Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:03 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Zahi sniffed. With the changing of the seasons, the scents within the air changed along with it. He was unused to these lands, as well as the need to pay attention to the changes that they went through. Never before had he gained control of a land to protect and to guard. Never before was he responsible for more than just him and Mio. Now he had more responsibility.

He just wish he had more people to spread that responibility to, as well. He couldn't do everything.

His ears swiveled around as he heard the breeze dance through the leaves in the trees. It muffled a lot of the smaller noises all around him, frusterating the lion. If it wasn't for this blasted wind, he'd be able to hear if someone else was around. A small growl emitted from his throat as he glared at the trees. A thin veil of rage was dancing around his mind. The only thing keeping him back was the idea of how upset Mio would be if he lost his temper. Especially at a tree.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:52 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

These lands were definitely foreign to her, foreboding and almost haunted. Silent in their own regard, like anything out of step or out of place was to be hunted and stopped. The leopardess was always weary of prides and tribe borders as it was and knew many held trespassers in low regards especially of non-lion variety. [and as it was, she didn't even know if these were... but given the atmosphere...]

Here, Lau Ki felt watched, even her quiet stealth couldn't seem to save her, like the trees were whispering of her presence and the lands would alarm those that someone was on intruding on their beauty. So, she had taken to the trees themselves, at least hoping they would not betray her, aid her in the upper hand against the lions that could possibly live upon the lands. Careful steps, allowing the winds to rustle through and the leaves to dance along her form, their silent whispers telling her where to go instead of alerting others on where to find her. Her green eyes danced along with the blowing leaves, glancing as often as she could below to make sure she hadn't been spotted by some unknown assailant.

Following the graceful twisting of a rogue leaf allowed her line of vision to spot the purple and white lord, his angered expression almost comical as there was nothing in his presence - well, except her though.. hopefully he hadn't spotted her, and she wasn't what he was mad at. Lau grinned, snaking herself through branches to get a closer look, to see if there was a source, while part of her mine told her to stop before she was killed. But, she of course couldn't help herself as she called out, "Oh my my ~ you shouldn't show such a sour face to a beautiful sight like that ~ or the trees will never bestow it upon you again." Lau chuckled, pulling back to allow a branch to cover her up as much as it could.

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:29 pm
Zahi's ears heard the tickling of the voice as the breeze carried it around him. His lavendar eyes darted around, searching all around him for the source of his voice. Discovering nothing, the frustration that had disappated returned. Why was there someone teasing him, in his land no less! They would certainly pay at least verbally for their tresspassing and defiance.

His eyes peeked upwards towards the fading trees that grew in this area of the lands. They were slowly loosing their normal colouring of a deep vibrant green, but as their colour lessened to a soft green yellow mixture, they only seemed to dissolve into one another. His eyes could not tell the difference between the colours of the stranger's coat and the trunk of the tree. With the mixture of shadows and colours of the leaves, it was all a lot cause to the lord of the land.

"Show yourself, then, if you dare jest about sights and beauty." He growled, keeping his temper low. For the time being.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:59 pm
"Well, of course," Lau Ki chuckled in a teasing manner, "but only because you asked so kindly." Though, more for the safety of her actions, she had taken the first swing and she knew she better comply least trouble come haunting her and as much as she liked trouble, it was not fun when she was the one paying for it.

The leopardess slinked her way through the branches once more, pushing her way through the yellowing leaves to a much better perch, still high but clearly making her visible to the lord down below. Showing herself was one thing, but she wasn't stupid enough to meet him eye to eye - he was clearly big enough to take her down in one swing, so still in the tree she stayed. Lau looked down at the purple lion through the slivers of her half lidded eyes, her tail tapping on the edge of the branch where it rested. "Now now, Mr. Grumpy ... might I ask what lands these are, if I am obliged my own questions? As beautiful as they are, I'm unfamiliar with them ~"

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:24 pm
Zahi narrowed his eyes as the creature slowly exposed itself from it's hiding place. Cleverly hidden, though if he had knowns what to look for he might have been able to locate her. Maybe. He let his growl fade into nothing, a small scowl still resting on his face. He wasn't pleased, but at least it wasn't as direct of a threat as he had thought.

"A leopard," he said dismissively, his eyes watching her closely. She seemed full of devious ideas (obviously, what with teasing him and pushing his buttons), but not someone who was an immediate red flag to trouble. Hopefully. Zahi was known to be a little rash in his decisions. "Haven't seen your kind around here." They had a cheetah in their ranks, but he hadn't heard of a leopard roaming the Tianxia lands. He couldn't see why not, as much of their land was lush with trees and jungle areas, but the pride was overall one of lions.

Though with the way things were going, Zahi was sure that the West House was going to be come the odd one of the bunch. Knowing his mate, she'd gobble up the chance for anyone to join, regardless if they were worth anything or not. Females.

"You're in the Tianxia lands. Specifically, the West House." He grumbled at the grumpy comment, knowing too well that it fit him to a T. "I'm the lord of these lands, so watch your step," he snuck in. Leopards were good with trees, but you never knew when one would lose their balance.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:40 pm
Location information brushed aside for now, Lau's gaze widened to their normal size, a sign of surprise on her part. Of all those she could have come across on her ventures, she came across the leader of a pride. Interesting. "Well, it is a pleasure to meet you, Lord of the West House." The leopardess raised her left fore limb and bowed her head in her deepest respects, if she meant it at all was really up to debate. Sometimes even she couldn't tell anymore if she was just mocking someone. "I'll be sure to hold to that advice as well." She raised herself back up, firmly placing her paw back on the branch, displaying how indeed it would support her... that she had chosen well of where she stepped and remained.

"And indeed, a leopardess is what I am and what I shall always remain, an elegant one at that." Lau winked, "I am called Lau Ki, my I have the pleasure of your name or am I just supposed to address you as 'your highness?'" The air of her dignity and pride returned in full stride.

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:41 pm
Zahi snorted lightly, quite taken aback by the leopard's direct approach at his mild threat. It was obvious that she was one not to toy too much with danger, but also let everything roll off of her back. He couldn't tell if it was merely a game or not with her, or if she was foolishly playing her card to fate, but it did intrigue him. Mildly, if he had to admit it. Zahi was not one to admit to things that would up others too easily. Solitude and a fairly decent ego contributed to that.

"Zahi is my normal name," he said, unsure if he should use his proper name. It hardly seemed appropriate with someone who was an outsider. Most of them would only grow confused over the pride's customs, and he was never in the mood to explain them. It was only with it with a member to go into all of the great detail that his home shared with the other Houses. Her name intrigued him, as he wasn't used to outsider's carrying a name similar to a house name. His interest in her only continued to grow.

"I see that you're quite skilled in the ways of stealth and tongue," he said, taking a jab at her remarks against him, as well as her own brushing up of herself.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:02 pm
"Normal name, what does this imply? Does this mean you have something of an unusual name to go along with your mighty self?" As much as she tried to keep her mind settled on what he was explaining to her, The purple lion's choice of words were a little cryptic. Lau's eyes expressed her confusion, scrunched together with one eye squinting. "Or perhaps brand yourself with many nicknames?" Could be a little kinky too, part of her brain mused, or perhaps he was such a male to have different names all over; not just locations but with just other lions... or ladies. But as much as she wanted to ponder, she brushed it off seconds later and shrugged.

Especially with his next comment, "I'll have to take that as a compliment I suppose." She grinned, a coy look in her eyes.

And as much as he wondered if she was playing around with fate, her next move was an actual running leap into it. Chance really, but seeing as how the air seemed less violent and he was... maybe a little less likely to strike her down in one mighty swoop of his paw just yet. Lau descended down from her perch, a soft landing upon the ground below and a little more eye level with him. Her long tail swished in the air, making long figure eights as she looked him up and down once again, now as she didn't have such an aerial view of him. "Very nice, rather fitting for a Lord, I suppose. The color helps, I hear purple in some lands is a sign of royalty ~"

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

WestHouse

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:37 am
Zahi's muscled tensed when she lept from her perch, but much mental training (aka boredom) had kept him from acting on his impulses. Instead, there was a slight shift in his weight as he pulled against his will, keeping himself in his one location. Pale purple eyes gazed at the brown leopard before him as his mind sorted out replied to her questions.

"Normal name, meaning common name." He shifted slightly before continuing, obviously showing a mild discomfort, but never admitting to it. "We Tianxians have names that we use inside of our pride. The proper name, as you could call it." A speck of curiosity flashed across his mind as to what she was assuming he meant, but he mentally brushed it off. It really wasn't something for him to fret about, when the matter before them was more important. She seemed worth something, but Zahi was never one for coercing others. His old habit was taking what he wanted, but things didn't work like that anymore. He would need to figure something out, and quickly.

"Compliments are not my forté, but I assure you I do not offer them easily." His eyes narrowed at her, before lingering off to the jungle behind her. No use in starting something that didn't have a vividly clear outcome. "Although they seem to swirl around you like the mist in the trees." A smirk. "I'm merely a lord of the area. I answer only to my emperor and empress when needed."

[IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games