200 damage or so and I'm still standing.
At that point the guy starts running, same time I hit ctrl f5 or 5 which went to my hotkey bar which was hotkeyed for my high set of armor.
Now I'm ready to pwn.
Mind you I'm a Paladin, or at least I called it that. So I had to catch up with the tard and shield stun him to keep him from logging out and getting away.
I then proceeded to pwn the son of a b***h.
But that's not it.
When a player PKs someone they get a certain amount of points that have to go to zero before they're unflagged. Which can be done by either killing mobs of your level or being killed.

So naturally I waited until he respawned to kill him again. At which point he said, "Omfg don't do that! You're a much higher level than me!" Although with less than perfect English and very bad grammar.
Naturally I just went, "Uh, wtf. You were just killing my low level which is about 20-30 levels lower than you and now you're bitching?"

Anyway, I killed him three or more times then he goes, "omfg im get my alt!!1111!!oineeon121"
He came back and I kicked the s**t out of his alt too.

From that day on I always logged my high level alt in the same zone as where I was leveling so I can kick those noob's asses.
I used to play a MUD all the time that was kick a**. Some guy flamed me enough on global channels (there's only 30 or 40 players on at a time, so everyone uses global channels) for an incredibly stupid reason that some mod took notice and IP b& his a** for being a dickwad. They're pretty strict with asshats.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Krilliad

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:39 am
Meh, this game is OK....  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:27 pm
Hell no.

It isn't REALLY free. You get points and RENT gear/mods with them, and I'm pretty sure those points aren't free.  

uryu ishida

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:06 pm
uryu ishida
Hell no.

It isn't REALLY free. You get points and RENT gear/mods with them, and I'm pretty sure those points aren't free.

So, the points to upgrade cost money?

Meh, go figure.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:01 pm
I play a few other Nexon games, so here is how the point system works (from my understanding).
You earn money from getting in game kills, which you cant rent/buy armor with. Buying costs more than renting, but you keep the stuff.
You can also use real money to buy 'NX Cash" which can be used to buy a greater variety of weapon and such for cheaper.  

Xarich

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:58 pm
It looks fun, but my computer will lag horribly. I don't even have a GB of RAM. Plus I'm on a wireless network.

And I don't need to deal with the assholes.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:38 pm
Rommel_Desert_Fox
If what I have said offended you...

I've contemplated whether to play or not.

... then it was probably intentional.

Being on a wireless network doesn't mean anything, I have an xbox 360 running on a wireless network along with this comp.  

Inquisitor Brock

Chatterbox/Humor

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff