KZN02
Captain

Aekea Warrior

19,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:15 pm
Eh, sometimes I'd like to vent all what I've been thinking about ... Course I'm not sure if I got them all.

Hydrogen and Oxygen - since there's water in the ocean and as an element, that's no suprise.
Iron - there's Fe-Matoran and such.
Carbon - as fire burns, CO2 is made, so ... Carbon has to exist.
Sodium and Chloride - there were Pillars of Salt mentioned in the 2007 storyline.
Gold, Silver, and Copper - not sure on this one, because it could be a color rather than an element. Anyways there were gold Kanohi the Toa Mata had, silver Kanohi Wairuha wore, and copper from the Copper Mask of Victory.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:24 pm
- I think, Greg has confirmed that the water in the endless ocean is the same water as in our world; so obviously, H and O have to exist.
- I'm not sure whether Carbon exists, though, since fire in Bionicle doesn't have to be the same chemical reaction as in our world...
- Fe-Matoran are no proof for Iron. Everything in the Matoran Universe is made of Protodermis (so if we look for human-world material in the Bionicle world, we can't search in the Matoran Universe), so the Fe-Matoran can't even know real iron. The "iron" that Toa of Iron control actually is metallic protodermis.
- Gold and Silver: Well, all of the Kanohi masks have to be made from Protodermis, since the abilities of Kanohi masks, Kanoka discs and so on actually come from the Protodermis.
- Copper: Well, as far as I know it was already used in Metru Nui, before the Great Cataclysm; and only Protodermis exists there, so it probably wasn't "real" Copper either.
- Sodium and Chloride: I have no idea were those salt pillars were mentioned... If it was somewhere in the Matoran Universe, it probably was Protodermis, too; and if it was outside, this might mean that Sidium and Chloride really exist, but it doesn't really have to be the same salt we know......  

Toa-Nuva

KZN02
Captain

Aekea Warrior

19,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:29 pm
Toa-Nuva
- Sodium and Chloride: I have no idea were those salt pillars were mentioned... If it was somewhere in the Matoran Universe, it probably was Protodermis, too; and if it was outside, this might mean that Sidium and Chloride really exist, but it doesn't really have to be the same salt we know......

Back in the first 2007 version of the website, it mentions Pridak's favorite hunting grounds was the Pillars of Salt.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:47 pm
Well, it's even harder to say then... Everything around the pit could come from Mata Nui (which would mean it's probably Protodermis), but it could also have been there before (which would mean it could be anything)... Maybe Greg would give us some answers about this topic if someone asked him...  

Toa-Nuva

KZN02
Captain

Aekea Warrior

19,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:47 pm
So, as of Dwellers In Darkness, Chapter 7, there's also ozone (O3).  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:10 pm
well is protodermis water or rock? because last i checked it was used in most rocks,and the water surrounding metru nui is protodermis last i heard  

Aexeiz

The BIONICLE Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff