Reply Chatterbox/Humor
Are you kidding me?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Barru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:54 pm
http://www.moddb.com/forum/thread/fallout-3-banned-for-having-morphine-bethesda-removes-it-modders-put-it-back-in-suck-on-that-oflc

... wtf.
Ooo wow. Morphine.

There's so much wrong with the rating system that... really they all should be electroshocked for their own good.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:39 pm
Morphine. Seriously? Goddamn, it's been a battlefield anesthetic since... what, the Huns?  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Barru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:33 am
Fresnel
Morphine. Seriously? Goddamn, it's been a battlefield anesthetic since... what, the Huns?

I haven't looked up the history.

Anyway, the game also has crack or meth or some such, they just call it 'jet'.
But I guess as long as you call it by any other name it's ok to have in a game.

Is Morphine a trade marked name?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:16 am
Barru
Fresnel

Nope, no trademark.

Makes me wonder sometimes. In the game Postal, where the point of the game was to massacre as many townspeople as possible without getting killed, they would literally sell you a crack pipe. You smoke it, you get better health, but after a while withdrawal sets in and you take some damage for a few minutes. I think the signs at the shop even said "CRACK PIPES", or something very close. GTA had adrenaline pills. In Alien vs. Predator, the Predator had something similar to morphine syrettes, which would heal him. Morphine has been a battlefield painkiller since the Huns got all hopped up on opium before a fight. Seriously, priorities.

EDIT: Oh, I see the problem. In games like Half-Life where morphine is used strictly as a painkiller, it's okay, but in games like Fallout where morphine's heavily addictive properties are brought into gameplay, it's not okay. I think this guy said it best:
Gibberstein
So the one where you can endlessly abuse drugs without any negative effects is preferable to the one which tries to model the downside as well as the benefits? That's teaching a great lesson there!

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:46 am
Well it started out as opium and that was used in china for years and years but then the niddle was invented and morphile was soon to follow.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:37 am
Fresnel
Barru
Fresnel

Nope, no trademark.

Makes me wonder sometimes. In the game Postal, where the point of the game was to massacre as many townspeople as possible without getting killed, they would literally sell you a crack pipe. You smoke it, you get better health, but after a while withdrawal sets in and you take some damage for a few minutes. I think the signs at the shop even said "CRACK PIPES", or something very close. GTA had adrenaline pills. In Alien vs. Predator, the Predator had something similar to morphine syrettes, which would heal him. Morphine has been a battlefield painkiller since the Huns got all hopped up on opium before a fight. Seriously, priorities.

EDIT: Oh, I see the problem. In games like Half-Life where morphine is used strictly as a painkiller, it's okay, but in games like Fallout where morphine's heavily addictive properties are brought into gameplay, it's not okay. I think this guy said it best:
Gibberstein
So the one where you can endlessly abuse drugs without any negative effects is preferable to the one which tries to model the downside as well as the benefits? That's teaching a great lesson there!

Ah yes, that quote explained it.

But wait, Fallout 3 would have negative effects of Morphine right? Fallout 3 and Oblivion has negative effects for alcohol -int -dex but of course, +chr and +str.
Maybe they didn't even add that to the system, the addiction aspect that is.
It would be cool if Morphine in the game had a chance for addiction and going through withdrawls would cause fatigue and pain (injury) until you're out of DTs or you had another.

Postal is awesome like that.
Have you heard anything about Postal III?

Oh ******** game just has been killed for me. I'm not going to get it.
It's Third Person only.
How ******** retarded is that? Why would they do that? WHY?

I'm going to try and forget about this by playing Fallout ******** balls... WTF?!! a**!!!  

Barru

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:48 pm
Hell even the vikings used drugs before battle! Well the bezerkers any way.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:17 am
Barru
Fresnel
Barru
Fresnel

Nope, no trademark.

Gibberstein

But wait, Fallout 3 would have negative effects of Morphine right? Fallout 3 and Oblivion has negative effects for alcohol -int -dex but of course, +chr and +str.
It would be cool if Morphine in the game had a chance for addiction and going through withdrawls would cause fatigue and pain (injury) until you're out of DTs or you had another.

It's Third Person only.

I'm going to try and forget about this by playing Fallout ******** balls... WTF?!! a**!!!

I have fallout 3, and it's first person or third or even sky view if you want. It all depends where you put the camera. However, I warn you it's not a FPS, its more of...how to put it...an FPSRPG?  

Krilliad

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:10 pm
Battlefield Reaper
Barru
Fresnel
Barru
Fresnel

Nope, no trademark.

Gibberstein

It's Third Person only.

I have fallout 3, and it's first person or third or even sky view if you want. It all depends where you put the camera. However, I warn you it's not a FPS, its more of...how to put it...an FPSRPG?

I was bitching about Postal III.
It's going to be third person only.
Um ghey.

Fallout 3 is friggin awesome.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:31 pm
OberFeldwebel
Battlefield Reaper
Barru
Fresnel
Barru

Nope, no trademark.

Gibberstein

It's Third Person only.

Um ghey.

GTA is third person only, and they pull it off well, so there's still hope.  

Isitcanbemuletiemnao

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:48 pm
Isitcanbemuletiemnao
OberFeldwebel
Battlefield Reaper
Barru
Fresnel
Nope, no trademark.

It's Third Person only.

Um ghey.

GTA is third person only, and they pull it off well, so there's still hope.

Yeah, but that's GTA. I got used to Postal being first person from Postal II.
Also, I feel that it keeps the person from being immersed in the game.
Oh wait, I'm supposed to play how I would play? But wait, I'm playing the postal dude... it just feels like I'm controlling the character and not being the character.

I'm hoping for a mod that adds first person in.
But it's going to take a while since they're going to have to make first person models, textures, AND animations.
It's going to be a ******** while.  
Chatterbox/Humor

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff