Reply Questions and Answers
New movie: Fireproof (Spoilers)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DOVE_SAVED_BY_GRACE

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:31 pm
So, I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed, but there aren't many movies out there with a Christian theme, and not many of them have a lot of advertisement, hype, etc... So it was by luck that my mom read an article about Kirk Cameron, an actor. Apparently, Kirk Cameron has a new movie, called Fireproof. Fireproof has a kissing scene that Cameron refused to do unless they brought in his wife for that scene. Why am I bringing this up? Because Fireproof, produced by the Kendrick Brothers, is a good movie that I think everyone who is a Christian should see. I'm going to include spoilers in it. Most of you will figure out the end anyway, but if you don't want to know about the movie, LEAVE NOW, knowing that it has a strong, powerful theme that ties back to God being the only true cure for our problems.

Caleb is a fireman. More specifically, he's the captain. He's considered a hero to everyone but his wife, Katherine. Her and Caleb are in a marriage that seems to be failing, and they are looking towards a divorce. However, Caleb's father begs him to try this 40-day "love dare" that he guarantees will fix the relationship by the end of the 40-day period. Caleb agrees to do it to please his dad. When he sees that this ties in to his father's newfound faith in Christ, his enthusiasm drops even lower. Still he continues, and as he progresses through the 40 days, Caleb begins to see what is going wrong with his marriage.

Overall, it's a great movie about an atheist who turns to God, and sees that living for Him is the only way to live. I recommend it to ANYONE who likes good movies, and/or is a Christian.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:45 pm
My parents have already seen it and say it's a fantastic movie. I can't wait to see it in the theatre!  

Beth Turner
Captain

DOVE_SAVED_BY_GRACE

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:31 pm
Beth Turner
My parents have already seen it and say it's a fantastic movie. I can't wait to see it in the theatre!

You should. Even my dad loved it, and he NEVER likes any movies he goes to see.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:06 pm
DOVE_SAVED_BY_GRACE
Beth Turner

You should. Even my dad loved it, and he NEVER likes any movies he goes to see.

Ha ha- that settles it then. We're definately going. whee  

Beth Turner
Captain

DOVE_SAVED_BY_GRACE

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:16 am
It's also good for people who are having problems in their life. It shows that, no matter how bad life seems, God is always there, and always able to help.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:35 pm
oohhh!!! i saw that movie!! yeah it was really good... me and my sisters were the only teens in the theater i'm pretty sure but what-ev. still a good movie with quite a few really funny parts in it also^^  

animefreec

Questions and Answers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff