Submit

gold
  is good
View Results

Aqua Anjel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:07 pm
I don't know how many of you read the EW interview but here's a link

EW interview

And I don't think we broke her spirit but i think as fans we're really worn her out. lol. I kind of feel bad for her. I know she's not depressed or anything, but i get the feeling after reading the interview that we hurt her feelings a lot over the past year. She has really put herself out there and I have seen a lot of negativity regarding the movie, Breaking Dawn, the anger after Midnight sun was released and she said she didn't want to write it anymore, ect. Lots of backlash even though a lot of things were going on...

Who thinks so?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:32 pm
poor stephanie. i wish i can send her a fruit basket the size of a table.  

SOM3BODii TOLD M3

Dine with the Damned

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:19 pm
TWO YEARS FOR MIDNIGHT SUN?!!? NOOOO!!!

my god! thats my favorite book. i cant live that long without it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:26 pm
wow....i feel really bad...  

O r c h i d a c e o u s

Princess Madoushi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:34 am
Yeah me too, i mean i get stressed about having to much homework, i can only imagine what she feels like. I mean she has the world on her back, and all we kids have are a few teachers! sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:06 am
wow i feel really bad. i cant belive her fans would do that to her. if you did that you not a turn fan. and i cant belive be have to wati two years for midnight sun. man now i feel really bad  

Lady Brie

covo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:01 am
Well I think it's a little too harsh to say that we all broke her spirit, but I definitely feel that there is a small group of individuals that have gone too far. One thing you have to keep in mind is that everything in life has it's extremes, most people fall in the middle and are normal but there are always a few at the edges that go too far or take things too seriously. I applaud Meyer for her handling of the extremes, it takes a strong person to face some of those crazy and hurtful people.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:00 pm
Stephenie is an author. Here's a little known fact: authors have to have thick skin. Why? Because your work is going to be rejected left and right. When I was thinking of having my work published, my English teacher advised me to prepare myself. If you're going to get your work published, you have to be prepared for rejection, even if your work does end up being published, because not everyone is going to love your work. The entire Twilight series have all been New York Times' best sellers, which is more than most authors can hope for. She should be a little more grateful to her fans.  

Spring and Summer

xXTwilight4LifeXx

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:04 pm
Amen. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:18 pm
I don't think we've broken her spirit, I just think that we may have taken it a little too far.

I mean, think about it, there's a "Breaking Dawn Epic Fail Petition" in the Breaking Dawn sub-forum. Isn't that a little extreme? Everyone who signed that seriously needs to get a life. Do you think that it's going to change anything? It's like Stephenie said, although it's fiction, it's like history. Do you think that just because one group of people who, lets say, lost a war started complaining and make a huge petition, that all of a sudden the world will some together and say "Okay, okay, because you have eight billion signatures on this petition, we'll just pretend you won." No that would never happen, why? Because it didn't happen that way. Those people didn't win. A petition isn't going to change it. And as much as those people hate how Breaking Dawn happened, their petition isn't going to change anything. You can't just pretend that Bella won't get pregnant because that's not how it happened.

And we do tend to hold her to things. Everyones like "she's going to write this" or "she's going to write that." We really need to leave the poor woman alone for a while. Seriously. Let her write what she feels like writing and don't judge her too harshly. If you don't like it, that's nice for you, move on don't make a big deal about it, if you like it, great, but don't smother her. Don't beg her for more, because we all know everything gets done better when you're not under too much stress and pressure.

From now on, lets all just let the chips fall where they may.
If she does decide to finish Midnight Sun, that's great, but if she doesn't, lets all move on.
And please stop hating on Breaking Dawn.

Remember:

If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

.Bucket.of.Joy.

WineChan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:19 pm
.Bucket.of.Joy.
I don't think we've broken her spirit, I just think that we may have taken it a little too far.

I mean, think about it, there's a "Breaking Dawn Epic Fail Petition" in the Breaking Dawn sub-forum. Isn't that a little extreme? Everyone who signed that seriously needs to get a life. Do you think that it's going to change anything? It's like Stephenie said, although it's fiction, it's like history. Do you think that just because one group of people who, lets say, lost a war started complaining and make a huge petition, that all of a sudden the world will some together and say "Okay, okay, because you have eight billion signatures on this petition, we'll just pretend you won." No that would never happen, why? Because it didn't happen that way. Those people didn't win. A petition isn't going to change it. And as much as those people hate how Breaking Dawn happened, their petition isn't going to change anything. You can't just pretend that Bella won't get pregnant because that's not how it happened.

And we do tend to hold her to things. Everyones like "she's going to write this" or "she's going to write that." We really need to leave the poor woman alone for a while. Seriously. Let her write what she feels like writing and don't judge her too harshly. If you don't like it, that's nice for you, move on don't make a big deal about it, if you like it, great, but don't smother her. Don't beg her for more, because we all know everything gets done better when you're not under too much stress and pressure.

From now on, lets all just let the chips fall where they may.
If she does decide to finish Midnight Sun, that's great, but if she doesn't, lets all move on.
And please stop hating on Breaking Dawn.

Remember:

If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.
Also, I'd like to say something about your last statement: there are MANY people in this guild who have said horrible things to SM, like calling her a d**k, a whimp, or other things I would not repeat. I hope you people apologize after reading that. She is not a thing, for your entertainment. She is a person. If you don't like how the story goes, then piss off.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:27 pm
We didn't break her spirit. If we did, she'd never write another book again. THAT'S called breaking her spirit.

But, because of the popularity of Twilight, people have now become too obsessed about it. But, I can understand that, because I used to be obsessed about it too. But, it's becoming so popular, there are now haters who try to critisize everything about twilight. One person said she doesn't want to watch the movie cause Bella has an ipod. Now, that is just ridiculous. Some of the fans are taking it too far. It's just a book, a wonderful book.

Read it or leave it.

WineChan

Aqua Anjel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:43 pm
regardless of if we actually broke her spirit, we as a fandom, like someone else said have taken some things a little too far. I'll admit, Breaking Dawn upset me and I don't think i was too mean like a lot of people saying things ABOUT Stephenie. Even though she's an author and "has to have think skin" doesn't mean she does. if thousands of people stated talking s**t about you publicly, that would really hurt your feelings. I don't care who you are, no one wants to have constant backlash.

I guess my whole point is she's had a tough year and I think it's about time we cut her a little slack. But i think most people on this guild has been positive, it's just everywhere else i see mean spirited things.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:52 am
I really pity Stephenie.
She worked so hard on that book and people had to destroy it.
But I really hope she won't stop writing it.
She knows that she have good fans out there waiting for her book to be released.  

Etzlenos Belliveau

Dapper Phantom

Kayu Ryukai

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:21 pm
I personally liked all of the books. None disappointing. SM has a life too, and its not fair that people have been bashing her because of what happened in her books that they disliked. Note to those people who do bash SM, I'd like to see you try and write a series of books and see how much people bash you.  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games