screw the ad, i wanna see the movie
  hugh jackman is smexay!
  POLL WHORE
View Results

silvia10

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:19 am
ok, so who's seen it?

would post a link, but too lazy.

do you think it'll be as good as the other (good- think Paul Newman) campaigns?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:46 pm
i think i saw it but i cant remember all of it lol maybe when someone isnt lazy (anyone) we should post a link lol  

kixsy

Music -by- Numbers

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:17 pm
ugh.
i dont wanna see it.
but my folks will probably drag me along anyways.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:30 pm
I don't see why Australia need an add anyway. I'm pretty sure we have enough people  

kixsy

DNA_Guru
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:16 pm
There's a lot of people who want to come to Australia at some point, the advertising just makes them think about it sooner.
We do need to market ourselves a little bit though, tourism is one of our biggest money makers and we have to keep it healthy. (Although I dare say anyone with a stronger dollar than ours won't need much encouragement at the moment.)
The whole idea of marketing is to implant that idea in your head, whether in your subconscious or not, it makes people wonder 'what if', and that's generally more than what they would do without the advertising.

You just have to implant that idea. (Can't half tell I took marketing can you?)  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:32 pm
I don't think advertising for travel has convinced me of travelling any sooner no matter how cheap the airfairs are.  

kixsy

DNA_Guru
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:53 am
At face value no, but if you're bombarded, or even gently reminded so often about a product, you may well go out and buy it.
I like to think advertising doesn't affect me that much, but I know it does.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:26 pm
When I was young I always told myself that anyone who advertises may as well beg for the money as they are so desperate to spend it in the hope of more. I think a person should make their way not by advertaising but by the word of mouth. I have found some very successful and reliable busnesses that way  

kixsy

DNA_Guru
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:40 am
Different way of looking at it, but unfortunately that's what capitalism has brought us to. Advertising and marketing has helped me establish my life here in Japan as I know absolutely nothing about the products here. Although on the same note, I have learnt a lot from word of mouth from my friends. Dish washing detergent and the like...it helps to market well.

I too have found some good businesses via word of mouth, but it isn't the most efficient way of Marketing. It's more likely to be trusted, but it's not as widespread.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:09 am
I have to say I think to be advertising globally would feel pretty good as a company and do wonders for sales  

kixsy

hotness2thetrotness

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:12 pm
It's a very good ad, and a very good movie.
Brandon Walters is AMAZING!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:12 am
I havent seen it *sob*  

kixsy

Lai Woun
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:39 pm
I havent seen it yet either.... but a few of my friends that have seen it said that it was really good.... really made for international audiences though.... with a lot of stereotypical australian refrences in it.

Heard that it has been a massive flop in America though.... but thats to be expected... what havent they seen or heard about australia in movies like crocodile dundee... not sure how they expected this one to be any different and a sucess.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:39 pm
Agreed. I almost wish they'd show a different side of Aussies. I guess people don't really notice when they see the ordinary Aussies in films  

kixsy

The Official Australian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff