Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who would/are you voting for?
  Obama
  McCain
  Hate them both
  I don't live in the US and don't follow the politics.
View Results

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:13 pm
dragontamer363
I've no idea who stands for what in ameircan politics. But i never relaised that a donkey and an elephant were symbols of political parties
*snerk*

The symbol for Republicans used to be an eagle and the symbol for democrats was a rooster.

The elephant was used in the following political cartoon.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The reason for the donkey? Andrew Jackson was referred to as a Jack a** by his opponents. So he adopted it.

"Democrats today say the donkey is smart and brave, while Republicans say the elephant is strong and dignified."

I think I prefer the birds, though.

Stupid quote coding is broken.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:35 pm
Quote:
It;d be cool if Obama won, just to see the reaction (and sadly how long until he's inevitably assasinated). sad but true.

I was thinking the same thing.... most of the time its democrats that are assasinated.... sad
It's terrible....  

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Flyentologist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:54 pm
The ignorance is astounding. Left and right, I hear people saying things that are entirely untrue, whether it be about the candidates, or the election process itself.

Nobody knows anything, and that highly disturbs me that these people are registered voters.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:35 pm
That's politics for ya. neutral  

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Evil Pillows

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:17 pm
Obama won! whee  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:11 pm
Evil Pillows beat me to it.

Obama just won.

The theory I've heard with the presidents is Obama will be assasinated and McCain is just going to drop dead one day because he's so old so it really depends on the VPs.

The ignorance does bother me though. I don't really know politics and though I should be better informed atleast I'm not old enough to vote. When I become old enough to vote I'll actually research the candidates and follow politics better so I, hopefully, don't add the the ignorance.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

Evil Pillows

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:25 pm
Zizzykitty
Evil Pillows beat me to it.

Obama just won.

Lawl xd Everyone is going crazy in my dorm. whee  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:20 pm
I cried happy tears and yelled a lot and woke up my parents. This is a happy happy night for me.

Also really happy that Obama says he wants to work with McCain. Exactly what I wanted to hear (now make it happen, man!)

Am I the only one that's actually excited to see what kind of puppy his little girls get? I love dogs, I want the First Puppy to be a cute one. biggrin  

palindrome88

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:15 am
I can't say that obama winning wasn't predictable...  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:22 am
lol Everyone stayed up so late yesterday to watch it! (From work! Even my parents. ^^)  

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:34 am
Yeah, Obama winning was pretty predictable.

I am glad they said they will be working together though. They both appeared to have great ideas and with them working together it would make a great team.

I did like McCain's speech after finding out he'd lost too. It was almost more like he was just gracefully stepping down and letting Obama take the lead since he'd lost and said he'd help Obama in any way he could.

This is a great milestone to have an african american president. I'm honestly relieved Hilary didn't get the nomination back in whenever they gave them. I do not like her, at all. I didn't know her politics but from what I'd seen of her speeches she seemed really fake to me, like she didn't really care about the country, she just wanted to be the first female president.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:18 pm
I was very happy that Obama won. I feel great that all of us are apart of this history that has happened.  

Paine_Lovely128

600 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

AdrianaKitten

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:51 am
Paine_Lovely128
I was very happy that Obama won. I feel great that all of us are apart of this history that has happened.

I completely agree. My bd was in the crowd he spoke to and had me o the phone which didn't really work out but at least he took pics. I was jumping for joy and dancing with the baby when I saw it on the telly. I'm even happier that he immediately set to work. Makes me optimistic. whee
Ah and thank you Dorknus for the history report. sweatdrop

*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces