[PRP] Waiting By the River [Igizo + Kodwe'Tifu + Tiruan]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chibi Sheepcat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:42 pm
User Image

The sun was already on its way up into the sky when Tiruan finally rose to start his morning patrol. Every day since Ainra left he had taken to wandering near the borders, anxious to see if today his "adopted" daughter would return. She had promised she would come back, and though the lion knew she would be good for her word, he could not help but worry. What if she was hurt somewhere? What if she was captured by some rogue male who wouldn't allow her to return back home? He hadn't a family of his own to keep his mind off the young lioness that had made herself comfortable in his life, and thus he simply had to pace like a father waiting for his teenage daughter to come home after a party.

With a yawn and a stretch, Tiruan set off to the rivers to take a drink before he started his walk. The water was refreshing, and he paused an extra moment to stare at his reflection. He was sure he didn't look as worried as he felt, save for the barely noticeable droop of his ears and his tail. His mane looked the same as ever, large and perfectly floofed (he had to take pride in something). Would Ainra know how worried he was if he met up with her today? No doubt she would say he was silly for being so concerned. After all, wasn't she not nearing adulthood? Sigh. Cubs these days just grew up too fast. Tiruan snorted softly, and swatted at his reflection with his paw. "She'll come home in due time," he murmured, as though reassuring himself through his reflection. "She'll come home."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:12 pm
User Image

"Catch me if you can, Tifu!" She called back to her brother before taking off in the direction of the river, ignoring the various warnings that she often received about wandering too far on her own. She was bigger now than she had been the last time they'd gone as far as the river and she knew her way around a bit better, which she only considered a bonus... It was just a matter of getting her brother to join in on her adventures. "C'mooon, Tifuuuu."

She was still glancing back over her shoulder as she ran, not paying attention to much beyond her overabundance of joy and her brother trailing behind her... Even if she should have noticed the large lion sitting by the river; the one that she was about to run right into.

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

TheMadHatter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:37 pm
User Image

"Don't call me that!" He ran after his sister more to make her pay for calling him such a girly name. She knew he hated being called Tifu and he'd get her for it. He just had to catch her first which was getting harder to do. She was bigger than him which meant her legs were longer so she could get further ahead of him with a lead. Since she cheated all the time she almost always had a lead too.

"And you're gonna run into him!" Which he was going to laugh about as he tried to skid to a halut before he ran into his sister and the big lion that she was going to plow into.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:25 pm
The sound of voiced approaching broke Tiruan's thought train, and the lion looked up to see what was the matter. Just by the pitch, it sounded like two cubs, about a little younger than Ainra was when she left. His assumption proved to be correct when the pair came into view, a brother and a sister. Though he had initially been a little concerned that something was wrong – the pair had been running – he realized after a moment that it was just a game. Tag, he believed it was called. Ainra had taught it to him.

A small smile appeared on his lips as he watched the cubs, however the expression turned to a frown when he watched the female get closer and closer. Was she even paying attention to where she was going? Her brother seemed to notice, but his call came a little too late. Tiruan used an outstretched paw to gently catch the juvenile before she collided too hard with him, not really having to brace too hard. She wasn't big enough to hurt him even if she ran into him full speed. "Careful now," he chided, with a chuckle. "Don't want to hurt yourself."

Chibi Sheepcat

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:04 pm
"AH! Help! Help! I'm... I'm..." She blinked, glancing up at the large lion who seemed to be... Laughing? Swallowing she glanced down for a moment before looking back up at him. "Hi. M'sorry I was running and not paying attention to much of anything. I didn't mean to run into you, mister." Sounding so sweet at first, her voice instantly changed as she turned to look at her brother, hissing softly beneath her breath. "Why didn't you warn me sooner, Tifu?"  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:54 pm
"I didn't see him sooner." He huffed as he sat down. "should have been paying more attention." He wasn't the one who had run into the lion, she was, so it was her fault for not seeing him. That's what she got for teasing him!  

TheMadHatter

Chibi Sheepcat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:49 pm
Tiruan stared down at the young lioness, trying not to laugh anymore than he already had. She seemed very young, as did her playmate. She was probably about as young as Ainra had been when he'd first met her. No wonder she was still playing games like tag. Youth and their energy. He really shouldn't complain about it thought. It was Ainra's energy and determination that had got him playing in the first place. "It's alright, I don't mind you running into me, especially if you were playing. Were you playing tag?"  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:39 pm
She stared at her brother for a long, hard moment, pondering whether or not she could knock him over if she pounced on him before deciding against it. She could get him back later... For now it might be a good idea to act at least a little bit like a lady. "Yes, we were. At least, that's what I wanted to play but Tifu, he's my brother, didn't want to at first. My name is Igizo."  

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

TheMadHatter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:12 pm
"That's because i always loose! You're faster than me." He huffed again. She always did that. Trying to blame things on him. IT wasn't his fault that he'd rather play something he was good at instead of playing something he'd loose anyway.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:12 am
"It is a pleasure to meet you, Igizo and Tifu." He nodded to each in turn, unable to help but smile at Igizo's words. She was not quite like Ainra, but she had the same spunk that he had come to equate with all female cubs. They always seemed so active and lively. Probably preparing them for being good hunters when they were older. Tiruan was nothing if not traditional in his beliefs.

"Well of course she's faster than you. She has to be a better hunter, doesn't she? You have to grow up to be stronger," he instructed Tifu, with a tone that suggested he was imparting great wisdom. "How else will you be able to protect your loved ones?"

Chibi Sheepcat

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:37 am
"His whole name is Kodwe'tifu." She said as she leaned closer to the large lion as if about to impart some great wisdom of her own to him. "He doesn't like being called Tifu... But I always call him that because it's part of his name." She nodded before stepping back, flopping onto her backside so that she could let her gaze drift between the two males. "Tifu's going to be big and strong like Daddy... But no one's stronger than my dad."  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:23 pm
"Am not." He huffed slightly as he sat down in the grass. He could already tell he was smaller than their brothers. He was only just barely bigger than his sister. "I'm gonna be strong though! Even if i'm not bigger than them."

That would be better anyway. Then no one would expect he was stronger but he would be. He could catch them off guard.

TheMadHatter

Chibi Sheepcat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:08 am
“Kodwe’tifu? That’s a very nice name,” Tiruan said with a small nod. “I can see how you would shorten it though. One of my good friends shortens my name and it’s nowhere near as long as his. Perhaps, though, if he doesn’t like his nickname he can think up a new one for you?” He turned his attention to the male cub, as though offering him a chance to pick a new short form for his name.

At the mention of strength he chuckled. “Of course, nobody can be as strong as your father. But maybe one day he will need help, and that’s where you two will come in. One to help hunt and one to help him guard.” Children had to be good for something, after all.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:48 am
"Stronger than everyone but me, maybe." She grinned as she shifted to bump her shoulder against her brother's, tilting her head up to n** at his ear and give it a playful tug. "At least I keep you on your toes and make sure you're going to be the best ever, right?" Her brow lofted as she glanced at her brother before she turned her attention to the larger male again.

"Sometimes it's just easier to make names short, especially when you're talking fast or in a hurry or something. What's your friend call you?"

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

TheMadHatter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:12 am
He nudged his sister back for the n**. "I'm stronger than you now. You're just bigger so you sit on me and it's not fair." He grinned. "I like Kodwe but she always calls me Tifu"

Which was where most of his problems were. Most everyone chose the shorter part of his name instead of the part he liked.

[IC] Kusini'Mwezi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games