Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply General Debate Forum
The space Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

You belive in aliens?
  No
  Yes
  Yes and No
View Results

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:15 am
divineseraph

What is this "Confusion" of which you speak? Do you assume that if we're not all facing Mecca, we won't remember who God is, or pray to some other god?

Firstly No Muslim can forget or get confused over who is his God when he is praying, yes we say in our prayers that ALLAH is the only creator and Mohammad (peace be upon him) is his last messenger, its the connection between us and our God.

Now the confusion part, its merely about confusion but unity,
The confusion would be rather creation of more racism between people, for example if there was no specific direction of praying my ancestors would have created a culture of praying facing NW and others to S, W and so on...

divineseraph
Technically, since the earth is round, if you pray in any direction aside from perfectly south or perfectly north, your line of sight will eventually reach Mecca.

And WHY must Muslims be forced to worship God in the same way? If God is truly as great and infinite as you say, why can't people worship Him in a multitude of ways? He wants people, not machines.

It will, but as i said its about giving a great example of unity, today people stand together may they be rich, poor, white, black, tall, short and what ever the differences may be they stand ALL TOGETHER in the same row in front of their god.  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:21 am
DIVINE AND TASSAN, GET A TOPIC razz GET THE **** OUTTA THIS PEACEFUL TOPIC rofl  

The_Pathan
Captain

divineseraph

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:46 pm
tassan
divineseraph

What is this "Confusion" of which you speak? Do you assume that if we're not all facing Mecca, we won't remember who God is, or pray to some other god?

Firstly No Muslim can forget or get confused over who is his God when he is praying, yes we say in our prayers that ALLAH is the only creator and Mohammad (peace be upon him) is his last messenger, its the connection between us and our God.

Now the confusion part, its merely about confusion but unity,
The confusion would be rather creation of more racism between people, for example if there was no specific direction of praying my ancestors would have created a culture of praying facing NW and others to S, W and so on...

divineseraph
Technically, since the earth is round, if you pray in any direction aside from perfectly south or perfectly north, your line of sight will eventually reach Mecca.

And WHY must Muslims be forced to worship God in the same way? If God is truly as great and infinite as you say, why can't people worship Him in a multitude of ways? He wants people, not machines.

It will, but as i said its about giving a great example of unity, today people stand together may they be rich, poor, white, black, tall, short and what ever the differences may be they stand ALL TOGETHER in the same row in front of their god.

Or... They could just pray whichever damned way they want. There doesn't NEED to be a direction. This is why I dislike organized religion- People miss the big points over stupid things like which direction to face or the color of skin or preference in sexual activity.

Even homosexuals and women? And what if they choose to have gay sex or not wear their oppressive garb? Do they still deserve unity under God? I would say so. And I also think that it's irrelevant in which direction people pray. What if someone wants to pray to the north for the electromagnetic poles?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:57 am
I don't believe in aliens, and I hadn't read the whole Qur'an( I am now biggrin )
but i'm pretty sure there wasn't anything mentioned in it about aliens, and I think who ever invented that stuff must have been not very wise...
But I do think that there must be some other kind of life on some planet not too far from Earth that are different than us, but that's just me...  

Aphrodite Jr

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Aphrodite Jr

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:59 am
Aphrodite Jr
I don't believe in aliens, and I hadn't read the whole Qur'an( I am now biggrin )
but i'm pretty sure there wasn't anything mentioned in it about aliens, and I think who ever invented that stuff must have been not very wise...
But I do think that there must be some other kind of life on some planet not too far from Earth that are different than us, but that's just me...

oops, did I post in the wrong place?  
General Debate Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces