Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Telepathic abilities

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Clair Fay

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:57 pm
We've all seen those shows with the person who has amazing telepathic abilities. Most of us tend to say that it's either extreemely advanced psychic powers or just plain fiction. Personally, I think it to be the former, and I have never envied those people, fictional or not.

Problem is, I'm developing them. I don't WANT them (it's horrible hearing people's thoughts! Especially since almost all of them are those negative ones we don't want to say). It's making a bit of an impact on my life too. I now hate being around most of my male coworkers because every time I'm around them, I get flashes of them doing things to me I really don't want to know about. One man in particular. Especially since, as of late, the thought of anyone but my beloved doing anything sexual to me gets me almost sick to my stomach or just plain upsets me to where I'm struck speechless with disgust for a few minutes. At school I hear all these thoughts, regarding me and not.

It helps sometimes when I'm councelling people, but other than that it's just a pain. Does anyone have any idea as to how I can turn the power down on this thing, at least at work?

And before you say it's all in my head, I've tested it out with a friend of mine. I got it right every time.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:49 pm
perhaps shielding would help? putting up an energetic armour around you to block out the thoughts?  

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100

mechanical kitsy
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:27 pm
i dunno...
practice creating a barrier around you. it's simple. visualize energy making a solid barrier all around you, like a bubble. i think thats called a psychic barrier or something.
meditate more until you learn how to turn it down/off/whatever.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:10 am
As both above me have said, a barrier would work - sometimes all you can do is learn to block it yourself, though. Not exactly using a magickal barrier, but a mental one. When images come to you that you do not want to see, push them out and away while thinking of the task at hand or something that takes complete control of your mind (such as your loved one.) Mm... I'll have to look for more answers ;o;.  

MiladyMidnight

Clair Fay

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:41 am
Thanks you all. While barriers aren't exactly my strength (I generally only put them up when I feel in danger, and even then I don't try, I just suddenly feel it pop up), I'll try to work on it. In the mean time though, the loved one idea is good. That is definitely a can-do.

Note to self: Distract myself even more with thoughts of my beloved.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:40 am
Well, if you've really gotten it right every time, I suggest you go give James Randi a call right now. And I mean *right now.* A million dollars is waiting for you. If you can prove it to HIM, then I'll believe you. Otherwise, I'm sticking with 'it is most likely all in your head and if you want to get rid of it, stop believing it it.'  

Starlock

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:09 pm
barriers are good things indeed.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:58 pm
Quote:
Well, if you've really gotten it right every time, I suggest you go give James Randi a call right now. And I mean *right now.* A million dollars is waiting for you. If you can prove it to HIM, then I'll believe you. Otherwise, I'm sticking with 'it is most likely all in your head and if you want to get rid of it, stop believing it it.'

>_> Maybe it's just my personal philosophy, but using my gifts to make money... well s**t, I might as well be a child prostitute again. Other than that, I figure if you don't believe something, you won't believe it until certain circumstances proove you wrong, and even then it's an IF you happen upon those circumstances. I'm not about to fight it unless insulted, and even then it's iffy.  

Clair Fay

wicca_for_life14

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:42 am
i know exactly how you feel i hate it when i get sudden flashes of what people are thinking. i just try to ignore them most of the time or if you can get an ipod out and start listening to music. start meditating more and get your abilitys strong enough just to block them out  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:36 am
music has always been very beneficial for me so perhaps that could work?  

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games