Welcome to Gaia! ::

Faith Black's Multi-purpose Friend Guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is a hangout for everyone on Gaia. Members are encouraged to talk about just about anything, plus, we have monthly giveaways! 

Tags: giveaway, contest, hangout, friend, game 

Reply Things We Care About (Extended Discussion)
Iraq

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meiglan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:59 pm
Obviously, we can't change the past, but what do you think of the Iraq war? Should America have gone into Iraq? Should America still be there? Should America be heading over to Afghanistan next? What country are you from?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:32 am
I'm from America. I don't agree with us going into Iraq. After all we were attacked by the Taliban in Afghanistan and some how that translated us to attack Iraq. Don't get me wrong Hussein wasn't a great guy, but he did keep Iraq (and terrorist organizations) in order. It's like Cuba. We can't do anything, nor should we do anything other than befriend their leader and try to come to some sort of compromise.  

Vajapocalypse

Amethyst Bath and Beauty

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:02 am
Vajapocalypse
I'm from America. I don't agree with us going into Iraq. After all we were attacked by the Taliban in Afghanistan and some how that translated us to attack Iraq. Don't get me wrong Hussein wasn't a great guy, but he did keep Iraq (and terrorist organizations) in order. It's like Cuba. We can't do anything, nor should we do anything other than befriend their leader and try to come to some sort of compromise.

I like how you think that we should become friends with the leader or Cuba when our government has tried to kill him so many times, but I agree, an untrustworthy scumbag ally is better than an untrustworthy scumbag enemy.

Anyways, I heard from a soldier who recently came back from his 3rd tour of Iraq that many terrorists find out much of their information from the internet. As in, if somebody posted on the internet that it was rumored that the U.S. government was going to blow up a particular building to try & find a specific leader, those terrorists would be informed & it would ruin the U.S. government's element of surprise. That said, he warned people that we should all be cautious of the kind of thing that we post on the internet, such as what date the troops are supposed to be home by, what types of bases contain what types of ammunition, that sort of thing. It would help keep a lot of our soldiers safe if the enemy knew less about their operations.

As for my opinion, we had no business entering Iraq in the first place. The people responsible for the 9/11 attacks were all EGYPT nationals, not Iraq, not Afghanistan. We really should get out.
Also, before we showed up, they were pretty westernized; They listened to Michael Jackson, women wore blue jeans & skirts, etc. Now, the government is a freakin mess, thanks to us, & leaving now won't even fix it. Who's bright ideas was it to make women cover their entire bodies again?

Oh, & I'm from America too.  
Things We Care About (Extended Discussion)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games