Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is this topic random or what?!
  Yes
  No
  HELL YEAH!
  Actually...I had ideas like this too....
  POLL WHORE
  WTF!?
View Results

Spring and Summer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:49 pm
_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

I agree on that one.

Just because they don't hunt humans they can smell their blood and hear their pulse. It'd screw HP over any day unless they some how figured out how to muffle their heartbeat.
Not to mention the vampires have super sensitive hearing, they'd be able to hear their breathing too.

(and think of it this way, I'm a much bigger HP fan than Twilight and I can still agree that the vampires would probably win)

There's a moment you know...

Listen very, very, carefully, okay?
THE. VAMPIRES. DON'T. HUNT. HUMANS. SO. EVEN. THOUGH. THEY. CAN. SMELL. HUMAN. SCENTS. IT. WOULD. BE. IRRELEVANT.
I. NEVER. SAID. THAT. THEY. COULDN'T. SMELL. BLOOD.
AM. I. MAKING. THIS. CLEAR. ENOUGH?

...You're ********>  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:58 pm
x_Clairvoyant_x
I Kai Kai I
uhm, learn to think?

remember the part where bella cut her finger and jasper almost kills her?

that seemed pretty ******** relevant to the fact they smell human blood.

they choose to not hunt humans, that doesnt mean they dont have the capacity.

Again, I never said they can't smell blood, stupid. I said that they don't hunt humans, so even though they can smell a human scent, it is irrelevant.
That was because she actually exposed blood, making the scent much stronger. Jasper doesn't just go around attacking people everytime he smells their scent.
If the wizard was hurt and bleeding, that's a different story. Assuming they aren't, the wizards could easily pose a sneak attack against the vampires, even if the vampire smells them, because, again, it would be irrelevant, because the vampires don't hunt humans.

...You're ******** class="clear">

We all understand what you're saying, but you are missing a very important point. It is not a irrelevant point because we are in a fighting situation. We are pitting one against another regardless of personal choices.

Just because they choose not to hunt humans does not mean they cannot. If it all came down to either kill a human or die yourself, I'm pretty sure they would all kill the human. And I don't think we're speaking in the case that the vampires were wandering around and the wizards snuck up behind and got them. I think we are speaking about a case in which they both know they are fighting each other. In which case, it would be impossible for any of the wizards to win. They would never be able to actually hit any of the vampires let alone even finish speaking a spell before they killed them. The vampires are too quick and too strong.

.Bucket.of.Joy.

Spring and Summer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:55 pm
.Bucket.of.Joy.
We all understand what you're saying, but you are missing a very important point. It is not a irrelevant point because we are in a fighting situation. We are pitting one against another regardless of personal choices.

Just because they choose not to hunt humans does not mean they cannot. If it all came down to either kill a human or die yourself, I'm pretty sure they would all kill the human. And I don't think we're speaking in the case that the vampires were wandering around and the wizards snuck up behind and got them. I think we are speaking about a case in which they both know they are fighting each other. In which case, it would be impossible for any of the wizards to win. They would never be able to actually hit any of the vampires let alone even finish speaking a spell before they killed them. The vampires are too quick and too strong.

You seem to be misunderstanding the fact that I'm not referring to a situation where the vampires and wizards are standing face to face in a dueling situation. If that were the case, it would not be a fair fight, because of the vampires' speed. I'm referring to a situation where the wizards and vampires are going after each other, like in Eclipse, when the Cullen's are trying to track down Victoria.
If that were the case, I think the wizards would have a huge advantage, what with being able to make themselves untrackable, and invisible.

...You're ********>  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:04 pm
x_Clairvoyant_x
.Bucket.of.Joy.

You seem to be misunderstanding the fact that I'm not referring to a situation where the vampires and wizards are standing face to face in a dueling situation. If that were the case, it would not be a fair fight, because of the vampires' speed. I'm referring to a situation where the wizards and vampires are going after each other, like in Eclipse, when the Cullen's are trying to track down Victoria.
If that were the case, I think the wizards would have a huge advantage, what with being able to make themselves untrackable, and invisible.

Okay, I see what you're saying, but I still don't think that's the kind of situation we are talking about. The title 'who would win in a fight' implies that both parties are aware. You say it would be unfair for both parties to know they were fighting, but it would be just as unfair for one to be unaware. You cannot possibly believe that the only way this would be a 'fair' situation is if the vampires didn't know they were in a fighting situation. The title asks 'who would win in a fight', not 'who would win if the vampires didn't know they were fighting and the wizards snuck up on them'.

And Victoria knew she was boing tracked. So if we are talking about a situation similar or the same to that, then the vampires would still win. They can smell and they can hear. You need to remember that it's not just the footsteps they hear, but the air disturbed by the movement as well as the heartbeats.

And secondly, it is 100% impossible for a human to ever make themselves untraceable. The scent people leave behind is not the smell of their blood, it's the dead skin cell we leave behind. They are constantly falling off and it's not possible to make them stop. Even if they could make themselves invisible and silent the vampires would still be able to track them.

Either way, it doesn't really matter. It's not like a situation like this can ever develop anyways. Plus I know that you are not going to back down, nor am I. So all this is bringing us to is some pointless arguing in which we say the same points over and over. This is going to end up leading nowhere. I will always think the vampires will win and you will always think the wizards will.

.Bucket.of.Joy.

Spring and Summer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:32 am
.Bucket.of.Joy.

Okay, I see what you're saying, but I still don't think that's the kind of situation we are talking about. The title 'who would win in a fight' implies that both parties are aware. You say it would be unfair for both parties to know they were fighting, but it would be just as unfair for one to be unaware. You cannot possibly believe that the only way this would be a 'fair' situation is if the vampires didn't know they were in a fighting situation. The title asks 'who would win in a fight', not 'who would win if the vampires didn't know they were fighting and the wizards snuck up on them'.

And Victoria knew she was boing tracked. So if we are talking about a situation similar or the same to that, then the vampires would still win. They can smell and they can hear. You need to remember that it's not just the footsteps they hear, but the air disturbed by the movement as well as the heartbeats.

And secondly, it is 100% impossible for a human to ever make themselves untraceable. The scent people leave behind is not the smell of their blood, it's the dead skin cell we leave behind. They are constantly falling off and it's not possible to make them stop. Even if they could make themselves invisible and silent the vampires would still be able to track them.

Either way, it doesn't really matter. It's not like a situation like this can ever develop anyways. Plus I know that you are not going to back down, nor am I. So all this is bringing us to is some pointless arguing in which we say the same points over and over. This is going to end up leading nowhere. I will always think the vampires will win and you will always think the wizards will.

I never said that the vampires wouldn't know about the fight. I'm saying that it would be a situation where they would have to track each other down and fight that way.
Also, if you can't see something, it's very hard to find it, even if you can smell it or hear it extremely well. Without your eye sight, it is very hard to find anything. Just try closing your eyes and try to find something by sniffing it out. Even if the smell is very strong, you'll probably be stumbling around in the wrong direction for a bit. That would give the wizards plenty of time to cast a spell to set the vampire on fire.

...You're ********>  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:07 am
x_Clairvoyant_x
_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

I agree on that one.

Just because they don't hunt humans they can smell their blood and hear their pulse. It'd screw HP over any day unless they some how figured out how to muffle their heartbeat.
Not to mention the vampires have super sensitive hearing, they'd be able to hear their breathing too.

(and think of it this way, I'm a much bigger HP fan than Twilight and I can still agree that the vampires would probably win)

Listen very, very, carefully, okay?
THE. VAMPIRES. DON'T. HUNT. HUMANS. SO. EVEN. THOUGH. THEY. CAN. SMELL. HUMAN. SCENTS. IT. WOULD. BE. IRRELEVANT.
I. NEVER. SAID. THAT. THEY. COULDN'T. SMELL. BLOOD.
AM. I. MAKING. THIS. CLEAR. ENOUGH?

I can't even argue with you because... now i'm just getting annoyed.
your point is irrelevant to me, because it doesn't change how a vampire works, human hunter or not.

Whatever, you go ahead in what you believe and i'll stick with mine.  

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200

.Bucket.of.Joy.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:05 pm
x_Clairvoyant_x

I never said that the vampires wouldn't know about the fight. I'm saying that it would be a situation where they would have to track each other down and fight that way.
Also, if you can't see something, it's very hard to find it, even if you can smell it or hear it extremely well. Without your eye sight, it is very hard to find anything. Just try closing your eyes and try to find something by sniffing it out. Even if the smell is very strong, you'll probably be stumbling around in the wrong direction for a bit. That would give the wizards plenty of time to cast a spell to set the vampire on fire.

You seem to be largely implying that sight is the most important sense. Blind people can find their way around just fine and I'm sure that with such heightened senses it would not be difficult for the vampires to find the wizards, invisible or not.

Think about it if someone was speaking to you while your eyes were closed. You could still find them couldn't you? Plus, you would be able to easily smell their blood as well as their general scent, and hear their heartbeat and probably their breathing as well. Next, as we learned in Breaking Dawn when Bella is speaking to J. Jenk's assistant, Max I believe his name is, she can feel the heat radiating from his body. Only one of their senses is impaired. They can use the other four and it would not be difficult.

Not only can they use four out of five of the senses, but they can move extremely quickly. They would be able to hear and smell them approaching and would therefore be able to move out of range of the wizards. They're not going to just stand around if they know they're going to end stunned and on fire.

In addition, both Edward and Alice, at least, would be able to anticipate any attacks coming from the wizards due to their special abilities. And even though the others don't have that advantage, the others would still be able to anticipate any other attacks coming from the opponent.

The vampires heightened senses, strength and speed will allows them to anticipate and avoid attacks and the strength will allow them to quickly dispose of the opponent. There's no way the wizards would ever be able to win.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:32 pm
Well all the vampire characters have to do is get the wanes away form the wizards right?
The only one I think would lose is bella if she is just human...
And I agree with those that said depending on whose pissed off during that time... cheese_whine  

haloeclipse270

KissJohnnyDepp

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:21 pm
gee, that is hard, Edward is stronger but harry potter is harry potter, I mean.... come on, harry potter is the choosen one, he can never loose  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff