View Results

goddess_elppy

Feline Fairy

8,475 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:24 pm
Okay, so, about two weeks ago (ish) I went to the local palm reader here in Athens, mostly because I wanted to ask what jobs/other good things were going to stroll my way. She didn't really shock me with all her knowledge, other than asking why my boyfriend and I are together but not together (online dating ftw!) and if he'd recently lost someone close to him (our kitty). That was about the only thing that shocked me. Then she goes on about how I have all this negativity around me and we have to cleanse it away. Being the big pushover that I am (I was also feeling alone spiritually and like I needed a guide) I accepted her 'help' for 9 sessions totalling $375, of which I've paid $150 (and am now BROKE).

TOTALLY think she's a phony now. Like, she might have SOME psychic ability, but I've been to three of her sessions, and none of them lasted for longer than 15-20 minutes, in which she did nothing but tell me that my parents want nothing more than me to be happy (which, if she was a real psychic, she would know that they've even TOLD me that's not the case), and tell me that my boyfriend is insecure in our relationship, and then she's having me go out and BUY all the things I need, like a bible and ribbon and candles and stuff, not even GIVING it to me, which is what she claimed the $375 was for in the first place.

I want to get out of this, and I'm going to call her tonight and tell her I have no money at all (truth!) and that I can no longer go to see her. But I'm kinda scared to. I keep feeling like maybe she has dark intentions for me or something, and I've been feeling as though I'm being like, metaphysically attacked or something recently. So if you feel like it, does that mean that you're paranoid, or does that mean that it's really happening? And should I give her another chance and keep going to see her despite the fact that I'm broke? Or should I get out while I still can? D;  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:08 pm
"Caveat emptor" - "Let the buyer beware".

I hold to the idea that all humans are capable of divination, but few ever actually reach a level where they are able to use it effectively at will. 99.9% of psychics who own a business where they try to profit from this are likely frauds.

I put more faith in those who never charge money for their services. They tend to be more humble about divination and let you know that knowing your future can indeed change it. Also, if they are wrong, you haven't really lost anything.

Of course, I'm not expert of divination.  

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100

WebenBanu

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:27 pm
I've worked at a place which hosts psychics, and I can tell you that some of them are quite sincere about what they do. However, there are frauds out there- and even if this lady is not a fraud, that does not mean that you are required to continue her services. If you are not getting what you need from the sessions, and/or if you can not budget for them anymore, then tell her. I don't know the lady myself, but I find it doubtful that a psychic would curse you for not being able to afford their services anymore or going elsewhere. Not unless you were really rude about it.

But do bear in mind that in divinations, as with all types of magic, the future is not cut in stone and you still have to work for it yourself. A diviner can tell you how the winds are blowing, but you have to buy the boat, find the crew, and hoist the sail yourself or you won't go anywhere. A spell is a probability enhancer, but 0 enhanced 100 times is still nothing. Not that I think you've been slacking off- just some words to the wise.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:46 am
Thanks for the words of wisdom. =)
Just to clarify; she offered me spiritual help and everything, which wasn't helping at all. I actually called and told her I couldn't afford it, and she said, "Oh, we can work something out!" which to me, meant that she wanted me to come and still wanted money. So then I had to tell her I didn't think her sessions were working for me, and she got all offended. I felt kinda bad. But I still feel like she was a fraud, and that she meant to try to harm me or something. I dunno, I'm going to try to stick with asking someone from my UU church to read for me next time.

goddess_elppy

Feline Fairy

8,475 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items