Submit

Which are you for?
  Twilight
  Harry Potter
  I am SWITZERLAND!
View Results

Hot_Chocolate_9

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:57 pm
Well, i haven't ever thought of any book as girly... thats illiterate in my opinion. but, no i think that bella was a freakin tom boy!!! lol she was planning to go to her wedding in sweats wich is ghetto. harry potter was a really good character, but the last book harry supposedly died for the greater good. i just felt like that was out of character... where as bella, stephenie just kind of proclaimed her as the silent compassionate to me... she cares about the important things, and then the detailed ones... i could see her doing all the crap she did, but harry... going to just walk up to his death like that, i just think joe could've written it better. i felt like she rushed into his death in a way. lol but thats my opinion..  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:31 pm
How could you say that??? After all Harry went through! The entire chapter he was walking to his death I was sobbing my eyes out! Bella is too silent so that whenever she does act it seems to be over exagerated to me.

Harry would die for the greater good, that IS his character! lol my goodness do you not know Harry Potter? or am I one of the only people who reread the series over and over again till they know everything there is to know? lol Joe wrote it amazingly! and his death was exactly the way it was suppose to be.

Stephanie write for the older group which is why its harder for me to read Harry Potter now... Its too simple. I enjoy Stephanies books becuase i'm able to understand what shes writing without her having to be so blunt. And she is completely original.. But i havent read enough books to see anyone else out there with her vampires....  

SOM3BODii TOLD M3

Angels_can_fly2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:38 pm
User Image
I could never compare the two series! They are so different from each other, and I read them at different times in my life, so it's kind of like they are on two separate planes in my life.

I've been with Harry since it first came out when I was in 3rd grade. I've re-read them each too many times to count, and I love them to death. I never thought they were childish, but maybe that's because I read them when I was still a little kid. As they matured, I matured, so it didn't seem like that big of a change. Harry had my heart first, and I don't think I will ever find something to replace it. They're the books that made me love to read, and I have so many memories with them that I could never compare it to anything else.

Twilight I didn't read until after Harry had finished, and I felt kind of empty after so many years of anticipating a new book. So when I read them, I really got into them and tried to find out as much as I could about the series and the author. But I wasn't as emotionally attached to the characters as I was in Harry, so it was really different.

Anyways, both series are amazing. =D
User Image

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas