Welcome to Gaia! ::

History Huggers

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who do want to live in the past! 

Tags: history, historical 

Reply Main Forum
Exteded Project Qualification - but what topic?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which one?
  Che Guevara
  The Great Depression
  Hypatia of Alexandria
  Other
View Results

IntellectualParadox

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:13 pm
Basically, me and my friend Francesca have been entered for an EPQ in history, despite the fact that we're 2 years younger than anyone else taking it at the school (it's usually taken in 6th form. College to all you americans smile )

Anyway, we have been told to come up with a topic to do a 5000 word essay on. We get to take 1000 words of notes into the exam, and have 2 hours to write our 5000 words. However, here's the problem: I cant decide what topic to do! I have 3 main ideas. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. biggrin

- Che Guevara
- The Great Depression
- Hypatia of Alexandria (female roman mathematician)

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. biggrin We can't do anything on Italian, Roman, British or Nazi history.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:45 am
Your project sounds interesting. what aspect of the great depression were you going to do?
It sounds a little like the extended essay I had to do (4000 words). I chose to do it on the development of the Cult of Isis in Rome. Even that was really broad so I had to narrow it down to the point when it entered Rome to when it was officially accepted.
What other requirements do you have? the no Nazis/Hitler, Robin Hood sounds like the extra requirements we were given, because everybody chooses them.
What aspect of history or society do you find most interesting. This could help you choose your question.  

creampies2135

Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff