Welcome to Gaia! ::

Faith Black's Multi-purpose Friend Guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is a hangout for everyone on Gaia. Members are encouraged to talk about just about anything, plus, we have monthly giveaways! 

Tags: giveaway, contest, hangout, friend, game 

Reply Poetry, Novels, Writing & Literature
Twilight (Spoilers)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Team?
  Edward
  Jacob
  No one
View Results

soupeh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:50 am
Chat about the Twilight books.

Random questions:
-Who is your favorite character? Why?
-Team Jacob or Team Edward? Wolves or Vamps?
-Favorite book? Why?
-What do you think of Bella before and after she turned into a vamp?
-Did you ever think you would be a fan of the books?
-Have you read Midnight Sun and what do you think about it?
-Did you go to the midnight release of Breaking Dawn?
-Did you think Edward or Jacob were jerks?

(just random stuff like that to chat and stuff)  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:59 am
My favorite was Jacob heart (obviously)....
I liked New Moon better (can't you guess why? haha)
I hated Bella during the whole series until she became a vamp. I really didn't like her during her pregnancy. The whole thing was stupid....
I didn't think I would be a fan. I'm not the type of person that flows with the crowd. What really got me was the writing style. I hated most of the characters, but the style kept alluring me.
I haven't read a lot of Midnight Sun because I don't have pdf on my laptop. I think it's horrible what happened with the manuscript. My theory is that it will never be published that's why it's on her website.
I think both were jerks, but Edward was the biggest when he left Bella. That was down right stupid. Bella was a jerk to Jacob too....  

soupeh

azi-maj

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:56 am
i hate Bella. she is so dang annoying! i love both Jacob and Edward, but Edward more because i'm a sucker for the gentlemen type. it was just plain wrong when Jacob imprinted on Renesmee. I would've preferred that he go with Leah instead. Throughout the series I kept thinking why Bella was so special because in my opinion she is down right predictable. i didn't go to the midnight release of breaking dawn (i value my sleep). it's one of my favorite books because it first allured me with my love of the supernatural and like you said the writing style was great, plus i kept wanting to know what happened next (i just have to finish a book after i start it). i've only read a little of midnight sun right up to the part where he contemplates how to kill her (which i loved). after i finished twilight i knew i'd be a fan although the other crazed fangirls annoy the hell out of me.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:48 pm
When I first heard they were making another movie based off a book, I was kinda bummed. The movie is never as good as the book, & they usually pick the characters wrong, & I wasn't looking forward to hearing all the people saying what was wrong with the movie compared to the book.
The more I saw it advertised, the more I heard people talk about it, & it made me REALLY not want to read the book or see the movie.
Yesterday, I was in Border's & happened to come across the book in it's original form. No pictures on the actors in the movie or anything on the cover, which was very comforting. After 10 minutes of arguing with myself, I finally gave in & bought it.
I read the preface last night, then fell a sleep with it open. Too tired to read further.
Today, for lunch, I had 45 minutes to myself, & in that 45 minutes, I read the first chapter, & I'm already finding myself addicted to this book.
I have learned a valuable lesson: I should never under estimate the power a book will have over me. Especially considering that it has so much power over other people who have read it.

I Love Twilight!! blaugh

P.S.
Now I'm sad that I read the first post of this thread. Major Spoilers...  

FaithBlack
Vice Captain

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100

ICareAboutTheWorld

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:13 am
I was Team Edward until New Moon (when he left her), then I was Team Jacob until Breaking Dawn ("If I can't have you, I'll just have your baby!" Pervert...). Now, I'm not sure. I'm not too fond of either guy anymore, but overall I prefer wolves to vamps any day.  
Poetry, Novels, Writing & Literature

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games