Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
Who Hates the Twilight Movie? (spoilers) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

La Beaute

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:43 pm
I agree with the topic poster; the movie was not a success for me. I already knew it wasn't going to be exactly like the book, but I at least expected them to make a hell of a lot better movie. The kissing scenes: what the heck! I felt like I was watching another fiction romance movie on the Scifi channel without them having sex. Their kisses had no meaning or enough affection, it was just infatuated and "human" like. It really gave me a good laugh when I noticed that billy Black was driving when he is supposed to be paralyzed?! The meadow scene: chaos of my imagination. Good grief, Rob looked like he was sweating rather than dazzling or as one of my classmates put it "he looked like he was sprayed with body oil". No "dazzling" at all. Not to me at least, I dont know about the other people here who oppose my thinking. It also bugged me when Bella said "your skin sparkles like diamonds" (paraphrasing, but you get the meaning) when he wasn't. The last part I'm ranting about (because I want to limit myself) is Bella's human moments. Those were so cute in the book and it made Edward become more attracted to her because of her "human-ness". Especially that last part when he kissed her at the hospital in the book and her heart monitor went crazy. But yes, I loved those human scenes. I wish they made that addition! >< The only "good" scene I thought was the baseball scene.

@ Kittycharm : My cousin and his girlfriend went to see the movie (they hadn't read the book) and they thought it sucked.

Yes... so an overall scale is about 3/10  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:44 pm
La Beaute
I agree with the topic poster; the movie was not a success for me. I already knew it wasn't going to be exactly like the book, but I at least expected them to make a hell of a lot better movie. The kissing scenes: what the heck! I felt like I was watching another fiction romance movie on the Scifi channel without them having sex. Their kisses had no meaning or enough affection, it was just infatuated and "human" like. It really gave me a good laugh when I noticed that billy Black was driving when he is supposed to be paralyzed?! The meadow scene: chaos of my imagination. Good grief, Rob looked like he was sweating rather than dazzling or as one of my classmates put it "he looked like he was sprayed with body oil". No "dazzling" at all. Not to me at least, I dont know about the other people here who oppose my thinking. It also bugged me when Bella said "your skin sparkles like diamonds" (paraphrasing, but you get the meaning) when he wasn't. The last part I'm ranting about (because I want to limit myself) is Bella's human moments. Those were so cute in the book and it made Edward become more attracted to her because of her "human-ness". Especially that last part when he kissed her at the hospital in the book and her heart monitor went crazy. But yes, I loved those human scenes. I wish they made that addition! >< The only "good" scene I thought was the baseball scene.

@ Kittycharm : My cousin and his girlfriend went to see the movie (they hadn't read the book) and they thought it sucked.

OMFG LMAO! My boyfriend said the same thing! I think he said it and I thought it...Jacob's Dad driving was a huge blooper xd
Yeah I actually think that Edward looked like a huge tacky disco ball.

Evil_Dark_Kitty

La Beaute

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:00 pm
Evil_Dark_Kitty
La Beaute

OMFG LMAO! My boyfriend said the same thing! I think he said it and I thought it...Jacob's Dad driving was a huge blooper xd
Yeah I actually think that Edward looked like a huge tacky disco ball.

Yeah, the whole movie felt like a youtube video with those "special" effetcs. =/  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:30 pm
Hm..I'll admit I thought the movie was okay just not great as I thought it would be. I was disappointed as I was watching the movie because the only scene I really liked was the baseball scene.

Even with that, after I saw the crash, and everyone kept saying she hit her head when she didn't. Then the fact that they didn't get sparkly Edward right to me. sweatdrop sort of made me look as the move go down hill.  

Claire_Hiwatari

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Etzlenos Belliveau

Dapper Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:51 pm
I totally agree with you on that fact.
Catherine would had made a so much better movie.
Well, maybe it's because she had lesser time to make it but a director should have good plans which work no matter how much time they have.

When I was at the theatre that day, and when Edward showed up, no one started yelling and squeling. The only time they started shouting "WHOO-" was when Carlisle appeared...weird.
But they were annoying, especially the one sitting behind me.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:31 pm
I was upset that it was always Edward and Bella, all the time, but Bella supposedly talks to Alice to find out that she's seen Bella becoming one of them. WTF?

And, everyone's lines were cut down. > sad  

Myakachii

CiNnA vAniLLa

Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:44 pm
it had some good parts but mostly bad parts.
id have to rate it 4/10

sparkly-ness just ruined it. the way bella looked at edward. gosh, she looks constipated.
that's my case. not including the craptastic tree climbing thing.

supernatural stuff shouldn't be having low budgets. see what happens??  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:09 am
So I wen't here to confess, dear father...I hate the twilight movie whee

Ok so seriously, I really totally, utterly hated the movie. Gosh, never been so disappointed and angry in my whole life! My friends forced me to watch it, and to be honest, I still can't forgive them xp

I might be overreacting, and you might think it is weird that I almost cried when I watched it because it was so bad, but the twilight books means a lot to me. They came in to my life when I wasn't feeling that good.

Anyway, I hate the movie cuz:

The casting totally sucks - Robert Pattison and Kirsten Stewart?? How retarded can they be??

The acting totally sucks - Maybe they were told to act that way but, Bella looked like she was going to pee her pants during the whole movie and Edward looked pissed and on drugs.

The movie looks so depressing

The movie was NOTHING like the book. It was as if they had made a movie bades on the same plot - Vampire falls in love with girl and bla bla, Taken the names of the characters and done something completely different! I have only read the first book in swedish, so can somebody tell me - was the "Bella and Edward in the woods where Edward shows her that he is shiny" in it? I remember it being more romantic, something with a beautiful meadow?? or is my brain broken?

I can't read the book anymore, I keep seing Robert and Kirsten in my head everytime I try! crying

so... yeah.. Add me as friend if you think the same! whee  

Landiza

Twilight Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:50 pm
When Edward showed Bella (in the movie) what he looked like in the sun, this is what happened when I saw it...

Edward (Onscreen): "This is the skin of a killer."

Me: "No, it's the skin of a gay man in a boy band."

Woman (Sitting down the aisle from me): "WHAT DID YOU SAY?!"

Needless to say I nearly threw my nachos at her but I was laughing too hard by that point to really care. She gave me the evil eye and a glare when the movie was done (I was surprised that she'd hunted me down to do that). Still, sparklepires made me laugh. Always have.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:33 am
Twilight Scribe
When Edward showed Bella (in the movie) what he looked like in the sun, this is what happened when I saw it...

Edward (Onscreen): "This is the skin of a killer."

Me: "No, it's the skin of a gay man in a boy band."

Woman (Sitting down the aisle from me): "WHAT DID YOU SAY?!"

Needless to say I nearly threw my nachos at her but I was laughing too hard by that point to really care. She gave me the evil eye and a glare when the movie was done (I was surprised that she'd hunted me down to do that). Still, sparklepires made me laugh. Always have.

hahaha wow XD when my friend saw the first time there was an old couple that laughed everytime, then they left in the middle of the movie X3  

Landiza

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces