Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply PC and other Platform Gaming
PC help?(mostly maplestory)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:18 am
I've been playing maplestory for about 2 months now and all has been well,until a few days ago.I've been getting disconnected alot.Sometimes it's been right away other's it's usually after about an hour but it now happens at an annoying rate.I took a friends advice and unplugged the modem for a few seconds and plugged it back in,but here's the weird thin.My connection was near perfect after that and I hadn't noticed the cable wasn't fully plugged in.I plugged it back in and now have the same problems.

It doesn't just stop at maplestory though,my net(and comp in general)has been freezing up alot and I have to restart the damn thing almost 4 times a day -_-It's probably cause my comp is old(7 actually ._.)but I never had a problem until a few weeks ago.It all went downhill pretty fast.

Sorry for the longwinded thing,but if not the comp,can anyone help me fix ms?(I can't even enjoy my new DK ;^ wink For random info,this comp is an emachine,runs on XP,and I use IE(it's my dads comp,he refuses firefox,not even gonna go there)  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:47 pm
Just stop playing maplestory.

I used to play it all the time. Then I realized that all I'm doing is endless killings and grindings. The quest takes a asinine chunk of your time for something really stupid. Yet, I have to say the only good things about that is the PQs or other little events you can do.

Oh and I hate jump quest...those quest are annoying.  

TyvenRo

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:37 pm
Well... I would first run a computer sweep routine (IE: Disk Cleanup, Virus scan, Scan disk, Defragment the C drive, and check for spy ware or cookies which you don't know about), and see if that doesn't help your computer first.
Also, if you can... try to see what programs are taking up the active memory, as that could be slowing down your computer as well.

Also... it sounds like you might be using broadband internet... and for some reason or another, something is interrupting the connection or taking up more of the bandwidth than you game appreciates and forces you off. Correct me if any of this doesn't sound right, but I think more information in regards to your internet connection after sweeping up the computer might be necessary.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:40 pm
Maplestory rings a bell. I just can't find out where it is. The ringing is really annoying..... Oh snappels! I have a Maplestory account! Dood, I haven't played in years..... i can't even remember the password.... crap.

Hey whatever happened to the Shigeru coming in and solving these problems?  

-2 Z Zelly

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:56 pm
Chaotix Bluix
Well... I would first run a computer sweep routine (IE: Disk Cleanup, Virus scan, Scan disk, Defragment the C drive, and check for spy ware or cookies which you don't know about), and see if that doesn't help your computer first.
Also, if you can... try to see what programs are taking up the active memory, as that could be slowing down your computer as well.

Also... it sounds like you might be using broadband internet... and for some reason or another, something is interrupting the connection or taking up more of the bandwidth than you game appreciates and forces you off. Correct me if any of this doesn't sound right, but I think more information in regards to your internet connection after sweeping up the computer might be necessary.

Thank you for offering help.I had a BSoD almost 2 weeks ago because I think my msn froze while playing,so after all that I ran all the scans(found a trojan and killed it but idk if that's what did it)And sorry if I use terms or anything the wrong way,I'm not good with computers,but I have comast internet and it's always been pretty fast.However we also have verison for my brothers computer and that runs wireless all the time.I have heard alot of people are having troubles with MS latelt but my bf plays at the same times with me,and since I've been playing,and he only has some lag.This has only started in the last few days,so I'm not sure if my dad has changed any settings or not.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:15 am
Don't worry so about terminology, for the most part you've been getting everything spot on... plus it doesn't take much for me to understand.

So it's not the speed thats the problem at least... but have you tried having your dad call comcast to see if there is any work being done in your area?
In anycase, I would still suggest using disk cleanup and trying to keep your hard drive reasonably clean of pictures/music/word documents, and have those on something like a CD or a flash drive. In anycase, you also might want to talk to your dad about it and if there was anything he changed recently to cause this problem.

Now though... you might also want to check the faq's or developer's jornals/posts for Maple Story on Nexon and see if they realize that this is a problem at the moment, and if they're trying to address it as well...

Let me know if any of that helps you turn something up though. sweatdrop  

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100

We Have A Winnar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:46 pm
I would suggest not running MSN while you're gaming, its a bandwidth sucker. If your computer just suddenly started doing this, but you didnt pick up anything on an antivirus/malware scan, I cant think of anything that would be wrong with your computer. Are all of your internet cables in good shape, and connected correctly? The MapleStory servers themselves have been pretty laggy lately, but it could also be caused by your internet service provider running maintenence.
Also, in your MapleStory folder there is a file titled "setup" that you can run to make sure your computer is running on its best settings for Maple. Other than that, in game I'd change my system options to the lowest quality settings to reduce lag, and try playing on the less populated channels.
The MapleStory website also has a forum, with a pretty thurough tech support section, so you may try posting there as well.  
PC and other Platform Gaming

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games