Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Spell Casting

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

When I cast spells, I...
  am exacting...everything must be just right
  use what I feel called to use
  feel my intent is all that matters
  do different things depending on the situation
  do none of the above...I don't cast spells
View Results

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:23 am
So...thought I'd throw some random questions out there for you.

When casting spells do you feel that you have to have each little detail exactly right - the right time, herbs, incense, moon phase, day of the week, etc..., or do you feel that you can substitute various things depending on how you feel called? Or are you of the group that feels that magic and spell casting is all about intent, so it doesn't really matter if you use all the "bells and whistles" at all? Or do you do a mix of these things?

biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:45 am
I practice low magic. I can't be having with this high magic, ceremonial stuff.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Angel Bruja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:21 pm
Usually I keep things simple. If I feel something more elaborate is needed, I do and get what I need to for that purpose.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:24 pm
i keep it simple, take the written spell, and modify it a bitt to better help me. (dont always have the ingredance)  

The gypsy Queen

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:17 pm
The gypsy Queen
i keep it simple, take the written spell, and modify it a bitt to better help me. (dont always have the ingredance)

See, for me, anything that's a pre-written spell stands a high chance of being elaborate and ceremonial. Anything that has ingredients is probably elaborate and ceremonial. To me, this sort of thing is in the "complicated" group, not the "simple" one wink  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:47 pm
Every piece of ritual to me, is symbolism to assist in the work. It helps immensely. But if there is some modification that could be done that makes any particular aspect deeper for me, then I yearn for that instead.

I try to make the best conditions during the work. I take it seriously with much attention to detail, while remaining as skeptical as possible.  

Nattfodd

AiRune

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:44 pm
I'm a bit of both. It's usually about the intent, but I may use something as a trigger to keep the magic going. Like wearing a bit of turquoise when I'm feeling vulnerable and stressed. Or painting a door white to ward it. Just bits and pieces of folklore, but they reinforce the ideas.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:05 am
I don't do a lot of spellcrafting, but when I do, I do my research and then do and use what feels right to me. It's mostly about the intent, for me, a spell is less about having everything just right, and more about the energy.  

Kyreie

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games