Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
Wow... I just saw someone with this in his signature

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think of this?
  I dunno.
  Wow....
  *Insert angry feeling here.*
  Gold, please.
View Results

Swell Sundae

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:31 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Well, continuing on with the title of this thread, what do you think of this? Are we crazy elitists, or something else? ._."

And this time, I will not reveal who this person is. ._.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:37 pm
-_- Excuse me while I go punch the feathers out of my pillow.  

SilverMaple

Sparkly Lover

Patron with a Mission

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:28 am
scream I'll show them elitist! scream

Wait. It's not worth it. Let them think as they like. Someday when their boss is firing them for their inability to write correctly or decently, I'll be laughing.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:34 pm
What is interesting is that he or she has all of her words typed out. How did we ever manage to make people so angry at us? I don't think of myself as an elitist: I think of myself as a supporter for the beauty of well written English verses butchered typing jobs. Actually I think grammar correcting is more of an Obsessive Compulsive Personality trait that most literates have: we just can't stand mistakes (especially in massive dosages).

Random question: Shouldn't the title be "his or her signature" instead of "their signature"? (Wait, "their" is acceptable usage, but I thought "his or her" is preferred.) Maybe I am being just weird. ^^;

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Swell Sundae

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:34 pm
mc2

Random question: Shouldn't the title be "his or her signature" instead of "their signature"? (Wait, "their" is acceptable usage, but I thought "his or her" is preferred.) Maybe I am being just weird. ^^;

Oops. sweatdrop (Wait, is "oops" even a word? I don't know... I'll use it anyway.) I'll change it. :3  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:41 pm
So...wanting to be able to understand things people type is elitist now? Do these people have nothing better to do, or what? stare  

Quatrina

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:48 am
Quatrina
So...wanting to be able to understand things people type is elitist now? Do these people have nothing better to do, or what? stare
They have nothing better to do. Actually, I was talking to a friend about how he abbreviates everything when we chat on facebook and he said that he does it because he is lazy. I think in many ways the fact that people make their typing so confusing is that they are lazy and don't know how to properly type. Of course, that could just be some odd theory of mine. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:28 pm
Quatrina

No, they're just too used to texting people on their cells.

Well, actually, I don't know. I've only ever used the 'txt' feature on my cell phone once. ._.

xXBisexual FlanXx

Dapper Genius

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:54 am
clara33
Quatrina

No, they're just too used to texting people on their cells.

Well, actually, I don't know. I've only ever used the 'txt' feature on my cell phone once. ._.

I'm so slow at "txting" on my cell phone (probably because I type everything out). I started using it because a friend of mine uses it a lot, but the main reason I use it is when talking on the phone isn't practical- like the time I was at a concert, because it was too loud to use the cell phone. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:43 pm
I actually find this somewhat amusing. I enjoy parodies of our banner, they display so much inability to create or have original thought that they make me laugh. They also spread the word about our Guild, which is always a good thing no matter which way you slice it.

This one even HAS good grammar, which is fairly amusing. The creator supports, but does not use, free speech. Like supporting, but not using, pet spay or nueter facilities. Like supporting, but not using, child safety locks on guns. I believe this is known as 'being a hypocrite'.  

Nicholas Kaze

Friendly Prophet

16,625 Points
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Population Tire

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:50 am
We are not elitists, the very idea that we are is ludicrous. Literates and elitists are by all accounts two very different things. We don't hate people who misspell words (well, we try not to), we just loathe the misspellings themselves. How does that make the people within either party good or bad? ******** him, I'm not going to just ignore someone who thinks that they're being legitimate when they form sentences like "so i saw that you n Brad Are hooked up.Me And JOrdan r thinkin of goin to the fall danse i guess we can double-date iff u want 2," it's just unacceptable.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:38 pm
Population Tire
We are not elitists, the very idea that we are is ludicrous. Literates and elitists are by all accounts two very different things. We don't hate people who misspell words (well, we try not to), we just loathe the misspellings themselves. How does that make the people within either party good or bad? f**k him, I'm not going to just ignore someone who thinks that they're being legitimate when they form sentences like "so i saw that you n Brad Are hooked up.Me And JOrdan r thinkin of goin to the fall danse i guess we can double-date iff u want 2," it's just unacceptable.

Too true. If you are able to read and write English, then you should do so on English-speaking sites. That's not English in any sense or definition of the word.  

Nicholas Kaze

Friendly Prophet

16,625 Points
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

shannonrwrwrw

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:11 pm
Partially true. No one has any right to tell someone what they can and cannot right...  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:13 pm
That. Is. Hilarious. Truly it is. He's right, though. We don't have any right to say what people can and cannot type, or how they type it. As for the comment about elitists... ha.  

Polarregression

Farrago

Proxy Codger

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:42 am
No, we are not elitists. We despise 'W#3N P30P13 7@1K 1YK D1$' or 'whn ppl tawk lyk dis,' but we are not elitists. And for his or her information, I will tell people whatever I want to tell them.  
"TXT TLK" horror stories

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games