Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
Islam and Punishment

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Islamic Law is...
  enforced in my home (but not in my country)
  enforced in my country (and obviously my home)
  is NOT enforced at home or in my country
View Results

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:24 am
ÉN verekszik részére Isten , országom és családom

So I've heard that Islam is infamous for its discipline.

Like cutting off the right hand of a thief, and giving 20 lashes to people who commit certain crimes (or whatever the number is)

My question is this: do you guys actually enforce this law, or is it figurative?

How to you deal/enforce with Islamic law in non-Muslim countries?

Other question to think about...

If someone determines that they have done something wrong...do they do penance? And if that crime deserves punishment, are they allowed to inflict it on themselves in reparation of the crime?

...kit ugye verekszik részére?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:49 am
Ratri_Cat
ÉN verekszik részére Isten , országom és családom

So I've heard that Islam is infamous for its discipline.

But that's the best kind of discipline. In the west when someone does something the offender knows the worst that is going to happen is that they will ONLY be incarcerated for so many years. This is EXACTLY why crime is increasing. Western sociologists even agree that punishment should be more severe, or the offender should have to go to therapy sessions.

Quote:
Like cutting off the right hand of a thief, and giving 20 lashes to people who commit certain crimes (or whatever the number is)

The lashes thing is actually not written in the Qur'an. Countries who do practice this only do so because they misinterpreted a saying of the Prophet (saw).

The cutting off the hand thing was created for thieves. The Prophet (saw) says that if someone stole, even if it was my own daughter, I would cut off her hand. Though, it must be remembered that Islamic punishments should only be used if they will be effective and followed strictly. In the time of Muhammad (saw), because this punishment was created, there were no incidents of theft because people feared for their hands. Today, though, in Muslim countries the disciplines don't even follow Islamic Shariah....so this punishment should not be used because then it would just result in hypocrisy.

Quote:
My question is this: do you guys actually enforce this law, or is it figurative?

It was enforced at the time.....because it was effective. Now it wouldn't be so it should not be enforced.

Quote:
How to you deal/enforce with Islamic law in non-Muslim countries?

Muslims are told in the Qur'an that they should obey those in authority. So they should follow the laws of those in authority......even if their laws are not effective.

Quote:
Other question to think about...

If someone determines that they have done something wrong...do they do penance? And if that crime deserves punishment, are they allowed to inflict it on themselves in reparation of the crime?

This is not a thinking matter. Wherever man-to-man punishment has been created in the Qur'an....God has also stated that if the person repents then that person should be forgiven and the punishment should not be carried out. Of course there is a chance that the people who repent are only doing it verbally and not truly...........it is written that their case will be with God, since man cannot judge the condition of another mans heart.

In the case of adultery it is different though.  

Pheonixia

Zaakii

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:54 am
Soo u acturally have rights to judge tortur punnishments?  
☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games