Mossberg 590, Remington 13xx, and a S&W .38 CTG special help

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Krilliad

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:19 pm
Alright guys, serious biz.
I have a shotgun cleaning kit and I need to clean (do i need to strip?) my Mossberg 590, and my Remington (1350?) and also a S&W .38 CTG Special.
The S&W is oooold, but I need to know how to clean it and just give it a good ol' "Checkup".

Second, does anyone have instruction on how to disassemble the two shotguns?

::Subtopics: sad Please put in [] or {} )
[ On a different note, are AR-15's legal in CA?]
[And whats better? An Ak47 or a Israeli Galil and why?]  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:52 pm
Mossberg 590 strip

Try looking on the barrel of the Remington for the model. It should be stamped on near the chamber or crown.

With the S&W just clean out the cylinder and barrel. Then, make sure that the chamber lines up with the barrel before the hammer falls.  

Freak_090
Captain

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:14 pm
The legality of an AR-15 in California is determined by how many neat features it has. But only ten round magazines are allowed in them. I think they have to be fixed-stock and not have flash hiders.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:31 pm
ArmasTermin
The legality of an AR-15 in California is determined by how many neat features it has. But only ten round magazines are allowed in them. I think they have to be fixed-stock and not have flash hiders.
Fixed stock, and EITHER a pistol grip OR a removable magazine, IIRC.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:39 am
I wonder if any of those retards argued that you could just cut the stock off on an AR-15.
stare  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:22 pm
OberFeldwebel
I wonder if any of those retards argued that you could just cut the stock off on an AR-15.
stare
Sure you could, but why would you want to?  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:30 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
stare

How does the AR-15 chamber a round?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:56 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
stare

I'm thinking "long-barreled Carbon-15" and "Why?" It's possible to chop off the stock, it's just not easy. But even if you could, why would you want to, and what tactical difference would it make?  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:31 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
stare

I'm thinking "long-barreled Carbon-15" and "Why?" It's possible to chop off the stock, it's just not easy. But even if you could, why would you want to, and what tactical difference would it make?

Well, I was thinking that their argument is that you would be able to cut the stock off near the receiver.
I have seen the AR - Pistols. :/ And that's not what I was thinking that they were thinking about cutting off the stock.

Again, you're giving these assholes too much credit.
These are the people that think a barrel shroud is a shoulder thing that goes up.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:50 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
stare

Well, I was thinking that their argument is that you would be able to cut the stock off near the receiver.
I have seen the AR - Pistols. :/ And that's not what I was thinking that they were thinking about cutting off the stock.

These are the people that think a barrel shroud is a shoulder thing that goes up.
I can only see a stockless AR-15 being a massive pile of fail, impossible to aim, and even harder to follow-up with.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:19 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
stare

I can only see a stockless AR-15 being a massive pile of fail, impossible to aim, and even harder to follow-up with.

Same with all AR and AK pistols?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:35 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

Probably. This is why I will never understand a folding stock. It only makes sense for storage, to me.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:47 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

Probably. This is why I will never understand a folding stock. It only makes sense for storage, to me.

Storage or getting out of a confined space in a hurry.
IE; an APC or well a ******** airplane.  
Buying and Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff