Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
I learned a lesson today

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadow Deadeye

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:44 pm
So today was a normal airsoft day, all the good games. The team leader of ours brought a Glock (Yes A real one, no kB) , So we each got a Mag. Well no one brought ear plugs, needless too say my ears are still ringing.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:42 pm
Be thankful you can still hear. I couldn't for about a day and any noise that I could hear hurt a lot. Lesson learned.  

Man of the Demoneye

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:03 pm
That's stupid and dangerous. One evening of fun to possibly loose or severely damage your hearing? Not really worth it. You could have at least shot one handed and used your off hand to plug one of your ears.

stare

Sorry if I come off as harsh, but it's really important to use the plugs. That's why they're there.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:27 pm
Yeah like I said, I'm never doing that again unless theres earplugs involved.  

Shadow Deadeye

Isitcanbemuletiemnao

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:28 am
ArmasTermin
That's stupid and dangerous. One evening of fun to possibly loose or severely damage your hearing? Not really worth it. You could have at least shot one handed and used your off hand to plug one of your ears.

stare

Sorry if I come off as harsh, but it's really important to use the plugs. That's why they're there.
I had a friend who used to use the butt end of spent .223 casings as earplugs. Apparently they worked exceptionally well.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:37 am
Isitcanbemuletiemnao
ArmasTermin

stare

I had a friend who used to use the butt end of spent .223 casings as earplugs. Apparently they worked exceptionally well.

bet he got some funny looks/stares

Still have all of your fingers?  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Shadow Deadeye

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:19 pm
SBBuckner
Isitcanbemuletiemnao
ArmasTermin

stare

bet he got some funny looks/stares

Still have all of your fingers?

Yeah and I remember it was a Glock 17, every shot I took I prayed it didn't explode, luckily it didn't.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:51 pm
the only glocks that exploded were old (gen 1 or 2) and chambered in .40 iirc

and yeah you damaged your hearing, probably not badly but earplugs are cheap as hell. you can buy boxes of 100 or 200 on amazon for $30 or so  

inconsequential

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff