What do you do?
  Right
  Left
  Ambidexterous
View Results

VampressLeona

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:43 pm
Zizzykitty
Most appear to be stronger with the right.

My uncle was left-handed but my grandma made him switch to right because of superstition too and she thought it was "the wrong way to write" or something like that.

I've also heard the leftys die earlier than right handed people too.

You can also train yourself to be ambidexterous if you really want to be. Even ones who are just naturally tend to have a hand they prefer I've read. Try switching your mouse to the left side of your computer and see what happens. I've been using the mouse on the left for the past two days and really, I didn't notice it that much. I just have to remember to reach for it on the left instead of the right.

the reason left handed people may die earlier is that a large percentage of left handed people die from using objects made for right handed people  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:56 pm
VampressLeona
Zizzykitty
Most appear to be stronger with the right.

My uncle was left-handed but my grandma made him switch to right because of superstition too and she thought it was "the wrong way to write" or something like that.

I've also heard the leftys die earlier than right handed people too.

You can also train yourself to be ambidexterous if you really want to be. Even ones who are just naturally tend to have a hand they prefer I've read. Try switching your mouse to the left side of your computer and see what happens. I've been using the mouse on the left for the past two days and really, I didn't notice it that much. I just have to remember to reach for it on the left instead of the right.

the reason left handed people may die earlier is that a large percentage of left handed people die from using objects made for right handed people

I've read that too.

I suppose since my right is more dominant I can't imagine dying from something like that.

I suppose cars are built for right handed people so you could die from not being able to shift gears? I don't know, the mental image I keep getting is a left-handed person picking up a pair of right-handed scissors pausing for a second, then stabbing themself in the eye because it's a right handed object.

I'm sure it very rarely happens like that though.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

Flyentologist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:03 am
Is the quote code working for anybody here? Because it sure isn't for me.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:34 am
I've noticed the quote's weird, too. It shows the whole quote text going on, but it's still in normal text.  

b10n1cl3k1n6

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:53 pm
Yeah. The quote has been broken for a while, in my PMs too.

I thought it was just me for a while but then someone else mentioned the quotes being broken so I realized it wasn't.

It's starting to get really annoying though.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:35 pm
@Zizzy- haha omg that was amazing. I suppose car could work but I have been noticing that a lot of building machinery and tools are right handed...so I can see someone accidentally cutting their hands or something off and bleeding to death because they did not know how to adapt it to left handed working....  

VampressLeona

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:29 pm
VampressLeona
@Zizzy- haha omg that was amazing. I suppose car could work but I have been noticing that a lot of building machinery and tools are right handed...so I can see someone accidentally cutting their hands or something off and bleeding to death because they did not know how to adapt it to left handed working....

Yeah, I can see how that works.

Atleast you can still save people whether you're right handed or left. I learned CPR in Anatomy and if you're left handed you just go to the other side of the person that you want your hand on and it works.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:41 pm
lol Oh yeah thats one good example...driving a car. Actually I just noticed I like to switch my hands and I can drive with either actually. ^_^'
Since I typically drive with only one hand I sometimes prefer to stare the wheels with my left hand but at times I use my right so there's no preference there. lol  

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas