Welcome to Gaia! ::

Faith Black's Multi-purpose Friend Guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is a hangout for everyone on Gaia. Members are encouraged to talk about just about anything, plus, we have monthly giveaways! 

Tags: giveaway, contest, hangout, friend, game 

Reply Movies/TV/Film
Twilight Movie Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think it will be good?
  Yeah!
  Maybe....
  Nope
View Results

Matasoga

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:36 pm
Call me vain, but I couldn't bear presenting myself as the kind of person (even if it was just to one librarian, even if I'd never see him/her again. I already told you what I do know about it. Given that, even if the writing quality was unparalleled, it would not matter. I already told you what made me hate it and nothing contained within the pages could possibly even begin to make up for what the premise is. Either tell me immediately that I am wrong about the premise, or my point stands strong and valid.
Please don't missunderstand. While I do hate Edward, he isn't really my problem. What is my problem is that Meyers has no idea what the word "undead" means or entails. I could not possibly begin to view any of her "vampires" as valid, even if they did behave in a maligned manner. I hate them all on basic principle.
About The Host, unless she totally, completely 100% changed her portrayal of vampires, then I would detest it too. The next thing that I am about to say is very important, because based on your last quote, I'm beginning to think that perhaps I haven't made this clear. I have never judged her as an author. Her word-craft may be superb, her character development deep, and her plot brilliant (though I deeply doubt all of that). I have judged her as a story-teller and found her wanting. No matter how good a story you can tell, if you flagrantly disregard all that came before you, you are no story-teller. This goes far, far beyond her writing skills.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:13 am
@ Matasoga
The Host has nothing to do with Vampires. You didn't bother looking into that either, did you?
It was a little difficult to gather all that from your previous posts since you added in all sorts of "I'm right, you're wrong, blah blah blah 10 pages" mumbo jumbo. Hell, for your first post, you really only needed the first 2 paragraphs, & not the rest of the entire post. Delete everything after the word "Debate" & you might have had a pretty decent argument, but after that you just made it sound like you were, excuse my language, bitching simply for the sake of bitching.  

Treasoning4u

Matasoga

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:52 am
Treasoning4u
@ Matasoga
The Host has nothing to do with Vampires. You didn't bother looking into that either, did you?
It was a little difficult to gather all that from your previous posts since you added in all sorts of "I'm right, you're wrong, blah blah blah 10 pages" mumbo jumbo. Hell, for your first post, you really only needed the first 2 paragraphs, & not the rest of the entire post. Delete everything after the word "Debate" & you might have had a pretty decent argument, but after that you just made it sound like you were, excuse my language, bitching simply for the sake of bitching.

I've run into a lot of stupid people on Gaia. Twilight fans have hardly been an exception. Being that this was my first post in the guild, I certainly haven't gotten a feel for the place. I take the approach of prepare for the worst and hope for the best. So far as I knew this is as noxious a hive of idiocy as any place I've ever been. Fortunately, I have found that this is not the case at all and that those gathered here seem to have a pretty good grasp on debate and needed no further instructions. Had I known that, I wouldn't have bothered with that.
I thought Meyers scope a bit more limited than it evidently is. Given that she made her name on the coattails of the modern vampire and the term host can (and often does) refer to a parasitic relationship, one can hardly blame the assumption, but I am guilty of not looking any further into the matter. By all means, do enlighten me. What is it about?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:30 am
Hm. So, are we all done here, then?  

Matasoga

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

lunapinnn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:57 am
Okay so I guess I'm really late with this, but I'll give my opinion anyway. :]

The movie could've been better. I actually liked both of the actors in other movies but in Twilight they were just....awkward. I think if the acting had been better and it hadn't skipped around so much I might have liked it. Overall it's certainly not my favorite movie ever and I don't think it deserves quite as much attention as it's getting, but I don't hate it. Then again, I'm not a big fan of books made into movies anyway.

I did like the books though. I read Twilight quite a while before the movie came out... like a year before. Anyway they're not my favorite books, but the fact that they weren't terrible does make me want to see the movies a little more.

Just my opinon. Please don't take it the wrong way. :]  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:53 pm
--LuNaPiN--

The movie could've been better. I actually liked both of the actors in other movies but in Twilight they were just....awkward. I think if the acting had been better and it hadn't skipped around so much I might have liked it. Overall it's certainly not my favorite movie ever and I don't think it deserves quite as much attention as it's getting, but I don't hate it. Then again, I'm not a big fan of books made into movies anyway.

I did like the books though. I read Twilight quite a while before the movie came out... like a year before. Anyway they're not my favorite books, but the fact that they weren't terrible does make me want to see the movies a little more.

Just my opinion. Please don't take it the wrong way. :]

If I've said it once, I'll say it again: The horrible acting skills were due to the director doing a bad job, in my opinion, & I agree, it did skip around quite a bit. I have no qualms about blaming the director for that, too.  

AngeredPoet

lunapinnn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:43 am
AngeredPoet
--LuNaPiN--

Just my opinion. Please don't take it the wrong way. :]

If I've said it once, I'll say it again: The horrible acting skills were due to the director doing a bad job, in my opinion, & I agree, it did skip around quite a bit. I have no qualms about blaming the director for that, too.

It must be the director. I mean the actors were good in other moives....  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:01 pm
All I have to say that they missed some imprtatn stuff in teh movie...sure it would have been long but still....In twilight they missed Carlie's [sp?] Past which made me very upset....I say that the books are better then the moive...*sighs and shakes head*  

Yorumishi

FaithBlack
Vice Captain

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:07 am
Yorumishi
All I have to say that they missed some imprtatn stuff in teh movie...sure it would have been long but still....In twilight they missed Carlie's [sp?] Past which made me very upset....I say that the books are better then the moive...*sighs and shakes head*

They didn't miss it in the books, they just said he's too old to remember much of his past. Didn't they say that he was turned vampire before people starting counting days for calendars & whatnot? Or am I thinking of some one else?  
Movies/TV/Film

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff