Welcome to Gaia! ::

Faith Black's Multi-purpose Friend Guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is a hangout for everyone on Gaia. Members are encouraged to talk about just about anything, plus, we have monthly giveaways! 

Tags: giveaway, contest, hangout, friend, game 

Reply Past Threads (Deleted or Otherwise)
America's Presidential Election

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who do you want to vote for?
John McCain
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Barrack Obama
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
I want to vote for someone else
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
I don't want to vote at all
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

FaithBlack
Vice Captain

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:35 pm
With all of the stuff happening with the presidential elections, I'm having a bit of difficulty deciding who I want to vote for, & was hoping to get the opinions of others. I turn 19 this month, so this will obviously be my first time voting.
I'm an Independent. When this whole presidential thing started between McCain, Obama, & Hilary, I was originally rooting for Obama. He seems like a decent guy, but I don't agree with many of the things he stands for. I didn't like Hilary for the same reason that I now don't want to vote for Obama.
As for McCain, I don't think he made the best choice in a Vice President, & the fact that he's a veteran from the Vietnam war means that there's a very good chance that he has PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder), which sort of scares me. I know a lot of people with PTSD, both Veterans & civilians, & I know what it can do to people. McCain has already shown us that he has a bit of an anger issue, so how do we know that he doesn't have other problems that could hinder his ability to be a good president?
For a while, I was considering Nader, but then I did a little research & decided that I don't think that the legalization of marijuana would be the best thing for our country at this point in time. Maybe in the future, but not right now.
Other than that, I haven't really heard a lot about any of the other candidates. To most people, they don't even exist, & looking at the list of people that will be on the ballot, I don't know where to start.

Who do you want to vote for in this election? (If you legally can't vote, who would you vote for if you could?)
Why?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:35 am
I will be voting for Obama. I don't care for him but when I compare the amount of issues that I agree with so does his campaign. I would have preferred Hillary (for legal and personal reason) but it doesn't always work that way.  

Vajapocalypse

FaithBlack
Vice Captain

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:19 pm
No longer valid, & lack of posting.
Deleted.  
Past Threads (Deleted or Otherwise)