Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Lavender Lounge .: Questions and Assistance :.
Um...What's the difference

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A Little Bit of Warmth

7,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:20 pm
I'm very new to Pagagnism and Wicca, but I can't seem to see the difference really *waits for someone to come and scold/hurt her* I'd research more on my own and try and find out, but my parents are completely against it. Not to mention, I don't think they'd be able to handle it if they found out that I am Pagan or Wiccan, on top of being lesbian.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:52 am
Don’t worry I didn’t understand the difference for a long time.

Wiccans worship the Lord and Lady and are based on Gerald Gardner’s works. Pagan is a broader term meaning "country dweller, rustic" and refers to many other religions, practices and faiths, including Wiccan based practices.

(If my understanding is incorrect please correct me.)  

Dark_Raven_Amadahy

A Little Bit of Warmth

7,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:21 pm
Gerald Gardner? I...can't say I've heard of him. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:03 pm
Gerald Gardner wrote several books that popularized Wicca.  

Dark_Raven_Amadahy

A Little Bit of Warmth

7,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:27 pm
Oh. I'd go out and buy them/take them out from the library, but my parent's don't know and I kinda doubt I can tell them. Not to mention, I'm debating whether I'm Wiccan or Pagan. @.@ Even explaining Pagans or Wiccans to them and that they're not evil or Satanists, they still probably won't believe me and think that I'l go to Hell if I continue or something. My mom freaks as it is when she sees me checking out my horoscope or astrology signs.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:40 pm
All Wiccans are Pagans, but not all Pagans are Wiccans.^_^ "Pagan" is the family of religions to which Wicca belongs- along with a few others. Many people use only the term "Pagan" to describe themselves, because they don't really identify with any of the currently established groups.

So off hand I'd say you're definitely Pagan. And if you don't know who Gerald Gardner is, you're probably not Wiccan. But you may be a type of Pagan who borrows a few things here and there from Wicca- a lot of people who identify simply as "Pagan" do that.

Good luck with your family! I had a rough time with mine, too... but at the very least you know that you won't always be living with them. So there's no rush, and you'll be free to do and say pretty much whatever you wish after you move out on your own. wink  

WebenBanu

The Lavender Lounge .: Questions and Assistance :.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games