Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply General Debate Forum
Islam and keeping dogs as pets Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arisu-Rin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
My mom's friend did some research and found out there is one kind of dog that Muslims can have...
Why does everyone have bad dog experiences...I like dogs, even my relatives have/had dogs.
I have a rabbit, and a cat...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:32 am
what dog is fine?  

The_Pathan
Captain

Mysterious_Angel OwO
Crew

5,100 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:41 am
The_Pathan
what dog is fine?

no
the malayka won't enter that house or proyect it  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:41 pm
beauty lili
The_Pathan
what dog is fine?

no
the malayka won't enter that house or proyect it

Completely true.

Jin Saga

The_Pathan
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:40 am
i can't even have a picture at my house??? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:05 am
Bisminla al-rahman al-rahim

Allah considers some animals dirty such as Pigs and Dogs.
To Allah it would be disrespectful for a muslim to have a dog and disrespectful to the other muslims.
Where i come from in Yemen, it is said that if you touch a dog you have to take 6 showers and the last one in dirt.  

ShadowHawk929

Lisa Red

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:57 pm
mazuac
Is having a dog... haraam? in Islam?

no. I heard a prophet used to have one, and there are various instances of prophets showing kindness to dogs. Historically, dogs have been great helpers of man. There is no reason to not be able to own one, because if men weren't allowed to have dogs,, then they would have a pretty hard time maintaining their population right from the start. Dogs are great hunters, have a great sense of smell, and have many a time protected people from dangerous predatorial (is that a word? oh well, it is now) animals. Even today, guard dogs and guide dogs are widely used. God wouldn't forbid something that helps out the human race. Every rule that he makes, he makes for a reason, and there is no reason that dogs cannot be owned. You have to be careful on the owned part though, because you don't "own" dogs, They are under your care. The only one who owns everybody is God, or Allah. Just like you can't say that you "own" an adopted child.
Many Muslims have misunderstood Islam’s teachings regarding dogs, and this misunderstanding has led to the mistreatment of these animals. The Prophet said, “Purifying a container that a dog has licked (in order for human’s to use it) is done by washing it seven times, the first washing being with dirt.”2 However, according to some scholars, a dog’s fur is considered pure3. Nonetheless, Muslims are discouraged from keeping dogs inside their homes, as the Prophet has been reported as saying that angels do not enter into a house that has a dog.
From an article I've read:
The usefulness of the dog is indisputable. No other animal can compete with it in its loyalty to its caregiver, its abilities as a guard, and its talent for hunting. In fact, the Qur’an narrates in Surat Al-Kahf, or “The Cave,” the story of some pious youths who took refuge in a cave from the persecution and violence of the unbelievers. That these righteous people had a dog with them, and the fact that Allah mentions the dog and counts the dog among them, indicates that dogs are permitted to live among people. [And you would have thought them awake, whereas they were asleep. And We turned them on their right and on their left sides, and their dog stretching forth his two forelegs at the entrance (of the cave as a guard)] (Al-Kahf 18:1 cool .

So dogs may be used for guards as well as for hunting, as the Qur’an also states: [They ask you about what is lawful for them (as food); Say: Lawful unto you are (all) things good and pure: and those beasts and birds of prey which you have trained as hounds, training and teaching them (to catch) in a manner as directed to you by Allah; so eat what they catch for you, but pronounce the name of Allah over it and fear Allah, for Allah is swift in reckoning] (Al-Ma’idah 5:4).

In two separate hadiths narrated by Abu Hurayrah (the cat-loving Companion), the Prophet told his Companions of the virtue of saving the life of a dog by giving it water and quenching its thirst: one referred to was a man who was blessed by Allah for giving water to a thirsty dog. The other was a prostitute, who filled her shoe with water and gave it to a dog that was lolling its tongue in thirst. For this deed she was granted the ultimate reward: eternal Paradise.

(source: islamicawareness.net  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:14 am
Dogs are worser than pigs...  

The_Pathan
Captain

General Debate Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items