Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 03 One-on-One RPs
Searching for Partners

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-TrystOfLyfe-

Dapper Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:18 pm
If I was roleplaying with you in this guild and never replied, there are two chances - I dropped you, or I stopped replying because I lost internet over summer. If you want, you can PM me asking what happened.

Hello, there.

I'll be brutally honest, just because I'm not a fluffy person to people I've just met, and I'd hate to lull you into false security.

I'm Firaa. You may call me Firaa, Tryst, Fie, anything you'd like as long as it's not degrading.

My age isn't important, as far as I'm concerned, just know I've been roleplaying for eight years.

My post range from a one-liner of dialogue (don't give me any s**t that you can't work off of it, some of the best moments can be off of one line without the character moving or having some deep insight. I'll only give you this if it's a good moment, though) to three paragraphs. Any more, and I feel like I'm just rambling. Feel free to give me any length of post, as long as I can reply. This normally falls within a one-two paragraph range.

Please type out your words and make it readable. Hell, run it through a spell-checker if you think your spelling is atrocious (Firefox comes with one built it). I don't want to spend time decoding each of your posts. I will drop you if it happens too often.

I drop without warning. Sorry, I know that irks a lot of people, but I do. I don't have the patience to type out an apology that I'm bored, only to have the other person try to guilt/convince me. It doesn't necessarily mean I didn't like you, or the roleplay, just that I got bored. And I bore easily. You're free to do the same to me - I promise I won't stalk you down.

So please, please, please, draw me into the world we're writing up. I can't stress this enough. I've seen enough roleplays that if you don't throw in something surprising, I'll probably get bored. I'll try not to, but no promises.

Though, if I don't respond promptly, that doesn't mean I dropped the RP. Right now, I'm having a hectic life, and sometimes cannot get to the computer to spend time responding to something not real. I will try to let you know, but I cannot always. Just don't be too surprised if you don't hear from me for a week and suddenly, I'm back.

As far as limits go, gore and language - I don't care. Go for it. As long as it has a purpose. I don't want someone's head exploding for no better reason than to fill a paragraph or two. Similarly, if it doesn't fit the situation, don't have your character constantly swearing like a highschooler. It's annoying, and my character will chew yours out for not having a full vocabulary. =3 (Please tell me YOUR limits on these things. I'd hate to personally offend someone.)

For romance though, I love it, but I don't like the sweaty consummation bit as much. Not unless we know each other very well, and I doubt that. Our characters can have sex if it comes to that (casual or not, I don't care, some of my men are willing to fall into bed with anyone) but we'll fade to the aftermath if it's important, or the next time they're coherent, if not.

OoC Chat. I love it. It'll keep me interested too, and I do like getting to know my partners. It's the way I can stop being short with you, and start being your friend. I've continued to be friends with some people that our roleplays stopped ages ago.

As far as characters go - I create them cold. I don't use profiles, though I am guilty of recycling names. They tend to be male, despite my personal plumbing. I do this because unlike my girl characters, they tend to be individuals and not cookie cutouts of my first original character. I will play females though. Just don't be scared off that I'm a girl that plays guys - it's no different than roleplaying with a guy, I promise.

I don't expect you to double unless it's necessary to the plot, and I hope you don't expect me to, either. (To me, doubling is having more than one MAIN character. We will share the responsibility of having minor characters to move along plot)

As far as plots go, I'm willing to play it cold anymore. We pick a pairing (sometimes, not even that, just a location or time period) and one of us starts off. No preparation, nothing. I have a list of pairings I like, but really, I'm sick of playing off of my plots. Tell me if you have any you want to try though.

I really only want to play in Medieval/Fantasy. An Alternate world, preferably, because I am lazy and don't care for historical/geographical accuracy.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:19 pm
Congratulations on making it this far. I'm proud, because most people wouldn't. If you skipped straight to this, thinking I'm your typical roleplayer, I suggest you go back. Or you're in for a rude awakening. =3

As for preset pairings, here are some off the top of my head.

Outlaw x Outlaw/Guard/InnocentBystander/Victim
Guard x Guard/RoyalFamily/Peasant/Charge
BountyHunter x Rival/Partner/Target/Employer
TreasureHunter x Rival/Partner/Employer/Explorer
Royal x Servant/Royal/Kidnapper
Angel x Demon/Angel/Human
Demon x Demon/Human
MilitaryCommander x Rival Country Commander/Lower Ranking Soldier/ Royal
Assassin x Assassin/Target/Employer
Prisoner (can be innocent, guilty, on death row... etc.) x Guard/Cell Mate/ A Visitor of someone else

Etc. Etc. Etc. (As you can see, I'm up to pretty much anything)

I roleplay mostly over PMs but if you can convince me, I have AIM and MSN.

Post either here or over PM. (I don't understand the people who 'don't notice' posts on their board)

-TrystOfLyfe-

Dapper Member

03 One-on-One RPs

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces