Ugh. It's getting old fast

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Koneko Tsukino

Sparkly Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:39 pm
I'm hating the event right now because in EVERY base, there is a thread that is bashing Twilight! I'm getting sick of it.
It feels like everywhere I go someone is bashing it. It's not going to change my opinion but I just want to strangle them. Honestly, stop making fifty threads about how much you hate it! And true, there are a bunch loving Twilight, but I think even that is annoying. People need to get original and just do one thread about it.
I just can't stand it anymore. I remember this with Harry Potter, too. Why can't people just leave books alone? Sure, everyone is entitled to their opnions, but stop posting it EVERYWHERE.

evil

Anyone else notice this, too? Am I the only one?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:40 pm
I haven't done any event stuff.
I don't know if I even will. It's kind of a pain in the a**.

Anyways, I know how you feel. Just because you create ten thousands threads about how much you hate it, doesn't mean anyone's opinion is going to change. You're just going to be joined by some really, upset, annoying fan girls and some more people who hate it and you can all just have a fun trashing the book. It's not like you and your angry friends are going to make any difference.

Yeah, it makes me pretty angry too. Like why do you care so much? It's like that one thread here, "Too Many People Are Reading Twilight", it does not affect you in any way how many people are reading Twilight, or how many people like it, so why does it even matter so much to you? It has zero affect on you. ZERO.

And if it gets people reading, thats a good thing. We should be happy that Stephenie has created something that so many people enjoy, that it tears us away from the T.V., and gets people doing something more intelligent. And if people fall in love with reading through Twilight, then that's just more positive side affects.

All those are probably written my some stupid in-transition teens, wanting to be original by 'fighting the establishment'. Little do they know that they're just as unoriginal as we are! Haha, looks like a double-edged sword to me, In-Transition Teens!

.Bucket.of.Joy.

~I Love Mr Walrus~

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:31 pm
Yeah. It's sad though cos most of them haven't even read the book. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:32 pm
I agree. Love it or hate it, but don't make too much of a deal about it.

I love Twilight so, admittedly, at times I flip out and get all excited and hyper and blah blah blah, but at least I don't make twelve threads about it, or post twenty blogs, or something. *shrugs*

Mrs Joe Trohman

xXTwilight4LifeXx

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:15 am
It is irking me.

There was one topic in the vampire faction that said that "the only people in this faction are either Twilight-Loving N00bs or Twilight-Hating N00bs"

I waned to rip that person's indecrine system out of their body!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:38 pm
Actually, in the elf faction, I made a topic on "To all twilight book haters..."

And guess what? I asked them why they hate the book, and most of them said:

-I hate the fangirls, they creep me out.
-I read a bad review about it, so I'm just gonna assume it's bad and not read it.
-Sparkly vampires are stupid. I want more bloodshed, and gore.

Ridiculous, isn't it?  

WineChan

WineChan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:44 pm
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/dark-elf-home-base/to-all-twilight-book-haters/t.44665153_1/

Here's rhe link if you want to see it, but I think you have to be an elf to get in.

But anyway, so far, I only found one single rational response on why they hate twilight. -__-
ANd that person said that after they read BD, they threw all of the twilight books away; I find that on only "rational" response, except for throwing the books away...La tua Cantante.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:29 pm
Yes, most of the people dont even bother reading the book. -.- Talk about judging a book by its cover..  

La Beaute

Koneko Tsukino

Sparkly Hoarder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:19 pm
I once ranted about it for so long because the discussion was whether or not people liked it.
Honestly, I can see why some people don't like it. Stephenie does tend to repeat herself, but it's told from Bella's point of view, and who here doesn't repeat themselves all the time? Especially in their thoughts! If any of those people gave The Host a try, they'd see probably a drastically different author in the way she approached that book. Wanda never really repeats herself because she and Mel are kinda living on a day-to-day basis. The Host was a fantastic book and it makes me sad that some people aren't giving it a chance.
Also, I think Stephenie was brave to step away from the streotypical vampire. So many people bash about how Stephenie created 'sterotypical' characters, especially in the Cullens, but at least they're not the same vamps we've read about for centuries. There is no 100%, hard copy rule that says all vampires must look this way, act this way, and do this only when this happens. You know? Ugh.
Some people do make valid arguments and those I don't mind. I'll actually listen and maybe even agree on some points (like, no offense or anything, but they did fall in love too fast. I like that in Midnight Sun (I couldn't resist. And since Stephenie put it there, I felt better about it) we get to see Edward's point of view of it, but still, I would have liked to see them develop more. That's just me, though) It's the whole "This book is for idiots and teenyboppers who can't read a decent book" and "I hate Twilight even though I never read it" thing that pisses me off.
Stoopid people. sad  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:19 pm
Koneko Tsukino
I once ranted about it for so long because the discussion was whether or not people liked it.
Honestly, I can see why some people don't like it. Stephenie does tend to repeat herself, but it's told from Bella's point of view, and who here doesn't repeat themselves all the time? Especially in their thoughts! If any of those people gave The Host a try, they'd see probably a drastically different author in the way she approached that book. Wanda never really repeats herself because she and Mel are kinda living on a day-to-day basis. The Host was a fantastic book and it makes me sad that some people aren't giving it a chance.
Also, I think Stephenie was brave to step away from the streotypical vampire. So many people bash about how Stephenie created 'sterotypical' characters, especially in the Cullens, but at least they're not the same vamps we've read about for centuries. There is no 100%, hard copy rule that says all vampires must look this way, act this way, and do this only when this happens. You know? Ugh.
Some people do make valid arguments and those I don't mind. I'll actually listen and maybe even agree on some points (like, no offense or anything, but they did fall in love too fast. I like that in Midnight Sun (I couldn't resist. And since Stephenie put it there, I felt better about it) we get to see Edward's point of view of it, but still, I would have liked to see them develop more. That's just me, though) It's the whole "This book is for idiots and teenyboppers who can't read a decent book" and "I hate Twilight even though I never read it" thing that pisses me off.
Stoopid people. sad

Amen.  

xXTwilight4LifeXx

xXserenitys-smileXx

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:33 am
I really don't get it. I understand people want to express their opinions and want to find people to agree with them. But not 5 times on 1 ******** page.

And then I'd see people say... FINALLY SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS!!
And then the next two threads I go on; ALLELUIA! FINALLY SOMONE SEES THE LIGHT. or WOW, I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE!

... keep in mind, this was said by the same person.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:35 am
xXTwilight4LifeXx
Koneko Tsukino
Stoopid people. sad

Amen.

Agree on the; I hate the book when I've never read it.  

xXserenitys-smileXx

Aquarian Shadow

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:19 pm
I know what you mean. One day in English class I had finished my work early and was reading Twilight when the teacher and a bunch of her mini clone students came and started bashing it. My teacher ranted about how it was below my reading level and my IQ was dropping as a result of reading by, I quote " That fantasy vampire trash" HER WORDS, NOT MINE!True I normally read thicker "more adult" books when I have the time but they are also fantasy, which according to that teacher also rots the brain when I "should be reading and writing about the real world" if I want to write. This teacher called LotR garbage and discarded our school library copies of it and was angry when a teacher bought the Twilight sega for the school. I asked her why she hated it so much and she said she'd never read it but it was unhealthy to promote fantasy stories.

This teacher recently left our school and on the day she left several members of the library club held and celebration with pizza and ice cream in the courtyard while they read passages from their favorite books.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:17 pm
Oh, I totally noticed that. Everyone was hating on Twilight and the Vampire base was the worse...almost every other thread was a hate thread. People need to learn to grow up and be mature.  

covo

xXserenitys-smileXx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:58 pm
Aquarian Shadow
I know what you mean. One day in English class I had finished my work early and was reading Twilight when the teacher and a bunch of her mini clone students came and started bashing it. My teacher ranted about how it was below my reading level and my IQ was dropping as a result of reading by, I quote " That fantasy vampire trash" HER WORDS, NOT MINE!True I normally read thicker "more adult" books when I have the time but they are also fantasy, which according to that teacher also rots the brain when I "should be reading and writing about the real world" if I want to write. This teacher called LotR garbage and discarded our school library copies of it and was angry when a teacher bought the Twilight sega for the school. I asked her why she hated it so much and she said she'd never read it but it was unhealthy to promote fantasy stories.

This teacher recently left our school and on the day she left several members of the library club held and celebration with pizza and ice cream in the courtyard while they read passages from their favorite books.

God, i pity you girl.  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff