Load problems w/ 1911 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:31 pm
I wonder...
was this one recently refinished? If so, what was it originally and what is it now?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:52 am
OberFeldwebel
I wonder...
was this one recently refinished? If so, what was it originally and what is it now?

Well, my Dad bought it in 1982, give or take a year. The gun isn't all Colt, only the slide and barrel. In fact, almost every part of it is made by a different manufacturer. It's kinda like the gunsmith was cleaning up shop and said: "Where did all this random s**t come from? Eh, just make a gun out of it and sell it." XD

The frame is made by Federal Ordnance, and we've pretty much ruled that the load problems are incurable due to the fact that the feed ramp built into the frame doesn't match up well enough with the barrel, which doesn't even have a ramp.

I think a last ditch effort at this point would be to take a file to the frame and see how flush I can get it with the barrel, I think that might help, but it's irreversible so I'm a little reluctant to try it. I'll take some pictures later on and post them.  

Cleveland Steamroller

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:11 pm
Cleveland Steamroller
OberFeldwebel
I wonder...

Well, my Dad bought it in 1982, give or take a year. The gun isn't all Colt, only the slide and barrel. In fact, almost every part of it is made by a different manufacturer. It's kinda like the gunsmith was cleaning up shop and said: "Where did all this random s**t come from? Eh, just make a gun out of it and sell it." XD

The frame is made by Federal Ordnance, and we've pretty much ruled that the load problems are incurable due to the fact that the feed ramp built into the frame doesn't match up well enough with the barrel, which doesn't even have a ramp.

I think a last ditch effort at this point would be to take a file to the frame and see how flush I can get it with the barrel, I think that might help, but it's irreversible so I'm a little reluctant to try it. I'll take some pictures later on and post them.

I would go and see how much a slide and barrel for a Federal Ordnance costs.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff