Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Interesting Mythology Site

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RubyLight

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:32 pm
http://www.godchecker.com/
I found this interesting site that has all sorts of information on gods and goddesses from around the world including ancient civilizations. I thought it was rather neat.

What do you think?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:50 pm
Oh, I LOVE Godchecker. It's the first place I go to check stuff wink And surprisingly it often has more info than pantheon.org. They're fun and irreverent so you can't take them entirely seriously but they also often have some really good info. Apparently they really do their digging.

I also recommend the Theoi Project for Greek and Roman deities, demigods and spirits. Absolutely fantastic site loaded with primary sources. Seriously, I wish there was one of these for every pantheon.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:30 pm
I like that site too. I know quite a few people who use it. (as well as the ones that San-chan mentioned).  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:32 pm
Ah, it is indeed a decent site. I wish they had more detailed information and such, but they can only do so much after all. They're sort of sound byte descriptions of divinities most of the time and written in a trivializing sort of style. Not that this is bad; I find it quite amusing at times and very cute! Often a good starting point for looking into various pantheons. biggrin  

Starlock

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games