Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Card Battling Games
Digimon Card Game

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Harrison Richardson

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:09 pm
lolololol epic fail.

I found some of my old cards. I bet no one here has some...or even knows how to play.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:52 pm
I have alot but don't know how to play sweatdrop  

terraemporer

Harrison Richardson

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:45 pm
Exactly what my problem is. I have a Deck, but I don't know how to play...so I make up my own rules. ninja  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:44 pm
Fireyblaze000
Exactly what my problem is. I have a Deck, but I don't know how to play...so I make up my own rules. ninja
Lol i just collect them know i don't even want to try to figure out the rules  

terraemporer

Mirri the Sneak

Noble Noob

2,350 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:51 pm
The game is easy to understand, but takes some time getting used to. Granted, it's been about 6 years since I've played it, but I think the rules went something like this.

Both players draw 5 cards and decide who goes first.

Both players then place a basic level digimon from their hand into play.

Player 1 draws, and then can do any of the following:

Use an item on a digimon
Place any basic level digimon from their hand into play
Digivolve a digimon in play
Attack

Once the player attacks, their tun ends.

Items can be separated into two groups, expendable and equipment; expendable items only last until the end of the turn unless specified on the card and are discarded after use, equipment stays on the digimon for the remainder of the game unless the digimon is destroyed, the digimon digivolves, or the card text states otherwise.

Digimon can only digivolve once per turn and require that certain conditions be met, such as another digimon in play be discarded or a specific item be equipped; in addition, most digimon require a digivice item card to digivolve.

Attacks deal direct damage to the opposing digimon's health. When their health reaches zero, the digimon is discarded and the attacker awarded points based on the digimon's challenge ranking according to the digimon's level.

Your digimon has three attacks, which are used against the different types of digimon. The attack indicated in green is used against vaccine types, red against virus types, and blue against data types. These three types form the attack triangle: Virus>Data>Vaccine>Virus.

The game ends when either one side no longer has digimon, or both sides have run out of cards to draw; in the event of the latter, the player with the highest points wins. Of course, in the event of a tournament, or if both players don't want to spend two hours on a card game, a point limit is set; whoever reaches the point limit first, wins.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:55 pm
That's pretty much what I thought it was. o.o  

Harrison Richardson

Harrison Richardson

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:56 pm
That's pretty much what I thought it was. o.o  
Card Battling Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items